>Favourite character

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q7jOzQC3XOw&t=4m16s
youtube
youtube.com/watch?v=LxvAZq9Dr1U
youtube.com/watch?v=pURFU3pL93o
youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When did Simpsons lose its soul? What season?

>Favourite season
Tie between 3 and 4. 2 is most underrated.

>Favourite episode
Homer at the Bat or Lisa's Substitute.

>Favourite Character
Main - Homer, Secondary - Burns

Somewhere between seasons 9-10

>We had a good thread yesterday
This has never meant "We'll have a good thread today."

How and why is morges hair so stiff when on many occasions they show it long and flowing?

She uses product and also she's a cartoon character.

I don't feel like this deserves its own thread.
What the fuck was the joke? Why did the writers make Mr Burns very uncharacteristically break the 4th wall? Only children and retards would find a poorly setup joke with a literally flaming faggot funny- is this something that I should lament subscribing to as kid myself? Some faggots are fucking flaming- this is a fact. We all know what it means. We all remember the degenerate parades in California which were sanctioned by what I assume were gays.
youtube.com/watch?v=q7jOzQC3XOw&t=4m16s
4:16

>>Favourite season
>>Favourite episode
Homie the Clown
>>Favourite character
Lionel Hutz Rest in Peace, Phil

>From a newer season

Serious question why do people say this is one of the best shows ever but then turn around and say but out of the 28 seasons only 10 are good. How is a show good when over half of it is terrible?

Viewing the whole show with all the seasons would you say its a good show overall or a bad show that had some good seasons?

>What the fuck was the joke? Why did the writers make Mr Burns very uncharacteristically break the 4th wall?
You linked to a five minute montage - which joke are you referring to specifically?

Seasons 1-12 are really good and people only meme when they say anything past Season 8 is terrible

On top of that seasons 2-8 are probably the best television ever made.

But after a combination of Phil Hartman dying and all the good writers leaving to make Futurama in 1999 the show never had a chance

It lost too much

It had probably the best comedy writing team of the 90s.
After season 8 the talent started to go but we'll always have those amazing years.
So yeah, there are more mediocre seasons than 10/10 ones.

>people only meme when they say anything past Season 8 is terrible
Saying this, itself, must be a meme.

u wot, mate? The time is embedded in the url link and I even typed it out below it @ 4:16.

>But after a combination of Phil Hartman dying and all the good writers leaving to make Futurama in 1999 the show never had a chance
This isn't really true. Only a few (fairly minor) Simpsons writers transferred to Futurama and the show was already decidedly going to shit by the time Hartman died.

Seasons 9-12 have more good episode than bad

They're good seasons

>Only a few (fairly minor) Simpsons writers transferred to Futurama

Not really since a lot of the writers who wrote earlier seasons of the Simpsons also went

Futurama essentially had the same group of writers for its first 4 seaons that The Simpons did

Well fine, fair enough I guess but if you're going to say that I think you should make a point to also mention at what season those claims stop being memes and become reality, then. In my opinion I'd say season 12 or possibly 13 would be the absolute limit. If people aren't memeing when they say the show went to shit after 8, they most definitely are when they say it didn't go to shit by 13, if at all. Because it clearly has.

>but I worked on him and he's a whole different person
>Mom...?
>HE'S A WHOLE... NEW... PERSON, LISA

what did marge mean by this?

I always assumed she was in denial and desperately wanted Lisa to vouch for her.

...that she hates herself and her whole life could be summed up by the words, "failure," and "overwhelming regret?"

I agree, dont get me wrong the core golden era is a lot better than what came after. Its something like

>10/10 seasons
>3-8

>9/10 seasons
>9

>8/10 seasons
>1,10-12

>Futurama essentially had the same group of writers for its first 4 seaons that The Simpons did
That's not true at all though.

David X. Cohen, Ken Keeler and Matt Groening were the only writers to go from Simpsons to Futurama, and out of them only Groening was involved in the early seasons of The Simpsons.

yeah, like maybe she has changed Homer in little to no ways but is claiming total victory to maintain her sanity

i see

Ah shit i missed season 2

>10/10 seasons
>3-8

>9/10 seasons
>2,9

>8/10 seasons
>1,10-12

Keeler coined "cheese eating surrender monkeys" so he can't written off easily.

