We did it, Sup Forums!

We did it, Sup Forums!

Ghostbusters flopped!

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-melissa-mccarthy-kristen-wiig-kate-mckinnon-weekend-box-office-preview-the-infiltrator-bryan-cranston-1201785316/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Let's see you try to make make $46 million a weekend. How is this a flop? Sony was projecting 38-40 million.

Let us raise a glass of feminist tears in celebration. ALL HAIL THE PATRIARCHY!

Wait, that pets movie outdid it on it's secon week? Does anything think it will turn a profit now?

FOCK YOU GOYIM

>We did it, Sup Forums!
What exactly did you do?

t. Man baby

>How is this a flop?

You know literally nothing.

I bet you think that if its budget was 140 mil, and it makes exactly 140 mil, that it wasn't a flop.

funny how the media is reporting a win

Hollywood Accounting.
Sony loans out the budget to make and market the film to a production company, because it's in the 100s of millions they charge something like 30% interest.

The estimated cost of the film was $144m
So you double that to cover the P&A (print and advertising) budget, which is usually as much as the production budget.

So we have
>144 + 144 = 288.
>+ 30% interest of loan = ~$374.4 million.
>Now I think the studio only gets 60% of the ticket price, depending on the individual distribution deal they negotiate with each cinema chain.
>They need to make $624 million to break even!
>Yes, they probably shave off a few hundred mill with international sales agreements in other territories.
>Point is, they need to make like $100m this weekend to have enough momentum to make back the rest.

Not only that, but Jews aren't in this business to just 'break even'.

Tarzan was a WB movie?

Isn't Tarzan Disney?

And China won't save them, either.

This movie is crashing and burning like it well and deserves.

Tarzan is a public domain property. Anyone can make an adaptation of it.

And serves them right for using the most insincere progressive garbage as a way to cash in on an old property.

Don't the heirs to Burroughs or whatever that authors name is own it?

dog bless ameriga

>movie called central intelligence

D. Pave I'm CI

Sure, give me 144 million and I can turn it to 46 million in a weekend.

the toy sales will save them... oh wait

>Sony was projecting 38-40 million.
And the movie has a 144 million budget, honey.

>there's a movie called Captain Fantastic

That's kind of troubling. Captain Fantastic is what I call my dick

ITT: We pretend movies stop making money after one week and don't stay in theaters for multiple weeks, then go onto the home video market, sell merch, and then sell the rights to the film to Netflix/cable

wew lad

so we like this movie now?

In this post, Sony shill.

>We pretend movies stop making money after one week and don't stay in theaters for multiple weeks
said opening week is usually when the movie makes the biggest amount of revenue unless it's unknown and later becomes a sleeper hit.

Ghostbusters 2016 is not a sleeper.

>sell merch
pfft.
archive.nyafuu.org/toy/thread/5765357/

Yeah that money isnt profit

no we hate it, just in case

>got beat by Pets in second week
>Star Trek and HOL UP going to murder the next the few weeks

wuhuu jeeee wiiiii !!111

you're implying that netflix wants the rights to this, netflix only makes shows/movies based on what the audience wants to see
>see rising trend in capeshit
>we get shows like jessica jones and daredevil as a result
>see rising trend in 80s horror movies
>make stranger things
there are other shows that apply to this but i'm not gonna name all of them
and you don't get a lot of money from merch unless it's a super big franchise like star wars or if it's Disney
and home video market is practically dead with torrents and netflix

I'm not too familiar with how the box office works. Is this bad for a film of this budget or not? Thanks in advance for the replies, amigos

the movie would have to make 100 million in the next week just to make even, and that's not counting the marketing and merchandise budget, as well as the fact that theaters take about 25% of the revenue and that execs don't want to break even, they want tons of profit.

Just saw this. It was great, the whole theater laughed, everyone sat through the credits. It seems only angry manchildren on the internet dislike it.

the sentence "the whole theater" has less of an impact when the only one in there is you

Yeah okay

>angry manchildren
You mean baby-men.

