Really makes you think

Really makes you think...

screenrant.com/ghostbusters-2016-sequel-no-doubt/?utm_source=SR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=SR-FB-P&view=lista

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4207&p=.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>movie's flopping
>retard social justice warriors and femshits blaming "manbabies" and the patriarchy
>none of them bought any tickets to go see it

It's exactly what we said, this movie was made for people who don't care about ghostbusters, and would never see it even if you paid them to.

Who would okay 150 million dollar budget for this?

>I want to do an all girl ghostbusters
>okay here's 45 million

Have they made back their profits yet? I thought it was banned in China.

>65 million opening weekend

That's way better than they projected, even before they adjusted it to lower.

Every movie company says this a week after premiering. Still waiting on the John Carter sequel, and that Robocop sequel, and that Dredd sequel, and that Golden Compass sequel, and that Conan sequel etc etc etc etc

director paul feig said they need 500 million to break even.

>colossal flop

What did American audiences mean by this?

Boxofficemojo says $46M

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=4207&p=.htm

There is a problem with Hollywood assholes not green lighting female lead films.

Shitty remakes like this don't help.

Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman was shitcanned at Warners when the head of the studio declared women lead films don't make money.

His proof? A shitty remake of Invasion Of the Body Snatchers starring Nicole Kidman under performed. Also a Jodie Foster movie that was never gonna be that big anyway did just under its budget.

Where are you getting 65 million from? They'd have to make 32 million today, which is impossible considering opening night was barely 17 million and yesterday was 16 million.

>Dredd sequel
Still hoping for this...

It made 17 one day and 16 the next...and today isn't over so how can they have 46M already

>"let's alienate everyone who might want to see this movie!"

What did Sony mean by this?

They're employing Cartman's strategy to marketing.

Pretty sure that's including an estimate of todays take, which would mean a Sunday take of 13M.

As far as I can tell, Sony execs knew better, but Feig completely stuck his neck out to make this happen.

$46 million domestic $19 million foreign. It's still laughable

B-b-but they're past 10% of the way to profitability! T-take that!

Hundreds of mediocre reviews can't be wrong!

It's not a flop. Go read through articles about this and you'll see that people everywhere but here are calling it a success, because it is. That's a third of its budget opening weekend, excluding what it will make in the rest of the world.

>sony execs knew better
Uh have you read some of their e-mails? No one at Sony knows better. They thought it was a good idea to have an out of touch retard like Amy Pascal to run things. They can't establish successful franchises no matter how much they try.

the 19 mio are from the uk and australia on top of that

Amy fucking Pascal

That $46 million figure is INCLUDING foreign markets. Also its not opening in China, which is the only foreign market that could make a huge difference.

What does a Sony internship pay?

>$19 million foreign
So, something like 5 million then.

It's had an inauspicious start desu, but Feig's other films have hung around for good levels of return. The fly in the ointment may be the big releases coming up - I'm not convinced it will break 135 domestic, but we'll see.

Paul Feig has said the movie HAS to make at least 500 million. And that's a low estimate.

They only get a fraction of the box office return.
It's gonna be a rough go to just break even mate.

Apparently it was $6.1m in the UK. Considering the value of the pound, that must mean everyone in the country apart from me went to see it.

Movie jail for poor Paul

>It's not a flop! There's dozens of articles on FemFreq and killallmen.com saying it's the most successful movie of all time!

>Finding Dory has done 445 domestic
That's pretty amazing

lmao everything that leaker/insider said it turning out to be true. They said Feig was extremely worried that this movie failing could severely damage and possibly end his career.

I'm assuming movie jail is Netflix. The Wachowski's can attest to that.

Remember when ASM3 and Sinister Six was going to happen?

That's the exact same thing they said after Amazing Spider-Man 2 flopped.

They're so fucking transparent

The back and forth between Feig/Pascal on the big 'dance scene' that was going to be the focal point of this movie was mind-boggling.

Are they coke fiends or alcoholics, or both?

Don't forget the Fan4stic sequel. And Green Lantern 2.

