Why did the singer have a fake british accent on this album?

Why did the singer have a fake british accent on this album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Aerah72IEI?list=PLBC73BC49EEB76D09
youtube.com/watch?v=MmZSeHLu8ew
youtube.com/watch?v=PoLLs--9xoI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

TAKE A BREAK FROM YOUR FUCKING WAIFU THREADS AND ANSWER ME MOO

I'd just like to say this thread sucks.

Why did he have a fake Italian accent in Pet Sematary?

check out cdn punk bands for cringy accents

are noo yawk accents the best accents?

Why did he write a track about being a communist double agent? Why did he not just let that needle do its job sooner? Why did your mom let them run a train on her backstage at a show in Bloomington? There are no answers.

it's not fake British, Joey Ramone is legit retarded, he just has a retarded guy voice. that's why The Ramones were so good

Doesn't sound British to me. It's a very strange accent though. Also, it didn't really go away after this album, he just got better at singing so it wasn't as grating as on this one.

he definitely has faux-british accent on Beat on the Brat, but it's kinda jokey I wouldn't consider it phony or fake

Joey is one of my favorite all time singers, he did get better after this album but he also ended up getting worse when his voice deepened again and he started singing like a bullfrog

still some great bullfrog era Joey though, like the verses in Mama's Boy

I think his voice peaked on End of the Century

youtu.be/5Aerah72IEI?list=PLBC73BC49EEB76D09

Rude!

i feel like a pleb for not liking a band that has so many good albums but i cannot fucking get past his vocals. they annoy the hell out of me

it might simply be because of the million stupid uses of blitzkrieg bop in advertisements and films

I felt that way at first too but they grew on me. Still hate blitzkrieg bop though.

Yeah, I'm sure Phil Spector pushed Joey to give the best vocal performances possible. It really went against their typical sound but I'm pretty glad that album exists and we got to hear them produced in such a way. End of the Century is sadly misunderstood I think.

As for his "bullfrog" voice, I agree those songs can be pretty jarring at first. But I think that was definitely something he worked at. For example even on later albums like Animal Boy his vocals on "Somebody Put Something In My Drink" and She Belongs to Me" sound almost like 2 different vocalists.

I always hated Blitzkrieg Bop when I was younger. Once I got the early Ramones albums and started looking more into the band I was able to view them in a new light though. Stuff lie 53rd and 3rd and Today Your Love, Tomorrow the World really helped me to like them more

Can we all admit that Dee Dee's vocals were terrible?

Yes, but it helps give those songs a genuine Hardcore Punk vibe which I like. But objectively speaking he is a shit vocalist.

Wart Hog is the shit though youtube.com/watch?v=MmZSeHLu8ew

Ok, I really like that one but I just listened to animal boy and halfway to sanity today and he was awful. Or at least the songs he sang on were.

Fucking love Joey still owning the stage that whole song. Grasping the mic like he's about to join in at any second. Fucking legends.

Yeah. I can't really recall his songs on Halfway to Sanity but I know on Animal Boy he sang with this weird almost goofy sounding accent that was pretty annoying.

kek he sounds like a fucking cartoon character
youtube.com/watch?v=PoLLs--9xoI

Why does every song on this album sound the same?

because you're tone deaf

nigga they all sound very similar. stop being a dick.

>mfw my mum thought The Ramones were argentinian
WE WUZ PUNK AND SHIET

examples?

>why isn't every band as stylistically diverse as radiohead?

Don't reply to me ever again bitch

Hey, up your's user!

That's not a "Fake British Accent"
That's how people talk in the Forest Hills section of Queens New York.

Smithers have The Rolling Stones killed!