>whole theater laughed
>a whole 3 people laughing

>Movie has a 4.1 IMDB rating and is being universally panned or met with mediocre reviews by YouTube reviewers

Nah, sure, everyone liked it

>Sony was projecting 38-40 million.

HAHAHAHA no, no studio is projecting that low, specially with a franchaise like ghostbusters

Sony should stop shilling their movie here. They are only digging a deeper hole wasting their money.

Don't forget Bourne.

deadline.com/2016/07/ghostbusters-melissa-mccarthy-kristen-wiig-kate-mckinnon-weekend-box-office-preview-the-infiltrator-bryan-cranston-1201785316/
>opening-weekend projections for Ghostbusters from $40M to $48M with a shot at $50M
just google "ghostbusters projections" and you'll see tons of similar results

Second highest grossing movie on the list

>Flopped

This really is the lowest IQ board on Sup Forums.

you're not very bright.

hint: the other movies didn't come out the same week.

It got beat by a second-week movie, which is bad when you're investing blockbuster money.

The low I.Q. was a nice touch. It got me to reapond.

Are you literally below an iq of 70?

Fact that it is second despite just being released, shows its anything but a flop.

YOU FUCKING IDIOT.

You're saying a movie released 2 days hasnt made as much money as a movie released 2 weeks?

How low does this board IQ go?

>Fact that it is second despite just being released
...again, against other movies that didn't come out the same week.

It's a flop because it has a 144 million dollar budget and will never make that amount after such a poor opening. Not to mention the marketing and merchandise budget that went to shit because the products were in clearance from stores weeks before the movie even came out.

>You're saying a movie released 2 days hasnt made as much money as a movie released 2 weeks?

Oh man, you can't even read the chart right. This is brilliant.

>We did it
Don't lump us in with you, dumb insecure beta shit. I don't give a shit about this movie, success or fail. It's just another forgettable link in the long Hollywood chain of mediocre shit. The fact that you're so thin-skinned you can't handle the nonsense twitter criticism of a handful of irrelevant female nobodies is the saddest thing of all.

>being this mad

kek

Its only out for the weekend what did you expect faggot?

Its already made more money than projected

Nope. I know the guy who still gets royalties for Tarzan.

Reminder to hide/ignore all SJW bait posts

>Its already made more money than projected
So if I project that a 200 million dollar movie will make 4 bucks off little Timmy's wallet does that mean it's not a flop?

Honey, Sony themselves admitted that it was going to flop when they released their projections. They realized them riding on the feminist bandwagon backfired spectacularly.

>144 million dollar budget and will never make that amount after such a poor opening
Much more troubling when you consider the massive marketing budget isn't factored in on that figure.

This is pretty much dead. They'll never get the funding for a sequel.

holy shit even the hollywood jews are getting jewed

Why would you project 4 dollars against 200 million. Has living in your mothers basement made you mentally ill?

40 million is respectable and it will make more

>There's still did/blu Ray/ digital download pic gases to account for
cause those are so hot nowadays right? especially for a movie that's getting overwhelming dislike by the world?

I expect it to make more money than a movie that was released a week ago.

PROTIP: OP just shows the WEEKEND GROSS, not the total. Moron.

t. Totally normal person

>Its already made more money than projected

The Sony spin is strong in you user.

>selling the second toy piece by piece

wew lad

It literally shows the total gross right there you fucking idiot.

Against a 144 million budget? No, movies don't make 4 times their opening week's revenue unless it's unknown and becomes a rare sleeper hit. Ghostbusters 2016 is anything but a sleeper. China also won't screen the movie so it's screwed through and through.

how else are they gonna sell those useless mc toys when everyone wants the rowan ghost

>No, movies don't make 4 times their opening week's revenue

Pets is in the same fucking list and literally makes 4x its opening weekend you fucking shit

We've literally been talking about weekend gross the entire thread, you fucking half-wit.

But that is irrelevant user when the opening gross is similar to pets and there is no conclusion of it flopping without a total gross. You're talking out of your ass you mongloid animal filth.

Perhaps there still is justice in this world.

Read again, 50 million is not its opening weekend, hell it only came out 1 week ago.

