Why is she even famous?

I don't get it.

Because she's talented.

Because anybody can be famous

because of south park

because lorde lorde lorde, she is lorde

Is she though?

She was famous before that.

Makes catchy, easy to listen songs about fairly relateble topics. Not a lot to understand here, user, not everyone can enjoy swans.

lol, no

she's hot af but a sjw so meh

she does her makeup in somebody elses car she orders different drinks from the same bars shes never seen a diamond in the flesh she cuts her teeth on wedding rings in the movies et al ie eg etc

she was literally who before south park

Because the record company decided she should be famous so they pay more royalties to radio stations and TV to play her music. They even virally marketed Royas here of all places (inb4 tits and the kitchen).

South Park was the last I heard of her for a while.

she was definitely famous before south park, were you living in a fucking cave before that episode? why do you think south park even bothered to parody her?

she was an up-and-coming kiwi tart fueled by memes, and south park was what gave her international exposure

no. what the fuck. you guys are overestimating south park's influence. she was already established before south park.

established in her homeland perhaps. by no means famous or a household name until south park brought her into the spotlight

>SHILL THREAD

False.
The dude from Napster was the one who made her popular putting her on his Spotify public playlist. By the time she appeared on SP she had already sang at the Grammys, sold millions of records and ended her Heroin album cycle. You dumb motherfucker

no not just in her homeland, she was getting a lot of international buzz and was a music media darling every since Pure Heroine came out in 2013. She first appeared in South Park a year later. I remember this time very well.

I don't think you're very familiar with South Park. They only parody the most famous topical shit, they're not going to bother with an obscure singer from New Zealand. If anything she helped South Park gain viewers from being parodied, not the other way around.

(same user) also she was already no. 1 on Spotify worldwide and friends with Bowie. She was actually huge in America and not that big in NZ by that time.

Is she the queen of Sup Forums?

Or does that title belong to Grimes?

if you check lorde on google trends she didn't get any sort of attention until the south park episodes, and spotify is full of literally whos, you wouldn't see your average joe know who lorde was until the parody happened, until then you had to be paying attention to public playlists and the music blogosphere to even know who she was ≠ famous

what the literal fuck is wrong with you with this asinine shit? are you just baiting?

yeah i was just baiting, sorry dude

>she's hot af
uhhhh

One hit wonder. Everything other than Royals was her people struggling to keep her relevant.

I hate to break this to you but nobody watches fucking South Park anymore

what does that have to do with anything? those came out in 2014 lol
also see

Because Lana Del Rey was too weird for the normies so they retooled