Honestly movie jail is probably preferable to movie hell Sony

>girl power!
>it's time for us women to show you who gets the job done!
>men are idiots anyway
>all our critics are upset that the main characters are women
>why aren't you watching the movie you sexist racist brute of a man?!!

With a marketing so retarded they deserve to lose so much money.

>movie flops
>they blow money on sequels out of sheer spite

Sadly it won't happen.

>by the end of the year the top 5 highest grossing movies will be didney movies
The absolute maniacs

At one point Sony thought the issue with the ASM series wasn't Andrew Garfield, but the absence of Tobey Maguire, and they believed that bringing him back to the series somehow would "guarantee us two billion at the worldwide box office."

Yeah ive heard shit like that about plenty of flops that are supposed to set up other media. then after everything dies down they just stop talking about it

What a site of insecure little boys. I saw it last night in Richmond VA and it was a packed theatre with a very mixed crowd. Face it this is just the beginning. Women can carry a franchise like this and now were just going to get more movies with female leads. Also the movie was funny as hell, my girlfriend and I are going to see it again just to spite you virgina LOL!

Paul Feig wasn't a Sony employee, though.

His getting involved with Sony basically clipped his career's wings, and honestly, I'm glad. The dude is an ass.

He'll no longer be that guy who made a few successful low budget comedies, but rather the buffoon who made a shitty reboot and threw a fit about it.

>not seeing a movie for the sole reason that it doesn't appeal to you

Now you know how your girlfriend feels. Oh wait, you don't have one.

> The back and forth between Feig/Pascal on the big 'dance scene' that was going to be the focal point of this movie was mind-boggling.

Can you post it, please?

>those fake smiles
>the kid's face
>none of them wanted to be there

Pretty much. They are trying to seem confident, hoping people will say "If there are going to be more, I guess I've gotta see this one in theatres."

It's boilerplate for films the under perform.

The sequel to Fantastic Four was announced months after it came out and flopped no? I could have sworn they said that only a few weeks ago

you ready for the emoji movie?

>Now you know how your girlfriend feels
In what world do girlfriends get dragged to movies?

The guy always gets dragged to shit

The Axis should have won WW2

>Be sick
>Meet the Girlbusters
>Tell them you liked the new movie
>Ask if you can see their feet

I wonder how they'd react?

Sony is now run by the same guy who used to run Fox....the Spider-Man reboot is doomed

>The guy always gets dragged to shit
only if he's some skinny jeans wearing beta

Who the fuck uses emojis.

After ruining Ghostbusters, Amy Pascal is going to finish her wild ride with The Emoji Movie, The Barbie Movie, and by fucking over the new Spider Man.

That's unless her suicide pact with Feig comes to fruition.

Aren't the emojis fucking yellow? Are people that stupid?

people with cellphones

Nobody involved in this movie is going to say anything bad about it while it's still in the cinema.

No shit they're going to 'confirm' a sequel, until it's out of the cinema and they can bury it.

They announced they were doing a sequel like around the time it was still failing in theaters. Recently Kinberg said he'd like to do a sequel with the same cast, but no one's believing it. It's more likely a bargaining tactic to get Marvel back on the negotiating table. Besides, Michael B Jordan is going to be a character in Black Panther, that doesn't sound like he's going to be in a Fox Marvel film soon.

>yfw the production budget for the Emoji movie is 180 million dollars

>Sony Columbia trying to delude it's self that Kaz Hirai isn't going to sell them off like he sold all the other money losing divisions at Sony like the TV department, PC Department etc. etc.

Have you seen their list of upcoming movies, the only surefire money maker they have is Spiderman:Homecoming and even then Disney will take at least 50% of the profits.

The only thing making Sony money currently is PS4, PSN, VUE CINEMAS, Insurance and Photography and Adam Sandler movies.

Kek, that 46M$ figure is completely over-estimated, they don't want to tell that it actually made less than 20M$ in the first weekend.

Just like the Fantastic Four sequel.
Just like the Terminator Genesys Sequel.
Just like the...

