The band that saved metal

The band that saved metal.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/02uq_GQAly0
youtu.be/jehgTVUkDQw
youtu.be/zS-gB0wYeM0
youtu.be/Iq9SEFwJ9ZQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They really did. They made metal fun again.

If you've spanked it to so much anime that you have a pavlovian response to Japanese female voices, sure.

I agree, the musicians behind it are from the Visual Kei scene, which were musical elitists. It's actually a nice scene, but >dresses as a girl

Babymetal actually make decent music though

no they don't no stfu fucking trash weeab

Listen to their first album

I prefer the first album by a lot too but Tales of the Destinies should always be at the top of the recommendations.
youtu.be/02uq_GQAly0

It's a grower for sure though.

I love some of their more ballad-y tracks like No
Rain, No Rainbow desu

youtu.be/jehgTVUkDQw

Thank you for this

Wait holy shit I just realized what this is

This was the last song of what they thought would be their second last show ever. That's why they were crying.

Very popular song in Japan, I think also used in K-On, which is one of Moa's favorite anime.

Another great ballad, don't know if you heard it. Love it much more than the original.
youtu.be/zS-gB0wYeM0

Thanks for this one too! Motivation to listen to both their albums in the full.

What's the story behind that show? Why did they think it would be their second last?

Also yeah I was thinking of the version in Eva 2.22

Can someone tell Koba to stop letting these old outdated white faggots near the girls? The girls are pure and he's letting these senile fucks near them, Koba needs to stop sucking up to these aged metal bands and keep Babymetal a Babymetal band, not "true metal".

Okay, but neither of those songs are on their albums just to let you know. You can only find them on their concert DVD/Blu-rays.

>What's the story behind that show? Why did they think it would be their second last?

This depends on how much you know about them. Babymetal spawned from an idol group called Sakura Gakuin which followed the "graduation" model when they get to a certain age(15). This was shortly before Su's graduation, and the precedent for the other subgroups of Sakura Gakuin(Babymetal was just one of several) was that when a member graduated, the group either disbanded or that graduating member was taken out the group so they thought that would happen to Babymetal too as well as the fans.

At the end of the next show I believe there was a timer signaling that it was over, and then there was an encore that basically implied they were continuing. They officially broke off from Sakura Gakuin at that point and became its own entity. This was in early 2013. They grew rapidly since then but it started in 2010.

Wow thats interesting. Were the band in on it the whole time?

During that performance? No, that's why they were crying. They said a few times that they find out some things the same time as the fans, but it's meant to be as a surprise to them.

The next performance with the encore they obviously had to be told beforehand though.

Gimmick commerical metal. Maybe the girls will go on to do something actually artistic, though.

Japanese pop scene really treats them as nothing more than assets then I suppose

Why? There's nothing sinister behind it. It's meant to be a good surprise when something good happens and they have fun with it. And it's occasional. They obviously are told most everything at the appropriate time.

More the whole deal with taking people out once they are graduated and whatnot. Seems like an attempt to keep the "image" without concern for the actual music or artists.

The graduation thing was set in stone from the beginning. The agency that created the group (Amuse Inc.) had all the girls signed beforehand, and supported their endeavors fully afterwards. Sakura Gakuin is different from those other idol groups. It wasn't about making money, it was about grooming talent for their future careers. Two top models in Japan also came from Sakura Gakuin. Every member that graduated is still signed by the Amuse unless they chose to leave the industry.

Ah ok then, sorry I'm not really familiar with how the industry works in Japan.

The idol industry is a lightning rod for misinformation(and a lot of it is projected onto Babymetal unfairly). I don't think it's any worse than western pop industry (except pay, that's much worse), but I do think the particular agency that created Babymetal is morally sound from what I've gathered. They treat their talents well. They also have clients that are major actors and from all spectrum of the entertainment industry, and a lot of non-manufactured bands and talents as well.

Right yeah that's good to hear I guess

marry left
kill mid
fuck right

the only winning move is to marry all of them

You don't "save metal" by being a le-so-random K-On! x Dragonforce mashup band.

>le-so-random
The only song that can justifiably qualify as that is Gimme Chocolate.

>K-On!
What? Where is K-On in Babymetal?

>Dragonforce
One song, that they literally collaborated with them on. They do various subgenres of metal.

the allusion I was making was anime voices + shit overly technical metal wank
it's genuinely bad music, if you like it you clearly watch too much anime

I don't even like anime

holy shit you're all autists

Why are we autists for liking a band? Sure it's an idol band but they make great music, they wouldn't be this popular if they were a gimmick or autistic.

>Also yeah I was thinking of the version in Eva 2.22
It's also in Eva.
It's a really, really popular old song.

that's not Ghost!

t. "real metal" autist

If you like them you're probably a pedophile

being attracted to cutesy, high-pitched girl voices isn't a pavlovian response you maniac

the two youngest will be 18 in the summer and the lead singer is 19. There is also the Kami band which most fans care about too and are all in their 30s.

why are babymetal weebs so defensive?

Probably because the group gets a ton of hate and it gets old after a while. It's pretty dumb when people complain about being argued with when they present a hot take though.

I don't care when people say they're shit or anything subjective myself, I only get annoyed when people say things that are outright false and spouting things like they know what they're talking about but only parroting misinformation.

That bothers me with everything though.

16 is legal in the UK. And everybody at some point in their life wants to fuck a 13 year old.

it's not a gimmick anymore, it's a full-fledged style at this point

reminder that if this band were american no one would like them

The point is that America wouldn't have created this band. It is uniquely Japanese so it could only come from there.

American girls don't have cute voices, don't look as cute as Japanese girls, and English isn't a very cute language

It would be cringey, plain and simple.

And Babymetal was not all about cute, they have a bunch of dark elements too.
youtu.be/Iq9SEFwJ9ZQ

Babymetal at a whole is pretty dark even in its "cute" parts and plays with the whole satanic illuminati elements.

I think the world would love a group of 13 year old musicians. :^)

1/10

This

Nice one, Mohamed

>several BABYMETAL songs were composed/produced by Yuyoyuppe (who's otherwise known for rock/metal Vocaloid songs)

Sakura Gakuin was created in the midst of the idol renaissance sparked by AKB48.

Amuse (known to many as Southern All Stars' management until Perfume became famous thanks to Nakata) also manages gravure models as well.

> everybody at some point in their life wants to fuck a 13 year old

I know these things but why are you telling me this?

And I should add since you pointed out Yuyoyuppe that another major producer is NARASAKI from Coalter of the Deepers.

Also Takeshi Ueda from Mad Capsule Markets.

>Babymetal
>dark
Please be fucking joking

Saved it from what?

>Dark
>"Satanic Illuminati elements"

Mountains outta mole hills, I tells ya.

Why would I be joking?

How so?

>The band that saved metal.
I want to fuck left

Saved it from irrelevance.