Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=on4k_pQW5N0
youtube.com/watch?v=1kaMiIaT-sg
imightgotothebeach.com/92-jack-senff-from-boy-rexknolawilliam-bonney
counterintuitiverecords.com/products/565666-plainclothes-dog-logic-10
m.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNuYqqByBI
youtube.com/watch?v=1o9yy6MTi_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I hope so. Shit was annoyingly popular in every US major city's music scene. It even made me miss generic Strokes/Yeah Yeah Yeahs/Killers-esque post-punk.

nah but almost

youtube.com/watch?v=on4k_pQW5N0
youtube.com/watch?v=1kaMiIaT-sg

implying sorority noise is emo

What are they then?

pretty much
it's for the best really, how long can a revival go on?
>some kind of cadwallader is 11 years old
like come on it had to die eventually
now we sit and wait for the fifth wave
i do miss /emoe/ though

I'm not the other guy, and I do consider them emo, but it's way more pop-punk and obviously revivalist-emo (not that all of that is pop-punk).

pop punk with math rock vibes

This, I miss emoe but it will be some time before something really great comes out.

I don't like remo drive, but the new sorority noise is pretty good

Yea it's been dead in Philly, the scenes most important city, since 2014

What is the average age of someone that plays emo? 15-16?

i am 23

i wouldn't imagine someone making the music to still be in high school, probably just barely out of it.

people who are now 23 who havent grown out of the shit they liked when they were tweens.

>tfw no emotional hardcore revival

When I was in a post-hardcore/emo band in 2010 I was 17. But most bands are (were) 16-17 or 20-22, and are distinctly different in sound and demeanor. The younger bands are pure and honesty but the composition is basic, the older bands write the "better" songs but are more focused on being something instead of doing it as emotional release.
Now there's this weird thing where some of the bands are actually staying together long enough that they reach thier mid or late 20s. They're pretty wack and hate DIY.

I'm 21 an I listen to emo because it contains feelings I've never felt due to a sheltered life in a desert.
help I cant stop listening to emo

I've been listening to emo music since I was 12. 20 now.
You fuckers can't make me grow out of this shit. Emo music is a part of me.

i wont force you but just know you are joke to serious music listeners and i cringe thinking about people like you

Tell all the English boys you meet this band sucks.

>serious music listeners
it's fucking music dude what the fuck do you think this is
i am seriously laughing at your life right now

>tfw no cute emo gf (male)

I seldom meet English boys and I like Sorority Noise .

But nice Brand New reference

the revival shit was garbage anyway. Most never had the same amount of heart that the first wave emo bands had

>serious music
L o L

>revival bands
>Brave Little Abacus
>no heart
bullshit

>go to hotelier concert with friend
>qt girl is there alone
>ask if she wanna hang with us
>watch hotelier with her
>after they finish end up in a conversation with I love Your Lifestyle singer who was standing behind me
>drunk so forget about time
>when I'm done talking to him go back to friend
>where's qt?
>she died
nah but she had left her dad drove her home

>serious music listeners

You're the joke, user

im 20 and i think emo is pretty dope
i was into standard pop punk stuff when i was a teen and went into ACTUAL emotive hardcore late teens, some of it just like digs under your ribs dude

Empire Empire slept on my living room floor back in 2011 when they were on tour. They played my friends basement earlier that night. Keith was the coolest most soft-spoken dude I ever met. Him and another guy and the friend who hosted the show and I all played Mario party the next morning. Rip diy.

It sounds like a shitty over produced rehash of Deja Entendu.

Rude!

Has anyone listened to this? I just found it.

imightgotothebeach.com/92-jack-senff-from-boy-rexknolawilliam-bonney

Real talk. I mean it's not terrible, but they may as well do a rap shout out for how much they stole.

I haven't, but will now that you sent it. Thanks, man.

Jesus I wouldn't want to be you.

comfy reminds me of seahaven

nah, 93FEETOFSMOKE is going at it, more emo than ever, doe I prefer his harder older stuff

>17 minutes
>sounds alright
>look up the band
>they haven't made anything since
Every time.