>Friday estimates have come in and Ghostbusters is right on track to match Mojo's expectations with an estimated $17.2 million Friday, pushing toward a weekend right around $46 million. While these aren't exactly blockbuster numbers given the film's $144 million production budget, they aren't exactly dire numbers either as director Paul Feig's films tend to deliver solid multipliers. In fact, the film's "B+" CinemaScore matches the CinemaScore for both Spy and Bridesmaids and is just below The Heat's "A-" and all three enjoyed solid legs. Ghostbusters is looking to deliver Feig's largest opening of all-time and the same goes for star Melissa McCarthy.

Why do you want it to flop user?

The opening gross is less than Pets, which is in its second week and has had its revenue cut in half. Ghostbusters will see a similar or worse fall-off. It also has a budget twice that of Pets. It's a fucking flop and you're an idiot. End of line.

Read this faggot
Feig makes money like Sandler.

This is his most profitable movie yet

Most forgettable movie yet.

>This is his most profitable movie yet

It didn't make any profit yet and based on current numbers, it looks like it will barely break even.

>all of these pathetic shills damage controlling

Face it, your movie sucks. Feminism is a joke. Kill yourselves.

Which doesn't mean much considering Ghostbusters is a summer blockbuster, and his past projects weren't even close to this size. Beating Bridesmaids, The Heat, and Spy aren't his measuring sticks. Beating Secret Life of Pets this week, and staying relevant the next week are, and he's going to fail both spectacularly.

Historically, summer blockbusters have been very front loaded, and with the entrance of Star Trek and Ice Age next week, Feig is on suicide watch.

>Be sophomore accounting major
>Look at this pic

I'm way over my head.

No it isn't, you retard.
>Spy - $65 million budget
>The Heat - $43 million budget
>Bridesmaids - $32.5 million budget
>Ghostbusters - $144 MILLION BUDGET
It doesn't matter that Ghostbusters had a bigger opening than the rest of his films because the rest of his films are significantly smaller than Ghostbusters.

>fat virgins/tumblr caring THIS much about a shitty movie as though its outcome deciphered the fate of the world
Jesus fuckig christ.

How can a fully animated movie like Pets have half the budget of an extended SNL sketch?

We'll see yet, Feig already said below 500 million is mostly a failure.

Opening weekend wasn't so great for an average to poor remake of a classic sci-fi/comedy with a hostile ad campaign towards the main consumer demographic of sci-fi/comedies? Wow, who knew?

Paul Feig himself said the movie needs to make AT LEAST $500 million to be considered a success and a $46 million opening confirms that it won't make that much money. It's over, your shilling isn't going to change anything.

I haven't checked yet...how many of the RT reviews bring up the controversy as a main point and/or are written by staunch liberal bloggers?

Sony was *tracking* it to go that way, but their projections were probably more like $100m+.

If it puts so much as a dent in the shitty remake of nostalgia properties trend, It'll be a huge victory for movie goers, so it's worth to be happy about it.

Sup Forums was finally right for once, good job faggots.

Sup Forums was right count: 1
Sup Forums BTFO count: 762,012,843,800,723,651,988,620,672,002,638,734,221,084,114,672,299,566,344,218

Most of the positive reviews felt like they were written the day the all female Ghostbusters was announced. They'd either ignore the film itself and rate it based on its progressive narrative, or talk shit about the film and still give it a positive review.

Just leave Amy. It's over. You lost.

Literally who?

The woman responsible for this whole mess.

>HAHAHAHA no, no studio is projecting that low, specially with a franchaise like ghostbusters

Of course they do m8, the official projection is as low as they can go so they can be "pleasantly surprised" at higher numbers.

In the world of finance the words BELOW EXPECTATIONS is poison so they find any way to rig a situation to be an improvement.

>Sup Forums thinks this movie will fail

THE FOREIGN PLEBS DID IT!

>We did it, Sup Forums!

>but their projections were probably more like $100m+
total. not for one weekend you retard.

All the people who did stuff like this did it this weekend. They won't be coming back.