/daily/ - Stolen Memes Edition

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

Links:
neverendingchartrendering.org/
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gVcZ9t_bnWE
youtube.com/watch?v=3s3t6VYfcIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ooMtfwFQA00
youtu.be/txNEZqUYsak
youtu.be/Q4MymPStabI
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/xiu_xiu/chapel_of_the_chimes/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for the girlz

what le heck

After listening to Dark side of the moon what else of theirs should I listen to?

ok computer, then tvu&n

nothing

endless river only

really uncomfortable
youtube.com/watch?v=gVcZ9t_bnWE

fuck u fish I am not a bottom type o person

This is kind of comfy but also gay

Depends how many 60 year old men you want to pick up at Sunday morning brunch.
(Piper >> everything tho)

If you liked Dark Side, WYWH or Animals

u enjoying texhnolyze?

;)) git p0wned

pf has a lot of great shit but I've found myself loving it less and less over time. WYWH or Meddle perhaps?

My meme was stolen it looks like pic related
has anyone seen my meme?

Pls help.

I tried looking but I only found this

was it this here meme

would it be this

made me laugh

That's the one! Thank you very much!

mcnuggetface mmh

That new Arca album is neat. I agree with some when they say the second half is weaker, but the vocal styling is fresh. The complaints about his voice wearing thin or being too one-note I don't agree with. It's clearly the best part. I don't think I've ever heard Spanish opera-eqsue crooning with cold electronic backing that wasn't a sample or something. I feel like he could have gone harsher/darker.

Reverie is probably the best song.

you forgot to sage

when did dogwander and sdc meet?

what is this expression supposed to convey?

>When everyone thinks you left /daily/ but you're really just influencing it anonymously

>u enjoying texhnolyze?
i ilke it though i find it a little slow (though i get thats part of the show) and hard to understand (less so now than before, when i had to read ep descriptions to get it bc im dumb). best scene was end of episode 2 for me when hes just lying on the stairs helpless. such a good scene. at the point where i am i feel like shits gonna have to REALLY go down (more than it already has) towards the end

youtube.com/watch?v=3s3t6VYfcIQ

this is the guy /daily/ circlejerks over? s m h
youtube.com/watch?v=ooMtfwFQA00

does anyone on /daily/ do nofap?

Alessandro Cortini - Risveglio
>Progressive Electronic, Minimal Synth, Ambient

When I saw "Nine Inch Nails Electronic Producer", I worried a bit. But this was, surprisingly enough, a solid listen. Roomy and slightly abrasive snippets reside in this album, and Cortini shows moderation with his ideas and production. A mix of heavy, sequenced, full-sounding passages, shades of light and dark.

Wanted to note that Dormiveglia is a very jarring interlude. Cortini actually managed to surprise me with complete silence; it's a jarring tacet of an otherwise smooth first movement of the album. Maybe Cortini unplugged something while recording this, but decided to leave it as it is. It got my attention, that's for sure.

Maybe give this a try if you want a milder combo of the steady rhythm of Techno, the crackliness of Noise, the soft synths of Ambient, and the sharper edges of Darkwave. Or if you want an album that sounds like you're being stalked through an ancient monolith in space.

7/10

i wonder if he likes to wash dishes

i do my dick dont work

mine doesn't either

Indie heads essentials

More like indie bread essentials

i'm back baby
zouroku no kibyo is pretty good for being one of the first big noise records

Get on that Mingus hustle my dude.

soon
s o o n

I'm bummed out that I haven't had time at all to listen to new music! I want to finish my charts, and hear more 2017 albums.
-_-
But
this might be the best time in my life for concerts! Saw Jens Lekman, soon I'll see Sondre Lerche, Insect Warfare, B L A C K I E for fun, and today I found out Jandek is playing a free show soon!

Does anyone have that pet sounds image that says "punch pets on the beach?" Pic related is only for ants

>Jandek
Thinking about going too; the one at Rice?

That's the one! Givingbear will likely be there, too.

I didn't realize it was free, I was wondering why I couldn't buy a ticket lol

here

new arca is not good

>Mort Garson - Mother Earth's Plantasia
Hell yeah, I loved this. Super chill, cozy electronic music that highkey reminded me of old vidya game songs and stuff. I don't have much else to say about it, but if you like that type of music, or just electronic/coziness in general, do check this out.

I'm high.
Give me good music to listen to.

lotic - heterocetera

Parson Sound

correct

this is chaotic as fuck. nice.

one track nigga

scooter no time to chill

you really think I'm gonna listen to one hour of scooter? give the best track!

what

That's Us / Wild Combination is my favorite non-Beach Boys high song

>Fishmans fan is a stoner
:thinking:

do modern jester

I haven't smoked in over 6 months, and I've switched to alcohol as of recent, but yeah I used to be a huge stoner for a bit.

I still listen to Fishmans drunk, but my fav drunk jams are usually ABBA.

what went wrong?

RIP me I guess

Fish, didn't you nearly drown once trying to save a bag of weed?

>switching weed to alcohol
not a good look

but very good song. it's strange not hearing bleeps

archive hasn't worked in weeks otherwise I'd give the post number, but something similar to that yeah.

Why? It's less healthy, sure, but it's more socially acceptable and in general more fun to do with other people in my experience. I also started to like weed less and less moving to a hippie/stoner town where it's extremely cheap and the whole town smells like it.

Plus, it's not like I get drunk every day. It's just once or occasionally twice a week, so it's not like I went from stoner to alcoholic. More like stoner to social drinker.

I'm not huge on that album or Russell in general, but I love that track.