Damn. I'm in the first song and fucking love this, and I'm very picky about emo and music in general

honestly It should stay dead, there really hasn't been any good emo recently

fuck that was funny

Fuck you Ethan

Fuck you gabe, you ass muncher

Uhl? Whoopass Girls were great tho

Not pure emo, but I've been digging this lately

but isnt brand new emo

all my brave little abacus boys... you liking this?

It's good. Adam was always more into a "rockist" sound as evidenced by his love for his father and for Tom Petty. It's not bad at all, but it's very Weezer-core if I could pin a name on it.
I think the negative reception was only because of how drastic of a change it was from the progressive math rock of Masked Dancers and the emotive experimental lo-fi rock of Discomfort, or the dancey sounds of the eps

If you like records, the label that sells this album has a damaged 12" in stock for $4.

counterintuitiverecords.com/products/565666-plainclothes-dog-logic-10

What years was it acceptable to listen to emo?

Until last year.

this desu 2015 was the last good year for emo

Lol if you're a normie maybe. The physical scene had moved on by mid 2014

Honestly it's just emo doesn't really connect with its audience today.

The trend lately seems to be people being far more interested in the world around them than themselves, which goes against emo in general. Teenagers just aren't as introspective, I feel, or at the least that's the vibe I get from my time in high school, plus what I've gotten from my sister.

Plus, emo got ridicularised constantly thanks to scene kids, at least in Brazil (I'm living in Austin now).

In addition, emo is mainly rock-inspired. I don't think we've had any rock bands that have had influence in the musical scenario as of the last few years. Thus, not many people are going to get into things like, say, Jimmy Eat World (which admittedly, is pretty entry level) or American Football.

>implying Mineral, Orchid, SDRE, etc are a joke

emo scene is garbage now all the bands have turned into boring indie/post rock bands with shitty lyrics and politics with shitty fans filled with drama willing to burn anyone at the stake

Hotelier and TWIABP are the last, best main bands

newer bands i like are remo drive, prince daddy & the hyena, sioux falls, just firends, and some others

all in all, the scene is garbage and everything is moving towards indie or other genres

>TWIABP
only had one decent album though

i agree that libcucks are ruining the scene. also nice taste on the just friends and remo drive.

Bands get doxxed all the time these days, especially with young and rabid fanbases such as emo and modern pop punk. It's ridiculous. These easycore guys had a song called "bros before hoes" apparently and there were people who were like "I'm not playing a show with these guys again, so mysogynistic"

I was in a midwest emo band and we were kicked off the bill because this band "Lunatique" said they won't play on bills that had bands with too many cis white males. I kid you not.

What the fuck I just found about Snowing this morning, this happens when I watch a movie and post on Sup Forums

>too many cis white males
man im not even conservative but holy fuck. sorry you had to deal with such cancer and im sure ur band is sick

This is the kind of stuff that made me quit the scene in 2014 and start making italo instead. It reached the point where the scene is its own virus. Actually it's in the process of imploding in Philly as we speak thank god.

>I ONLY KNOW-HO
>I ONLY KNOW-OH-OH ONE
>
>GAAAAAAAAAAAAME

mobo fags on suicide watch

I Live in Chicago suburbs, how good would a Suburban pop punk mixed with downtown garage rock fare?

AHAHAHA I HATE MODERN BASEBALL
They actually played a show with Marietta at a hall in North Jersey, my best friend used to host shows there. They were terrible from the very start and I could see it in thier eyes they were waiting for the perfect moment to sell out. Actually the real catalyst that made me leave the scene was the fact that most of the heavy hitters moved to Pittsburgh, and when Alex G broke into the mainstream indie scene and when all of my favorite bands including my best friend's broke up I decided it was time to move on. Diy is a young man's game and at 21 I was too old to stick around.

the first track is a gem and the others are solid. i don't think it's possible for adam dimirjian to top discomfort just because discomfort is, truly, the logical conclusion to the BLA sound. it won't be topped because it plays that particular game better than anything else ever will. so, regardless of whether or not he's found his footing yet, he was right to take a new direction.

more personally, dimirjian is a fucking genius and discomfort is a masterwork in storytelling, pacing, and structure, and the EPs indicate that he can write a goddamn catchy song. we haven't seen anything from him since this release, but he's now free to expand his emotional palette (which he's done here) and broaden his relatively narrow melodic vocabulary. i have high hopes for his next LP, whatever form it'll take, because I also feel like he's gotta be a hell of a perfectionist.