Ok I'm going to be honest here - I have no idea who is who out of these four, because who cares, but seriously, that one on the left knows that shit is wrong. She's got a perfect 'shit are we really doing this' look on her face. The black one seems to have forgotten where the camera is, the redhead is just along for the ride, and lesbian blondie there thinks this is all great.

What a fucking trainwreck - did they not give these people handlers?

Daily reminder she has bought the rights to a Zoe Quinn/Gamergate movie for millions as well.

alright
throw your money away

just spend more on marketting, who cares if the second will flop even harder than the first because the novelty of a all female ghostbusters will have faded, im sure your stockholders are fine with just burning money

There won't be a sequel.

At best Sony will sit on the rights for a few years, and they'll reboot it again with The Rock, Kevin Hart, Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum.

>and even then Disney will take at least 50% of the profits.

No, the deal reported was that Sony would get all box office money from Spider-Man films. The ones they don't get money from are stuff like Civil War where it's fully Marvel-made.

They probably might not be getting merchandise money, though.

Didn't Adam Sandler leave sony to do all those netflix originals?

Movie jail is no one will fund your movie projects and you have a studio contract.
Mean he can't just go Uwe Boll and create cheap films out of pocket. Sony's reputation would be hurt if that happen so he is pretty much on the minimum payroll to just sit and wait till the studio feels his name could produce money again.

The film industry is really fuck up

I remember reading Fox's plans for a 2017 release well before Fant4stic actually came out.

>inb4 they sell it to Disney

There probably will be. They're figuring that if they manage to launch their cinematic universe, eventually it will turn a profit as people get "used to" the new Ghostbusters. So they'll eat the costs early on to build viewership, then make bank later.

>women lead films don't make money.
They don't

inb4 Star Wars

It's fucking Star Wars, the name carries it

If you really don't know who is who, then how do you know the blonde is a lesbian?

>movie is bringing in money from both the product plus advertising deals and merchandising
>of course announce more to come for more money
>autists will tell me its a flop despite actions showing its not

Who the fuck is that going to appeal to?

Actually that's right, I forgot about that. It also coincidentally was announced right after rumors of Fox planning to fire Trank were going around, but before Trank started even filming the movie.

I seem to remember some story / meme about it - I didn't pay a lot of attention. Is she a lesbian in real life?

Sony was pushing for an exclusive contract that pissed off Sandler pretty bad
Him staring in Hotel Transylvania and 2 only happen because of him both funding it and being a huge Genndy Tartakovsky fan.
rumor has it Sandler is a guest star in a new Samurai Jack series episode

There really is no room for Sony to "eat the costs" on this. Box office is the bulk of their return on investment. They'll get a little money from the media sales after the fact, but stuff like merchandise was flooding the discount bins weeks prior to its release.

>a Zoe Quinn/Gamergate movie
What a time to be alive

>merchandising
>clearance.png
>of course announce more to come for more money
What did he mean by this?
>autists will tell me its a flop despite actions showing its not
>46 Million Opening Weekend Domestic
>19 Million Foreign
>Lost to a cartoon in its second weekend
>Faces huge blockbuster, SLOP in its third week, and Ice Age in its Opening
>No China

Yes, apparently.

>Mad Max

Always made me laugh when the cucks and shills on here said it was getting a sequel when Theron literally refuses to work with Hardy again and had him injuctioned on set and hated the fact she had to go bald for another year for the reshoots and now George Miller is tied down to Justice League for the rest of his career.

girls don't watch movies they. they play on their phone or fall asleep.

And people on Twitter/Facebook

White chicks and by white chicks, I mean the stereotypes presented by the Waynes brothers in White Chicks. They do exist and at this point, they use emojis subconsciously.

>Ghostbusters merchandise isn't selling
>That article that showed POST product rebates on this reboot still leaving the production budget at 144 million dollars.

Why do people keep assuming that a movie of this size can under perform on its biggest stage and still succeed/warrant a sequel based on action figure sales and blu ray buys?