Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Shit like all nigger raps

I like Ready to Die more.

Go away, nerd.

2 emcees with mad dough, junior
>uhh

Overrated, nowehere near as good as Ready To Die. Too much fucking pop.

Biggie and Tu pac most overrated and whack rappers of all time

>Overrated
I don't think anyone like it as much as RTD, man.

What do you think about the pop being offset by a lot of darker tracks?

literally twice as good as Ready to Die
Ready to Die is garbage, i don't know why anyone likes that album

Pretty solid. Puff daddy should've fucked off with the pop beats though, probably banged in the clubs then but now it interrupts the otherwise immersive grittiness of the rest of the tracks

Lots of good street stuff still, kick in the door and 10 crack commandments are classics

if you like the gangster side of the album listen to smif-n-wessun debut

>kick in the door and 10 crack commandments are classics
Premier

holy fucking digits

Premo's still the GOAT, 20 years later.

name ones that aren't

Premo is good, beatminerz is better for that 90s NY shit.

Still, premo did the right choice when he disregarded biggie's disrespect and produced projects for jeru the damaja

I think it's not enough to make the album interesting. I'll listen to a few tracks from it here and there, but that's it, there are so many rap albums that are far more interesting from start to beginning than even LAF's sparse highlights. 10 Crack Commandments barely qualifies as rap or music, it's more like some spoken curiosa.

Insanely overrated due to the circumstances of it's release, I'm going 2b(completely)h senpai. A few truly classic songs surrounded by a bunch of totally forgettable filler.

Home come there's this growing contrarianism towards pac being one of the greats?

His usage of various syllables in lines is perfect. He fits it like a glove in each line, constantly switches up flows and rhyme schemes but intertwines them so it all seems natural, and is using words that hit hard. Using a thesaurus ain't what lyricism is. Complexity counts too, but in a deeper and more analytical and poetic way than just using bigger words. People gotta realize that not only that, 2pac was a hard ass rapper. He'd rhyme with the same pattern like 5 times in 2 bars but the ending word of the 2 bars would be different and would rhyme with each other. It's insane. I don't understand how people keep sleepin' on him lyrically; he's mad talented. People sleep on him mainly because of his most well known songs being Changes and California Love and stuff off All Eyez on me.

Have some verses

pretty sure after Preemo produced kick in the door, Jeru pretty much dropped Preem. Not a smart move, but by 97, his career wasnt going anywhere

Can you picture my prophecy?
Stress in the city, the cops is on top of me
The projects is full of bullets
Though bodies is droppin' there ain't no stoppin' me
Constantly movin' while makin' millions
Witnessin' killings
Leavin' dead bodies in abandoned buildings
Can't reach the children, 'cause they're illin'
Addicted to killin' and the appeal from the cap peelin'
Without feelin', but will they last or be blasted?
Hard-headed bastard
Maybe he'll listen in his casket; the aftermath
More bodies bein' buried, I'm losin' my homies in a hurry
They're relocatin' to the cemetery
Got me worried, stressin', my vision's blurry
The question is will I live? No one in the world loves me
I'm headed for danger, don't trust strangers
Put one in the chamber whenever I'm feelin' this anger
Don't wanna make excuses
'Cause this is how it is; what's the use?
Unless we're shootin', no one notices the youth

Suppose you're right, but we at least got two real good premier+jeru albums before then

Contrarianism usually grows in proportion to someone's legacy. I love me some 2Pac now and then, but if you're the kind of person who reads and cares about youtube comments I imagine it's easy to slip into contrarianism, because some of his fans take it a bit too far.

True. I mean, I ripped the bulk of that comment from a hiphop DX vid comment but I felt it makes a lot of valid points so why not.

People seem to downplay how impressive pac was at the time. Personally though I'm not a huge fan, and I think pac never made a particularly consistent/good album. But I do think it's worth asking why he's so many other rappers favourite rapper, why he became such an icon, why people like Dre would throw beat after beat to him instead of anyone else. He was more than just the one-dimensional thug-meme rapper people are starting to portray him as.

>I think pac never made a particularly consistent/good album

Not a fan of "Me against the World" ?

I think it's good but I can't put it up with the 'classic' hiphop albums that consistently make top hiphop album ever lists

They probably just do a youtube search for him and come up with California Love and Hit Em Up and figure that's what he was about, if they even listen to him at all. It's getting hard to tell the idiots from the contrarians and the contrarians from the Sup Forumsluters.
Plenty of good tracks, but not a particularly strong album. I mean, it doesn't get better if you listen to the whole album back to back. There's no structure, and little variation.

I suppose you're right. Seems none of them are here to argue the "pac is overrated" thing further