The acoustic ending really kills the energy, would be better to end on leave the Fan on, or just rearrange so A Portrait Of or something was the final track

When I saw Sorority Noise live they dropped in a bit of Mixtape to one of the songs, might have been cause I was wearing a Brand New tshirt. Spoke to Cameron afterwards and he seemed like a really nice guy and the brief interaction I had with the guitarist was pretty pleasant too.

I listened to Formlessness the other day, that record they put out which is Formlessness and Formlessness rerecorded is really quite sad just for how much better the first one sounded, The Hotelier's new album is really good with a couple misteps, the spoken word that opens it really should have just been Goodness Part 1 instead

Joie de vivre

>i only listen to serious music for serious listeners such as myself

What movie had snowinh in it?

>Mixtape in one of the song
Jealous mixtape is GOAT

I spoke to the Drummer Charlie Singer he was like the nicest dude ever

They fucked up Settle The Scar. Original is miles better

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QkNuYqqByBI

Also not Goodness part 1 in full cause that would get boring

kek. recommend me some of ur fav emo bands

im 18 and in an emo band with people from 20-24 years old.

emo is is fucking garbage it's for the same kind of people who self diagnose depression and anxiety

SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE I DONT FIT IN

Cap'n Jazz is the only emo band worth listening and actually has an artistic value beyond "pseudo-depressed teenager loser"core

It is for the feels, mate. I think it's a good ending.

look faggot, no one will ever be as good as cap'n jazz again, but that doesn't mean we can't jack off to their imitators

yeah, and it kinda makes me sad and angry at the same time

algernon cadwaller has some great songs though (spit fountain, motivational song, foggy mountain)

snowing has one good song (important things)

if you can recommend me imitators that come remotely close, i'd love to hear them

i love Prince Daddy & The Hyena. you're the first person i've seen mention them on here.

You messed up the word order there bub

>but Brand New isn't emo

>TWIABP
>Not injecting shitty politics into everything

Pick one

Yep, it's absurd. I'm starting a folk punk band, and that scene is pretty much the same as the emo scene. As a mostly conservative straight white male, I'm pretty sure I won't ever get booked anywhere

emo been dead, there is nowhere for the genre to go but that won't stop beta fags from the suburbs from fucking its corpse

Is this emo?
youtube.com/watch?v=1o9yy6MTi_A

I'm a pretty fucking liberal guy, but I do think that the identity politics is a little out of control. Like a few months ago on Twitter I saw some girl chewing out Branden Lukens for not touring with any female artist and him acting all apologetic about it. I'm not gonna argue that women are generally underrepresented in rock music, but if it's that much of a problem to you then maybe you should start a band yourself and be the change you wanna see. It's not like anyone's intentionally leaving out female artists they're just harder to come by.

Is there a good chart on recent emo?
(from the past 5 years orso)

Yep, and making it mandatory to book bands if they have PoC (God, i hate that term) or women members is quite frankly a little racist/sexist and degrading. You, as the booker, are telling these bands that they're on the bill for the diversity, not because their music is good. Sickens me

brand new is part of a very specific subgenre of emo known as "emo secondary on RYM"core, along with pinkerton, the first two modest mouse albums.

There can't be any more good emo from the US, I hope that other countries start to put out their own "versions" of emo.

>non american emo
fucking PUKE
american emo is already difficult to take seriously if it isn't from WA, IL, NJ, or PA. i'll pass.

Lol French and Brazilian emotive hardcore have been a thing in the early 2000s. They're both long dead now tho