Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5dOwYf5LNNo
youtube.com/watch?v=sP4V6jiNj18
youtube.com/watch?v=K4_TX5Xo4Og
youtube.com/watch?v=7K-NRFWq9hU
rareboc.ax.lt/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

red moss is underrated, it hits so hard

Seconding this. What did you think of Tomorrow's Harvest? I know this is a bit more divisive of a topic but I've been really looking into it more and I think it's a massive slow burn and not as good as their other releases but Nothing is Real to Semena Mertvykh is some of the best music they've done ever.

geogaddi
youtube.com/watch?v=5dOwYf5LNNo
i don't know what their songs are called. i just listen but dont know to what. and yes i know that's not an "opinion" just random thought

The more important question is, new album when?

Which song is used in Red Moss and/or which song samples Red Moss? I've heard this before somewhere.

Sixtyten
Turquoise Hexagon Sun
Smokes Quantity
Sunshine Recorder
Julie and Candy
Dawn Chorus

Can't choose between MHTRTC and Geogaddi

Campfire headphase > MHTRTC

This post will probably sound pretentious as fuck, but does anyone get the feeling that Geogaddi is an album that stretches across an incredibly long timespan? There are certain songs that remind me of more modern times (Music is Math) but then there's stuff like Alpha and Omega that sounds vaguely middle-eastern and archaic, kind of how in The Exorcist there's the one part with the priest in Iraq. It seems like a very encompassing evil, like growing up in a cult and then being subjected to a ritual (The Devil is in the Details) and then escaping towards the end and seeing the sun for the first time (Dawn Chorus, Driving Station, You Could Feel the Sky).

That aside, does anyone have any ideas concerning the actual title? I know the brothers said they had something specific in mind when they named it, but refused to disclose.

Seriously though, new album when?

Why does the second half of this track sound like Boards of Canada track?
youtube.com/watch?v=sP4V6jiNj18

but it doesn't

There were 7 years between TCH and TH so hopefully we'll get a new one by the end of the decade.

But seriously, Tomorrow's Harvest opinions?

>Unpopular opinion
I like Tomorrow's Harvest as a whole more than Music Has the Right to Children.

I was on shrooms once and experienced Julie and Candy for a good 48 hours

Favorite:
MHTRTC

Underrated as F U C K :
Subterranean Communications

I agree with this.

kek

Does anyone have more info on Random 35 Track Tape. I've listened to it, and it's wonderful, but there is barely any mention of it online. It ranks up there with some of their best work.

>favorite album
A Few Old Tunes
>Favorite Song
Up the March Bank
>Unpopular opinion
The Campfire Headphase is better than MHtRtC, but everything they've release is great

Tomorrow's Harvest took the longest for me to get into, and I still don't think I've full digested it. It is much more subtle than anything they've done before, which can be off-putting at first, but very rewarding in the end. But Nothing is Real is one of the best songs they've done.

Mushrooms and Geogaddi go hand in hand, one of the most beautiful experiences of my life. The songs get a life of their own and seem to go on and on forever. It's not even scary, as the more natural side of the album shines on shrooms.

TH highs are high but theres some meh tracks too. Definitely took me longer to get into but it's a great album. Reach for the Dead and Sick Times are in my top 5 BoC songs.

Best Album: Easily Geogaddi, MHtRtC is a classic but feels like a warmup round compared to this behemoth.

Best Songs: Been listening to Whitewater, Julie and Candy, all of Beautiful Place out in the Country and Forest Moon a lot recently.

Didn't really appreciate TH all that much at first until I heard Reach for the Dead reversed. Ethereal experience, the sheer effort and meticulous work put into that album becomes plain as soon as you hear it.

I was thinking about doing something like this, what conditions did you do it under?

Yeah, after Telepath it peters off a pit and only fully comes back around Uritual.

i just want to listen to their unreleased early shit

If you've done mushrooms before than you hopefully know what to expect from them. I've done them a handful of times and I found it's very important to be with other people tripping, or at least have people around you who can distract you if things go wrong. I've also found it's much more enjoyable outside than cooped up inside.

Specifically when listening to Geogaddi, I did it in a park/forest at evening which was possibly the perfect setting. I walked around the forest with my friend, and headphones in. Lovely experience.

cant believe I never heard this until just now
youtube.com/watch?v=K4_TX5Xo4Og

Yea it's unbelievable. I used to say TH was just another bored electronic record but this proves to me that it's still full of secrets. I gotta give it a relisten soon.

Dubs speak truth

Is this real? Google didn't turn anything up

I listened to the whole album reversed once. It's pretty intriguing.

youtube.com/watch?v=7K-NRFWq9hU

About a year ago I was biking home from work, at about 11 at night. I live so close to work that doing this makes more sense than burning fuel. I cut through this big park down the road, it was incredibly foggy, and music is math started playing on my phone.
I have never felt such an intensely eerie vibe before. I noticed someone walking a couple yards away, hood up, dimly lit by the faraway street lamps. I kept going and tried to mind my business. When I passed the person they quickly looked up at me and screamed all within two seconds, just at the creepy end of MiM.
Sorry for the long story and semi incoherency but its been a long day. Also Geogaddi is probably the best album ever made.

TH needs a sister EP

it's real... it's probably the most complete collection of very early BoC we'll get.

For those that haven't heard them, this site has legitimate links to the Random 35 Track Tape & Both "Old Tunes" Volumes...

rareboc.ax.lt/

No, it's really interesting to hear people's anecdotes about music.

Geogaddi kind of snuck up on me, I listened to it once at night and remembered really liking it but not being too creeped out, and different songs started to grow on me. I was at the gym a few weeks ago and then Ready Lets Go came on, so I thought why not and put on the album again. When Music is Math came on I instantly became petrified, there were people all around me but I felt completely overwhelmed and almost had a fight-or-flight reaction. It was like experiencing something terrifying in a horror movie and you're the only one that sees it.

More recently I had the album on when I couldn't fall asleep and decided to go over to my piano and learn a few of the songs on piano. I was really delirious and started learning The Devil is in the Details, and for some reason I got really freaked out and felt like I was conjuring the devil through the chord progression and got really weird chills in my spine before I freaked the fuck out and turned it off.

This.

I was actually just thinking about this the other day. If MHtRtC has Hi Scores, Geogaddi has IABPOiTC, and Campfire Headphase has Trans Canada Highway, Tomorrows Harvest has no one.