Best joke coming through

youtube com/watch?v=Qq7wnMvLYg4

So

You didn't fall for the "It was Marge" meme did you?

*Actually I've just remembered, Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein were also consulting producers on Futurama's early seasons, but they weren't full-time writers and like Coen and Keeler they were only involved with the Simpsons in the late-classic era.

I'll see your gold fish tenders and raise you a quickie that sums up Homer in 9 seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=LxvAZq9Dr1U

no, he only imagined it was marge so he could satisfy his desires
the imaginary marge didn't act like her usual self

No he fucking railed that red head

>attractive 10/10 younger woman
>falls in love with a bald fat late 30 year old
Only in american media folks

I've only seen a few episodes of the Simpsons? But what's that one episode where Bart looks middle aged, seems depressed, and has a beard?

Homer used to be a real character. Dumb, but at least he was still somewhat believable, at least he still had the slightest shred of humanity. Now, Homer is a heartless, souless, Godless abomination. He is a "living" parody of himself.

If he used to be a parody of the dumb American father figure (ie, a stereotype), he is not anymore; now he is a parody even of that.

And I don't like it.

And neither should anyone else.

>I've only seen a few episodes of the Simpsons?

Hey whoa whoa stop

Go and watch seasons 2-8 NOW

I agree with this.

if she was fat everyone would wonder why he would fall in love with her

What is the single greatest Joke The Simpsons ever told?

Also whats the best song?

youtube.com/watch?v=pURFU3pL93o

youtube.com/watch?v=rTfa-9aCTYg

>>>Favourite episode
>Homie the Clown

my nigga

The episode that Homer crashes in on those two celebs.

Newfag

Best Joke.. U inergalactic hussy. (cries) was he better thn me?

Best Song.. Barts Mozart. Beans Oh beans delicious in your mouth...

Ive been saying the same thing. They started to lose me around season 10. Too many bad jokes like that stupid Movie.

Season 6
Lisa on Ice
Ned Flanders

That joke was pretty Sup Forums though.

Why did they kill off Maud?

Why this act of god committed against the most god-fearing character of them all, Ned?

>When did Simpsons lose its soul? What season?
season 12 or 13

Best character coming through.

Ten seasons are about 10 years, mind you. And it used to be really good. Like defining-humor-for-one-or-two-generations-of-Western-people good. And this will always be what it was, no matter what shit they make of it now or in the future.

>And this will always be what it was, no matter what shit they make of it now or in the future.
It will always be what it is. Nothing can ever be in the present what it was in the past, unless it is the same. Simpsons was good, but now it is bad.

Simpsons now and Simpsons then are not the same show. Different time, different generation of writers and viewers. So it will remain what it was since the episodes of the time were groundbreaking in part and wrote TV history.

Anyone else despise how characters have iphones, constantly reference social media? It's just incredibly lazy.

Desperate, wanna-be, try-hard, failed attempts to achieve hipsterdom.

>What is the single greatest Joke The Simpsons ever told?
One of my favorites anyway.

I always like ones that build on the previous joke.

It's a reference to comedian Jack Benny's signature fourth wall break stare in his sketches. Usually an obvious character would make a over the plate remark that could be misconstrued as innuendo, he would look to the audience in disbelief. Classic comedy show, there are many references to it throughout The Simpsons (notably the "Yyyyeeeesss" guy, a recurring Jack Benny character.)

tl;dr it's a meme you dip

Another favourite

>Carl: So, uh, ain't you guys gonna ask me about my hat?
>Lenny: Hey Carl, what's with the hat?
>Carl: Oh, what?! This thing? It's what the ancient Egyptians called a "souvenir"

>Favorite Season
6, 4 is a close second.
>Favorite Episode
Homer Badman
>Favorite Character
Bart.

Simpsons thread you say? I'll get right up.

I really wish this "only seasons x through y" meme would die. By this time next year we'll have people arguing that precisely 2 episodes, in season 4, were good, and the rest were all shit.

1. No we won't.
2. You know it.
3. So why do you care, then?
4. But it's good that the general consensus matches the reality.
5. That's not a meme.
6. /10 bait.