CHART REC/GUESS

ITT: post a favorites chart/collage, guess things about others and give recommendations

Send Help.

all odd to me lad

bump

how does touche amore stand out for you in light of your other choices? (serious question)

check out So Pretty by Kid Dakota

recs appreciated

Stage Four and Is Survived By are just really strong emo albums, and they're great live. I like a lot of similar bands, notably I Hate Myself, Ampere, and Funeral Diner. TA sounds really fresh, and Jeremy Bolm is a strong songwriter. The band on the chart they're closest to is Knapsack. In a way, they're also tonally somewhat akin to Oathbreaker in terms of cathartic shrieks and pretty/expansive guitars

gotchya--I should give them another listen. Are the emo bands on my chart too boring for your taste? I find the most important thing for that style is to capture something intensely cathartic, regardless of how you go at it

Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
John Coltrane - Africa/Brass
Anthony Williams - Spring
Organized Konfusion - Stress: the extinction agenda
Mobb Deep- The Infamous
Pharcyde- Labcabincalifornia

I agree that the focus is catharsis. That Wrens album is great, and there's nothing on your chart I'm critical of. My preferred Brand New album is Daisy, but those are my favorite albums by Elliott Smith, Low, and Yo La Tengo.

shit i've been listening to recently

for some reason the first thing I thought of was Second Edition by Public Image Ltd.

gonna have to check some of those out. +Wipers

you care about fashion

would hang out with

forgot the pic

I do care about fashion--what about my list made that obvious?

Love anthems for doomed youth

rate/rec me

you're suicidal and depressed

Justice - Cross
Alvvays - Alvvays

needs more Earl Sweatshirt

Good stuff dude, if you're looking for recs check out:
John Handy - Live at Monterey
Anthony Braxton - Quartet (Santa Cruz) 1991
Andrew Hill - Compulsion
John Surman - How Many Clouds Can You See
Milford Graves - Babi
Ganelin, Tarasov, Chekasin - Live in East Germany

I only like Chum

here's mine
just -knows- he's better than everyone around him
go with Peter Glass - Glassworks if you haven't heard it already
Cool person but really really wants a girlfriend, doesn't complain about it to friends
>he likes Sgt. Pepper and Abbey Road, has lots of Sup Forums core
Go listen to Brian Wilson Presents: SMiLE right the fuck now
you'd also like Drenge - Undertow
I do not know much of that but I'm gonna guess you've been bored recently but happily bored
how about Com Truise - In Decay if you haven't heard it already
teenager, walks around in hallways with hands in coat pocket while all annoyed with everything around you
go with David Byrne & Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today, i think you'll like that for some reason
happy friend of many but really really likes being by himself
Yasuaki Shimizu - Kakashi
possibly suicidal, hates literally everything
listen to Dalek - Absence
also Ed Schrader's Music Beat - Party Jail
definitely a teenager, found Sup Forums a few months ago and fell in love with it, dark person but well read
go listen to Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children, it's gonna blow your mind

I need more like these. Tried other modern love artists but none come close.

I'm
and I'm a 28 year old as of Friday. I'll just assume you only recognized the albums I've liked since I was a teenager since your entire list falls under that description. I was into Hella before Death Grips even existed.

is it OF AND EXPERIENCE TO YOU PAL, SEE YOU *HAnd Wave*

>your entire list
>he knows every album on it
name the one with a cat on it fucko

maybe you could enjoy nymphs by nicolas jaar

daft punk ep

>Peter Glass - Glassworks

wow nailed mine sorta?
thanks, ive listened to the braxton, surman, and andrew hill. Ill check out the others

it's late ok
peter, pholip, same thing almost

Kakashi by Yasuki Shimuzu or however you spell it, pleb shit

literally just a youtube rec when you listen to plantasia

Okay but what about the one in the lower right corner that's all orange with the trees
>he doesn't know

not sure, probably some obscure electronic shit no one cares about like Daniel Rosenfeld

pretty entry level, but nice taste overall
+Boards of canada
+ween, beck
+can, big black, soft machine
+pink floyd, nmh, sufjan stevens
Lots of great stuff here

Loving that Brian Wilson Album, never really checked out his solo stuff. Will check out Drenge later.

This is a 10/10 album. This is probably the best rap album of all time. Joey Badass manages to honor the death of both Capital Steez and Tupac on this one while making a perfect sequel to B4DA$$

He honors Capital Steez through the subject matter of every single song on this album. From for my people to Legendary the man is openly pointing out the injustice and the wrongs committed by the government and the people. He is also honoring him by naming the album ALL AMERIKKKAN BADASS.

He honors Tupac by fulfilling his mission. The real album cover with him holding his middle fingers up is genius. He portrays the image of a menace to society or a badass per say but the music is the softest and least ignorant music he has ever put out. Throughout the album he paints a picture of a people harden by suffering. He is accurately bringing to light the fact that blacks are oppressed and that the crime in black communities is a symptom of this problem. Joey completes Tupac's mission by displaying that blacks who live the gangsta life didn't purely chose their lifestyle on their own. The suffering and the traumatic past caused by many factors such as the government ,racists and other blacks lead them towards a life of crime that they finally chose. Joey paints them as the complex human beings that they are and not the angry menaces that racists "KKK" is potraying them to be.

Joey Badass achieves the perfect sequel album. B4DA$$ is a east coast sounding album. He could have become complacent and tried to make the music he was previously doing on this album but he didn't. He made a West Coast sounding album and a good one at that. He pays tribute to Ice Cube with the the title ALL AMERIKKKAN BADASS.

The lyrics and production are good but what the album stands for and how Joey manage to pay tribute to both West Coast legends and his friend Capital Steez is something that has never been done before.

this is not a kill whitey album please go check it out

has been feeling better lately

you miss your ex

anything is appreciated

Bowie's Berlin Trilogy, Portishead's s/t

Amon Duul II's Phallus Dei

This shit was hard, most of these fucks have too many things out now and I like them all

Cannot wait to see Touche Amore when they play in Aus

Also chart

Lots of cool shit here, great taste
Go listen to Aphex Twin - Drukqs
That or Death Grips - Fashion Week (Instrumentals)

Recs would be appreciated, trying to listen to a lot more music at the moment. I like all these albums, although some of these I picked for more sentimental reasons.

Classical recs are extra appreciated, wanna get into it but i'm a massive pleb

Good jazz my man, check out A Symphony of Amaranths by Neil Ardley

Little Kid - Logic Songs

Hoedh - Hymnvs

Mariee Sioux - Faces in the Rocks
Pygmylush - Mount Hope