Our favorite reviewer comments the """flop"""

Our favorite reviewer comments the """flop""".

archive.is/cZtbW

>It’s the third-biggest live-action opening of the summer behind X-Men: Apocalypse and Captain America: Civil War.

>It had a decent 2.67x weekend multiplier, just a touch below The Heat and Spy. The kids showed up yesterday and (presumably) today.

>Even Sony’s Pixels pulled a 3.25x weekend-to-final multiplier ($78 million/$24m) which would give Ghostbusters a robust $152m cume.

>The problem is that overseas prospects are highly uncertain. Comedy doesn’t always travel, especially female-driven comedies.

>In terms of profitability, this film almost has to play like Lucy. It opened two Julys ago with a rousing $43.9 million. It earned $126m U.S. but then took off overseas for a $463m global cume.

Holy shit Reddit fuck off with your ghostbusters obsession

I'm not from reddit, I'm from Sup Forums

Same thing. Fuck of

And the box office will drop harder than BvS did

Figures

Sup Forums has the Ghostbusters obsession.

Yeah, these "multipliers" and "social awareness numbers" on social media mean absolutely dick in the end. I swear they get paid by the word for these articles.

Is Scott Mendelson our guy?

Nice projection reddit

>It had a decent 2.67x weekend multiplier

Sup Forums was busy discussing the truck of peace, Trump picking a neocon VP, the Turkish attempted coup and the purge that followed to care about Ghostbusters too much this weekend.

I swear to god if Trump somehow wins and gets assassinated and we have a neocon president again I'm going to kill myself.

I would rather post in a Sup Forums thread than in a normie thread as the cucks on Sup Forums have been doing for almost a full day now.

>not thinking trump will become a neocon in the first few months just to deal with congress

t. 2014+ redditor that thinks hes Sup Forums or even 4chen

We know bad word of mouth kills any 'legs' though - and the audience/top critic scores on RT are middling (a little over 50% for both). Bet it'll drop off big 2nd weekend.

The thing I hated most about the movie was that they fully embraced the misogynist-baiting with the marketing. In other words they promoted it using negativity and threats - and they deserve to fail spectacularly for that alone.

So far it has made 17 million.
46 million are the over optimistic projections for the whole weekend.

But since Sony doesn't release numbers we can only speculate

For you

empty cinemas around the globe