I love Jazz because of the beautiful and understated improvisation...

I love Jazz because of the beautiful and understated improvisation. But I fucking hate annoying sound of fucking Trumpet and Saxophone. So that I love Bill Evans Trio stuffs or Bill Evans works with Jim Hall.
Can you recommend me Jazz without pippippooppoop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ogpfFkS37cw
youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ooy2mzrRk&ab_channel=Rogerrogerjazzfan
youtube.com/watch?v=B4qLD3c2rGA&ab_channel=AllThatJazzDonKaart
youtube.com/watch?v=wwVIbnAGSrY&ab_channel=Berceropezifaagaman
youtu.be/kHTuB6V4NGQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

François Rabbath - The Sound of a Bass
Terje Rypdal - Whenever I Seem to Be Far Away

Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire

Yeah. I love fusion stuffs also. They're already my favorite.

Thanks. Never heard of them. What kind of instruments they play?

You should make an effort to try find horn players with timbres you like...or just learning to appreciate them in general. You're missing out on a lot of fantastic music (jazz and otherwise) ignoring those two instruments.
That said:
piano trios on pic related
Bud Powell - The Amazing, Jazz Giant, etc.
Modern Jazz Quartet - everything
Dave Holland - Gateway, Question and Answer, Music from Two Basses, etc.
Keith Jarrett - Solo live stuff (Koln, Bremen + Lausanne , Sun Bear Concerts, etc.)
Art Tatum - 21st century piano genius, piano starts here, etc.
Thelonious Monk - Solo, Alone in San Francisco, trio, etc.
Duke Ellington - Money Jungle
Nina Simone - Little Girl Blue, And Piano!, etc.
Joe Pass - Chops, Virtuoso, etc.
Craig Taborn - Avenging Angel, Chants, etc.
Jim Hall - both albums with Evans, Pat Metheny collab, Alone Together, etc.

Srs tho, these are all great albums, but try get over the dislike of the horns. You'll be glad you did.

The ECM label put out some really good jazz starting in the 70s that has a lot of what I think you're looking for. Sort of like a cross between jazz and early ambient. Take some time to dig into that label if you haven't already.

youtube.com/watch?v=ogpfFkS37cw

>Tony Williams Lifetime - Emergency
really changed the piano trio game by not even having a piano in it

>there is only 1(one) rating in rym
Amazing. I'll check them.

Thank you for recommendations.
>try get over the dislike of the horns
ok. I'll put more effort into that.

Although that youtube link is banned in my country, it feels like that's what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot.

I didn't make the list, but I think it's cool he included it. Larry Young is basically the only organ player I consistently like.

It's a great album, but it shouldn't be on there. There could easily be a organ trio "essentials," and there's a bunch of major omissions on this piano trio list. Where the fuck is Monk, Herbie, Chick, Money Jungle, just to name a couple hugely enormous oversights.

I'm yet to see an "essentials" list from Sup Forums that doesn't just seem superficially decent and but mostly shitty.

I'm yet to see a person who complains about essentials lists on Sup Forums ever actually contributing anything helpful themselves

if you're okay with piano being the main focus

I've offered to help multiple times, but it either goes nowhere out of laziness, or the people making them are so up their own ass that they think some obscure flash-in-the-pan group is better/more important than an established musician like, say, Chick Corea.

You need this album OP. I think there are very few musicians have made such a connection to their instruments as Grant Green has. He's a true master. Even his half notes at ~80 bpm sound magical.

Who have made*

It's a neat collection with some good recs tho.The albums on that chart are solid and I've heard some good music I was unfamiliar with before because of it.
I've got a tonne of these sort of charts saved cause you get a damn good sampling of music, but if you're looking for a rigorously comprehensive chart on nearly any topic, you're being unreasonable frankly. Anyone making an essentials chart is gonna be biased and will likely omit something essential or include something not so essential.
That's also why I went on to list a few more piano trios and people itt have and will reccomend other great albums too.

Shit actually yeah, should have thought of Grant. Get some Wes too while you're at it:
youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ooy2mzrRk&ab_channel=Rogerrogerjazzfan
youtube.com/watch?v=B4qLD3c2rGA&ab_channel=AllThatJazzDonKaart

I get what you're saying and generally agree, but also
>Anyone making an essentials chart is gonna be biased and will likely omit something essential or include something not so essential.
shows why it's stupid to call it "essential," call it "one guys picks" instead if this is how its going to end up.

I think something better could happen, but instead we either get one person's limited scope, or a perpetual rough draft.

I would recommend Boss Guitar. Perfect album for a warm spring afternoon.

Such is art and life in general. Nothing's perfect.
The way Ame did that sampler chart a while back was good for weeding out bias/poor choices and it ended up building a chart that no single person could have, but again, nothing is gonna be perfect or suit any one person's preferences completely and it's got flaws.
Haven't heard this one, adding it to muh backlog.

Personally, I think that you will be missing an extremely huge part of jazz if you decide to actively avoid brass instruments, I'm a guitarist so I know that trumpets and such can get very "in your face" but you get used to it and then start to enjoy it. Rather than avoid it maybe start with some really nice sounding trumpets like Chet Baker or Dizzy, you don't have to go directly to Maynard and the screaming stuff.

>what you want is something pleasant sounding that doesn't get too in your face op
>recs Dizzy
Are you trying to scare him away?

That said, Chet and cool jazz guys might not be the worst way to go. Maybe check out some stuff with Gerry Mulligan and Paul Desmond on it for sax op.

not him but you should check out gibket gravy by george benson if you haven't already

Yeah, in hindsight Dizzy was maybe a poor option, but sometimes he almost sounds like a flute (intro of Tanga performance in Madarao '82 for example)

I've disliked Benson on everything I've heard by him thus far... smooth jazz and the worst of fusion. It's like he got on board with the movement specifically cause of the pop influence. I wish he wasn't on Miles in the Sky. His playing on Paraphernalia is basic as fuck compared to the rest of the quintet and it bothers me that the people who'd later drive the genre into the ground were involved so early on.
Though, tbf, the rest of the quintet basically went on to sell out in some way or another too, so maybe that's a bit hypocritical of me.
I can just imagine him screaming and running away listening to something like:
youtube.com/watch?v=wwVIbnAGSrY&ab_channel=Berceropezifaagaman
It's so good, but Diz is piercing af.

youtu.be/kHTuB6V4NGQ

Not that poster, but Benson is a great guitarist. You just have to be careful with basically anything after the mid-70s if you want to shy away from the smooth production. His earlier soul jazz shit is fantastic in my opinion. He's always had a cool sense of phrasing and melodic sensibility.

Check out Beyond the Blue Horizon if you haven't,

fiddle jazz and gipsy jazz best jazz

fuck saxofags.