Recieved my 2Tb HDD today

>Recieved my 2Tb HDD today
I'm concerned about the packaging
>some users stated that the shipping conditions are terrible
>using dhl amazon prime shipping in germany if that helps
>2TB FireCuda 3.5"

is this kind of packaging okay?
may I consider sending it back?
Which programs would Sup Forums use to check the disc?

Other urls found in this thread:

ccm.net/faq/34956-hdat2-test-and-repair-your-hdd
hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/
de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landezone_(Festplatte)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ask Sup Forums

Nothing else was in there

is the disk in bubble wrap inside that package?

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

refused to answer

No, just as seen in there and the following pic

If someone threw the package its very likely its damaged.

Bumping with ass

That's exactly how to not ship a HDd.

>not having ssd's only in 2017
youre autistic.

How can I check for that

Put it in a PC and run the Seagate SeaTools in order to check the drive health, do a long test it may take a while but it will give a good picture of the health of the drive

I'm extending my storage
The main partition is a 1tb ssd

Großer SMART-Test, und dann hoffen.

Trying that one, thanks user
Enjoy OC tits

Daumen drücken...

MHDD and HDAT2 - both on Hiren's CD.

Googling that stuff later

this is a pretty good one: install pirated EaseUS Partition Master 10.5 Technican Edition, select disk and right click for menu, choose Test Disk. does a surface scan which takes about 1/2 minute per gig

>1/2 minute per gig
This is pretty fast considering a 2 TB disc

Trust me - both programs can detect and sometimes fix errors and delays by scanning and testing sector by sector. Much better and more reliable than SeaTools. Scanning whole 2TB hardrive will take ages regardless the program you use.

Thanks for the advice Sup Forums!
Gonna write my stuff now

Found a dedicated website for hdat2
(Dot com...)
Which one should I download for an adequate test

5.3 date 11.12.2016 ISO 12.6MB. Burn CD. Boot. ccm.net/faq/34956-hdat2-test-and-repair-your-hdd Dont use AHCI mode, HDAT2 quite often fails to detect HDD in other mode than IDE.

pleb tier packaging. it may run for a few months, just long enough that you can't replace it anymore.
send it back, get refund, leave bad review about the packaging.

This will help me, thanks user!

No problem but cover your fat ass, please.
Dont forget about MHDD - hddguru.com/software/2005.10.02-MHDD/

Thankfully not my ass
Will do!
/thread

Well stupid question but i used to avoid the SSD like the plague because they only lasted for two years top and i felt that it was to unrealiable for a storage. Did things change?.

I use traditional HDD for storage, preferably Western Digital, I avoid HGST, Toshiba, Seagate. The only one SSD I us in my personal laptop is some 120GB cheap Samsung EVO. After two years it has 4,3TB written. No signs of wearing. I have Samsung Magician installed.

That's how I handle my data

I also preferred Western Digital for both internal and external storage, but WD has ridicously high prices: a WD black 6TB costs 310€ here, so when I had to expand my storage I opted for a Seagate Ironwolf 8 TB, which I paid 240€ on Amazon. Honestly, it's really fast, about 220 MB both in write and read speed. Also, being a server/NAS grade HDD i hope it doesn't suffer from classical Seagate failures.

I'm producing mich data with my youtube vids so I need some drives for a safe storage (as a backup) and on the other hand a drive which will be under high use while recording

Well, the Seagate Ironwolf seems like a good solution. Relatively inexpensive, for 600€ (at about 300€ per HDD, actual price) you can get 16TB (2x8TB) worth of storage and a parity drive for a backup.

That is 37,5€ per TB
Actiually pretty good

SSD's offer faster read/write but have nowhere near the capacity options.

I would claim that an SSD is good to have alongside HDD's, but only putting windows and your most used programs on it.

bait

Google models used for CCTV recorders - 10000rpm, efficient in simultaneous writing and reading, heat proof.

You what?

OP here
gonna send that package back - demanding an other disc with proper packaging

If it's not DoA they may ask SeaTools report or finish code to include with your claim or RMA.

As I just recieved it today I don't even need to tell them why I'm retouring the product
>gerfags with pretty okay consumer protection

It's working or not? If it's working you have to motivate your return. Try doing a simple S.M.A.R.T. check. Type into cmd:
wmic

diskdrive get status

and see if it gives any anomaly.

post more. :-)

Ich würde auf jeden Fall mal Fotos davon machen. Und bei DHL einen Transportschaden anmelden DHL prüft dann ob die Verpackung angemessen war. Die stellen dann fest, alles okay, liegt nicht an DHL. Dann kannst Du (auch) noch an AMazon gehen. Ich würde aber bezüglich des Gesundheitszustandes NUR das Seagate-Tool verwenden. Zumal ich vermute das nichts bei raus kommt, da die Platte zum Zietpunkt des Transportes Aus (und in Parkposition) war. -->de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landezone_(Festplatte)

>you have to motivate your return
see and I think that this user is right
The damaging might be not visible right now

Next time try buying from Amazon itself (sold and shipped by Amazon), usually they have really good packaging, i bought a Seagate Ironwolf 8TB from Amazon itself and it came from Germany, the packaging was excellent.

über dasc mit der Parkposition habe ich mich schlau gemacht - es kann gut sein, dass an der Platte kein Schaden entstanden ist.

Auf Amazon wird mit angepriesen, Feedback zur Verpackung zu geben
>wenn die wüssten

ich schreibe:
Die verwendete Verpackung bietet absolut keinen Schutz vor Stößen und Vibration während des Transportes und kann die Platte daher nachhaltig schädigen. Dies ist für mich auch ein eindeutiger Rücksendegrund. Ich habe mich zu dieser Verpackung sachkundig beraten lassen und mir wurde bei der Fahrlässigkeit im Umgang mit sensiblen elektronischen Geräten bestätigt, dass der Schutz höchst unzureichend ist.

Jedoch am Überlegen, ob ich das so schreiben will und die Arbeit mit dem Rücksenden in Kauf nehme.

>inb4 Sup Forums als sachkundiger Berater
kek

The vendor was Seagate itself... kek
Used Amazon Prime shipping

frankly they warned for the bad packaging in the comments and review section alot

Hey Du kannst gut schreiben. Werde Autor :-)

Wenn das Seagate-Tool grünes Licht gibt würde ich mir keine Sorgen machen. In 12 Monaten und in 22 machst Du noch mal einen Check. Dann kannst Du ggf. eine neue auf Gewährleistunge bekommen.

Bekomme ich nochmal Titen zu sehen? Mein Schwanz mag das....

>shipping in germany

>Hey Du kannst gut schreiben. Werde Autor :-)
Danke, ich schreibe auch gerne Texte, sollte auch öfters mal etwas veröffentlichen ;)
>alles Kurzgeschichten

>Wenn das Seagate-Tool grünes Licht gibt würde ich mir keine Sorgen machen.
hört sich gut an - den Plan werde ich auch verfolgen und ändere des Text demnach nochmal leicht ab

>Bekomme ich nochmal Titen zu sehen?
ich schau mal, was sich finden lässt - ist die Ex

Weird. Mine was really well packaged, it had an external box, just like yours, then it had bubble role, then another box made to hold the HDD really tight.

>then it had bubble role, then another box made to hold the HDD really tight.
would wish that

there you go