ITT: Albums that are dark because of the back story, more than the music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

tell me about it

Bowie was in a state of extreme paranoia and psychosis when making this record. I don't know, some of the repetitive and soft instrumentals and his lyrics seem kind of eerie knowing that about him during the making

>You will never move to Los Angeles with Iggy Pop, live exclusively off of cocaine and milk, and become an ironic nazi who is hunted by semen demons all while writing the best album of your 50 year long career
Why even bother lads

dude lived off only cocaine, milk, and peppers for like a year. not kidding.

whoops, didn't update the thread before I posted about the coke diet too.

There isnt any dark backstory behind that, he was just on tons of cokcaine at the time.

he says he barely remembers anything about actually making the album

cocaine more like he was snorting the COCKaine amirite

how is that even possible?

jesus christ

Eh, I remember something about him being convinced he was being chased by witches who were trying to drain his bodily fluids, which is pretty spooky

wasn't he getting fucked in the ass by iggy around this time?

probably
the milk he was living off of is code word for semen

Pictured: two whores
Behind the camera: at least three other whores

protein

very spicey

tasty

milk and peppers are like staples in everyone's life

It's WAY exaggerated how dark this is because of IC's suicide. This album is hardly depressive, maybe anxious and cold in a few tracks (like the last one) but that's it.

He's always been super skinny and doesn't seem like he eats much. Coke just made that worst.

The Fragile, I got two choices: Make music or commit suicide.

youtube.com/watch?v=rIsAazPVnFQ

;_;

Perhaps the only metal album that was as edgy as it sounds

It's pretty dark but not really in a depressing way, more like drugged-out nihilism