Honest question...

Honest question, do you guys think humans will ever stop destroying our own planet to move on to terraforming planets with similar atmospheres, or are humans really from a planet like Mars and we left it a wasteland before we got to Earth and we will just keep finding planets to ruin while destroying our history?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iXNmj-JmrR8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

didn't read any of it, but you're a fag OP

Seconded

>wants an intellectual discussion
>Sup Forums board

I feel like we'd be more likely to turn another planet into a gas station than we are to colonize it. Humans are a shitty species that deserves to be wiped from the face of the Earth.

>complaining about your issues with Sup Forums to Sup Forums
It's okay, you'll get it some day

This is true. Humans cuckold everything they get a hold of like a bunch of retarded faggots

Sorry to hear about your negroism that disallows you to comprehend reading

If we're playing spot the autist you lost

Humans didn't come from another planet, we came here by the hand of God, and we will never leave Earth because all there is beyond the sky is Heaven.

Don't be retarded

I think its fairly likely that we will kill ourselves off, either through nuclear war, fucking up the environment to the point where it can't sustain us, or getting killed by some fluke of nature like a solar flare or meteor hitting the planet.

I doubt that humans will ever get to the sci-fi kind of space travel. Faster than light stuff is basically impossible, barring some MASSIVE discovery in science which has a minuscule chance of existing.

The best we could hope for, in regards to interstellar travel, would be by perfecting cryogenics and AI, then building AI controlled Ark ships to transport cryogenically frozen humans for the thousands or millions of years it would take to reach another star or planet. We'd have to solve the problem of fluid crystallization to freeze people without killing them, and then develop an advanced enough AI that could detect problems in the ship and fix them before the thing shuts down.

Even then the ship would probably have some sort of disaster befall it before it reached its destination.

I am otherkin and I don't have to put up with your shitty human attitude

Nice dubs but you're still a mongloid

What if humans become heads in jars that can preserve their minds for entire millennia?

not the fag that posted

Who the fuck are you Mr little dick clairvoyant

Bet you dont even know what autism and put your google bar away

It still will be easier to just clean up the mess, to change the atmosphere, find habitable zones, use gas masks/protection, or otherwise clean up our mess rather than the very expensive and impractical task of moving everyone to another planet.

second autist spotted

man scrolling down the was this half second taht I thought this was a bald man with some terrible skin diseas.

> Honest question, do you guys think humans will ever stop destroying our own planet
Yes

> to move on to terraforming planets with similar atmospheres
Yes

> or are humans really from a planet like Mars and we left it a wasteland before we got to Earth and we will just keep finding planets to ruin while destroying our history?
No, simple cosmology combined with statistical probabilities of evolution makes it extremely improbable that humans could evolve sooner than we did.

well, if our version of freedom is revolutions

revolution = an instance of revolving.

so this has all happened before, its just a vicious cycle and when mother earth decides to swallow us up, it will be survival of the cleverest and most intuitive

CIS cunt detected,

go ask you mum what it means bitch

>Have put some thought into the subject and my reply
>For this, I am a mongloid

Whatever you say, guy.

no.

you're new here aren't you?

Yeah you are

haha that wasnt even me! and no

you think your clever calling people autistic, thats autistic in itself pussy

third autist

what

fuck no we will all be dead by gamma ray bursts long before they figure out how to get off this rock

Fourth autist

we cannot move on to another planet, the cost of such a journey is too prohibitive. relativity and laws of physics, chemistry and biology prevent it. we either make it here or nowhere. we can send unmanned probes, and send DNA samples or DNA sequences into the universe, for other races to recreate our life forms with. but we are stuck on earth, and will have outposts on mars and moon, for shits and giggles, and may one day terraform mars to support minimal life, or life not like ours. we didnt come from another planet. our dna matches with all other forms too closely, and life is baked into earth from billions of years ago, with no huge breaks in form/structure. we wont destroy earth, but may make changes too big for our civilization to endure. we need a very stable supportive environment for civilization, we need lots of minerals, clean air/water, moderate temps, and all our tech and other knowledge.

thinking person detected. exterminate per Sup Forums guidelines. EXTERMINATE

get a life retard, im the same guy inbred

KEK

have you seen that independent rocket that hit an "unseen" barrier

youtube.com/watch?v=iXNmj-JmrR8

Yeah this is my selection. The actual problem is our delicate meat sacks, there's no need to teraform shit if we can move our minds into more robust and energy efficient enclosures.

same fag, fuck flat earth... its round

>will we ever stop destroying our planet
If we can come up with technology that traps the CO2 before it enters the atmosphere, then it would be more likely that we'd avoid catastrophe. Although, we need to do it asap because we're not going to make the switch to clean energy anytime soon -- just too much $ invested in fossil fuels. As for other forms of pollution, it's a slightly less dire situation, but I can't imagine the human race lasting another 500 years at an exponential rate of consumption.

Of course this isn't even taking into consideration nuclear war, asteroids etc.

>or are humans from another planet
Uh no, I don't think that... because we're not.

As for colonizing another planet, I tend to agree with arguments along these lines

Nope. We are long over due for a cataclysmic event. Hopefully we dont go out like the dinos. Too easy. Hopefully yellow stone will erupt and we will all burn. Ya... thats the dream

I forgot to add the the dubious possibility that we could be living in a computer simulation within a simulation within a simulation within a simulation within a simulation...

Some fairly notable physicists and philosophers seem to think this is a distinct possibility, and that since colonizing another planet is unlikely, we chose to create a simulated universe in order to preserve the "species" -- pretty much The Matrix without all the A.I. gone berserk.

there is a thing known as the great filter

if the great filter is ahead of us we are fucked, if its behind us - we are alone

we will destroy ourselves before we destroy the planet.

human beings are not destroying the world.
>animals do not destroy the world
>???
by the hand of god? any idea how ridiculous this sounds?
>have you seen this hand of god? or are you going with blind faith?
your life is cut short becuase you are being poisoned. purify yourself and you can live forever.
>aliens/alien technology
money is worthless paper
you sound like someone who profits from co2 pollution.

>profit

>money is worthless paper
>you sound like someone who profits from co2 pollution.
wut

No, I'm just pessimistic about the future of environmental protection. But you literally sound insane, so if your response sounds as nutty, don't expect a response.

smeg head

>almost quints
see how Sup Forums jesus has failed you?

Im just saying that your belief in money itself is the problem.
will the world end if there is no money?