I'm just joshing you.
I actually quit alcohol cause I wasn't enjoying it anymore. Now it feels weird seeing people enjoying it.

You inspired me to go on a nostalgia trip through Person Pitch. good job fish

>Not getting drunk alone every night while studying and blacking out on your notes
Just me or..................

this sounds like the worst time

Well, after having listened to albums mostly derivative of pop and rock for the last... what, 5 years, I decided to give hip hop a shot with MF DOOM's Mm... Food.

Holy crap, it's great. Especially the beats, it's fantastic. Probably gonna listen to Madvillainy next, but I reckon I could get some more reccomendations on mostly beat-driven hip hop, I find that really interesting. Though, given it is hip hop, I don't doubt most stuff will inevitably have a more lyric focus

kinda funny story:

Last semester I took a psych class with a friend of mine. Early in the course we learned about a study where people would study and take exams in different states: They would study being either high or sober and then took the exams being either high or sober and combining different states to see which created the best scores.

They were, in decreasing order of score:
>Studying sober, taking the exam sober
>Studying high, taking the exam high
>Studying high, taking the exam sober
>Studying sober, taking the exam high

Because of this, my stupid-ass stoner friend figured he might as well start taking exams super blazed since he already often studied high, increasing the chances of him doing better on exams.

He finished an extremely easy entry-level psychology class with somewhere between a 40%-50% because he was retarded and took every test stoned and also never finished his research credits. No clue how he's still going here but I admire his dedication.

I should start listening to my old favorites. They have a different taste to them.

listen to Madvillainy. It's literally the almost best hip hop project.

Listen to The Constructus Corporation- the Ziggurat

this is gonna sound totally backpacker but madvillainy is literally the peak of the genre

Yeah Mm... Food is incredible. You'll no doubt like Madvillainy too.

What do you think about Plunderphonics? Stuff like Endtroducing and SILY might be right up your ally.

Would also reccomend a lot of the entry-level Instrumental Hip Hop albums like Donuts or Metaphorical Music

Also, DOOM's Special Herbs is literally just all his instrumentals + extra beats. Really great stuff if you like his style.

Are you looking for more Boom Bap, Experimental/Abstract, or a modern Trap style with beats? Figuring that out would be a good place to start too.

bump with good music lads.

New Sondre Lerche

SHXCXCHCXSH - SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSs

i like the tracks SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSs, SsSsSsSsSs, and SsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSsSs they are good

idk if you like drone metal but i'm listening to this rn and it's p good

What are your favorite albums of this year so far /daily/? I plan to put ~20 from 2017 on my next chart

youtu.be/txNEZqUYsak
youtu.be/Q4MymPStabI

I've only listened to ~10 releases this year but this is my top 3 (all bleeps)

Darren Keen - It's Never Too Late to Say You're Welcome
Amnesia Scanner - AS Truth
Vargdod - Brutal Disciplin

Information Flash - Ego Murda Sound

I think you know which two I would list

Jin Ying Soloists - Evening Song - Traditional Chinese Instrumental Music
>Chinese Classical

Nice spacious and tranquil traditional chinese classical music. Like new age except meticulously composed, instrumentally varied, and most importantly actually good. Puts you in a nice calming headspace while being interesting enough to completely maintain your attention if you so choose to give it. Great stuff.

7.5 /10

everything new is poo

How do I into noise pop?

Jesus and Mary Chain and Mercury Rev

get very high.

Gonna do these
anyone else got 2017 recs?

Have you ever seen the movie Babe? What do you think of it?

Loveless + Yo La Tango + Mercury Rev idk

and this yeah

do thisthen listen to this

fuck forgot to reply to

>Have you ever seen the movie Babe? What do you think of it?
Haven't seen it since I was little so I don't remember much; It has a qt pigger though so it's probably bitchin. I'd give it a 10/10.

you've gotta listen to King Geedorah - Take Me to Your Leader and Quasimoto - The Unseen. They're both alternate personas of DOOM and Madlib, respectively, and they're both great

Don't tell anyone, but Born Like This is secretly his best album.

Also listen to Deltron 3030, ATCQ, PiƱata, etc.

Gonna listen to it, it's probably gonna be great.
Thanks for the suggestions, guys, I'll listen to them.

Answering Fish - I'd say that the thing I liked the most on the beats on Mm... Food was how you could feel every instrument on the beat disntictively, but they all flowed as one thing rather than standing out. And it felt like music on its own, it felt like the voice was acting in unison with the music rather than the music acting in service to the voice.

It's weird to describe, this is my first foray into hip hop, I'm not exactly sure what everything is in general.

Yeah for once a show has a legitimate excuse to be slow. And it is confusing but I think the general point it is trying to make is kinda clear but I won't spoil. You are absolutely right though, shit will go down, and it's great. The show really does pick up near the end. You've gotten through the hardest part of the show imo.

I remember feeling the exact way when I first heard Mm...Food. From that description I would highly rec trying out Hip Hop's Plunderphonics-era stuff like SILY and Endtroducing. Hip Hop has a lot of its roots in DJing/sampling, so the two go hand-in-hand.

And let us know what you think of Madvillainy when you get around to it.

YES ME AND THE HEDGEHOG
WE BURSTING THE TIRES ALL DAY
AS WE ROLL DOWN THE HIGHWAY
TOWARDS THE SETTING SUN

you're only allowed to post pigs

Just bumped this to a 5 rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/xiu_xiu/chapel_of_the_chimes/

Since when is zach hill on here?

trips confirm :/