Tarzan will outgross both Independence Day and Ghostbusters

Although it's budget isn't going to really make it a complete success, Tarzan is having a decent run. Who the fuck would have thought a fucking Tarzan movie will outgross both an Independence Day and Ghostbusters sequel?

Are people finally giving up on sequels/remakes? This at least seemed sort of freshed, though not my taste.

millenial nostalgia for the Disney toon

Girls can't resist the stor svensk kuk.

Tarzan has lowest common denominator attraction and people haven't heard that it's shit.

Only lone wierdos and girls will watch Ghostbusters. Independence Day didn't have Will Smith to bolster it.

If I'm completely honest, it's probably mostly people thinking it's like Jungle Book, a live action version of the Disney film.

Between this and BvS, I'm pleased that WB is intent on giving prime man-candy for viewing pleasure.

ID4's marketing took a wrong turn after the March trailer. It lost all momentum, and then the movie was weird as fuck and did not connect with audiences.

Tarzan has that old-school Saturday matinee feel, it's accurate to the books and IMO better than The Jungle Book. The trailers made it seem a lot colder than it is. The chinks will probably eat it up, it's the kind of fun they're looking for.

SWEDEN YES!!!!

They got criticized for too much masculinity in BvS.

Jesus christ

>that budget

still a bomb

Dat roid gut tho

why is he so fucking defined

No one outside of the US cares about Independance Day.
Ghostbusters has an entirely new target audience.

Tarzan on the other hand is loved all over.

Never in my life have I seen a nation cuck itself with the single-minded determindness that Sweden has shown.

Where did the fucking money go? Does WB even know what it's doing anymore?

roids

>main characters are both heterosexual white people
THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

It's a white man charging through bongo bongo land like he's king of the jungle

It's every colonialist's white dream (pun intended)

how (and why) does he shave

Nostaliga for the Disney film. Same will happen with Universal's Little Mermaid.

>Bomb
It'll be a write-off because of it's budget, but it'll be a significantly smaller write-off than anyone expected pre-release. If home sales are good they may even make a minor profit from it.

WB's been having a good year. With Central Intelligence, Me Before You, Conjuring and this landing softer than expected, they're having a really good summer. Looks like once Suicide Squad hits, that'll turn into a great summer.

Reblogged

I think Alexander knew they just wanted to see him half-naked and named his price and the absolute mad-men actually paid it.

Congrats Brendan

Meh. They are all around the middling $40 mil mark. They all under performed.

It's just sad that a franchise like Ghostbusters would end up so shitty. I think even with this cast they could have done a great job with a better writer and director. Shitting all over the prior fanbase with a reboot didn't help.

>Independence Day didn't have Will Smith to bolster it.
is he even a draw anymore? guess we will find out next month

>yfw more women went to see a shirtless SkarsgÄrd than they did to see the movie that would allegedly determine society's stance on feminism