Any guitarfags on here?

Any guitarfags on here?

I've got two guitars. A cheap First Act electric I bought from a toy store and an old Japanese import classical guitar from the 70's. Both are cheap so I need to upgrade. Which is best to learn first; acoustic or electric?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.de/itm/Burny-RLG90-Top-of-the-Line-/332109892625?hash=item4d534acc11:g:QjAAAOSw241YkMHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Get a schecter with a bigsby tren Eli. Or get a Floyd rose because they have tren locks. I also suggest getting a single and a duel spring pickups. I use EMG.

Acoustic, or classical guitar is a great start. Focuses more on technique and efficiency.

I've got a classical but the frets are so wide, plus the strings are really far from the frets too. It's harder to play than the cheap electric I have

Search on google how to properly set up your guitar. Believe me, spending time to get proper intonation on a guitar will lead to much better playing.

As someone who spent the last 9 years playing the classical guitar I can tell you that it's about as far from an electric guitar as a bass guitar. If your endgame is electric then I'd say start learning on a steel-strung accoustic and then move on to electric. From my experience people who start on an electric tend to have an awful sense of rhythm for some reason.

Go to your local Guitar shop, or guitar center, I guess, and check out the used shit. I like Ibanez, washburn and schecter. They usually have great action ( distance between strings and frets), so they're easy to play. I'd suggest electric, as they're easier to play, and you'll enjoy playing plugged in more than you'd enjoy playing an acoustic, that is, until you're good enough to appreciate and dedicated yourself to the skills and techniques needed to play an acoustic well.

Usually those who start on electric do so because they instantly want to be their guitar playing idol. They forget about all of the knowledge and skill and just want to "DO SICK DIVEBOMBS MAN"

6 years playing. Also, don't get one with a "wammy" that can by pulled up. If you've got to get a wammy, get one in the stat style, ones that you can bend up (floating bridge) require more know-how and maintainance. Unless you're good enough to use it proficiently, it's not worth it

Exactly. So if he's a casual, then electric is the way to go

Hey guys I have been given a Ibanez Concord 698-12BK made in 1977 in august but I can't for the life of me find any place that can place the value of the guitar at all.

Acoustic or Electric does not matter! You should have noticed that they are quite different. What do you prefer? Many famous electric players have NEVER played acoustic or only seldomly.

Get yourself a Burny, Fernandes or Tokai from the 80ies or early 90ies. Like this one
>ebay.de/itm/Burny-RLG90-Top-of-the-Line-/332109892625?hash=item4d534acc11:g:QjAAAOSw241YkMHg

You can get them cheaper! They are great, IMO as good as Gibson

Forgot to add that it's made in japan and I have looked and only found the M variant, I've even gone through old Ibanez catalogues to try and find something similar but I can't find squat.

Electric is something I'd like to play but I'm into more of a melodic, softer type sounding music if that makes sense. Acoustic covers that sort of thing. I'm just really struggling with this classical and wondering if I should go with normal acoustic, how well that translates to electric down the road.

Wammy bar type stuff is way over my head right now. I'm still working on basic chords.

Ah okay, yeah that kind of confirms what I was thinking. It's one of those topics where I've got a ton of conflicting opinions. Some have told me electric all the way, others insisted on acoustic.

I got myself a Ibanez RG7421BK. It ain't anything really fancy but with the right amp it djents like a motherfucker

Steel string acoustic is the only format of guitar anyone has any business starting off with. You will have the finger strength of a five year old girl if you spend your formative years on the guitar with nylon strings or an electric. You do not need an expensive acoustic contrary to popular belief. A skilled guitarist can make a cracked Yamaha sound good. Spending more than $150 for a first upgrade steel string is a dumb idea as a new player may unknowingly harm a more expensive instrument and lose whatever beneficial sound qualities it may provide to more experienced players. Go for a Yamaha, vantage or cheap fender, buy it used, be aware if your music store guy is trying to fuck you. If the guy doesn't love talking about music he probably is going to try to over charge the shit out of you and you should not give him business. Also do not listen to anyone else on this thread they don't know jack shit.

Haha, steel string acoustic it is. Funny you mention Fender, a CD-140S was what I was looking at upgrading to.

>You will have the finger strength of a five year old girl if you spend your formative years on the guitar with nylon strings
Oi, fuck you buddy, it's much harder on a classical because of the flat neck and the higher action. Nylon isn't a joke.

A wise decision. Your journey will be a painful one but you will come out a hero capable of rocking right into Mordor.

I'm not saying nylon is a joke but it actually isn't harder than steel strings, as a narrow fretboard poses its own unique set of challenges and it takes considerably more pressure to finger steel as well it is much more abrasive to the finger tips building callous at an unparalleled rate of speed

DO NOT GO CHEAP. This user is right, a "skilled" guitarist can make anything sound good. But just because Jimmy page can pick up a first act with 2 string and rip an awesome solo if he wanted to, you are not Jimmy page. Buy a cheap guitar, and you'll never play it, because playing a cheap guitar is harder, hurts more, and sounds worse.