Rick And Morty

Why do people like this show? like im genuinely wondering because i really don't get it. ive seen a few episodes and never laughed once and i don't understand how anyone could think its funny.

Autism.

i have no fucking clue, it's not even entertaining outside of the so-called comedy either.

R E D D I T

The humor is largely in the nuances of the communication between the characters, inflections in their voices, etc. You won't enjoy it if you're socially retarded. It's also extremely clever -- unbelievably so at points. Why look for an explanation? If you don't get it, you don't get it.

Hey reddit

*burp* *fart* h-hey pass me a BREWSKI

hilarious.

>It's also extremely clever
Upvoted fellow redditor :)

Don't worry about it. Other people are wrong and you're right, like with everything else going on in your life.

>reddit's getting salty

Not sure why people like it. I think people like it for being clever. Not sure how being clever makes something good though.

yes everything is reddit

Ok im sorry for not laughing at someone wanting aliens to cut his penis off, i realise how clever that is.
And now i think about it a deer being shot then hit by a car is also very clever, obviously more clever than i could ever realise.

Smartest show on television hands down.

butthurt christcucks cry cause rick puts down their shitty religion LMAO

so salty.

>reddit's getting sarcastic

>ive seen a few episodes and never laughed once and i don't understand how anyone could think its funny.

Liar. You watch it all the time because you love it. You just made this thread to be cool.

Reddit/faces of atheism speaks

If you think badly summarizing a joke captures what makes it a joke, then it's really not surprising you don't like the show. You're an idiot; that's why you don't like Rick and Morty.

it's so smart, i can't actually say why it's smart but reddit says it is

Hey reddit how did you escape your cuckshed today?

no i was watching because some other people put it on on a livestream thing

So can you explain the joke to me?

xavier renegade angel is an example of these things actually done right.

It regularly and succinctly shits on all of the worst people in society (historically, tradition is an idiot thing), which is why it makes this site so asshurt. That and no one here is smart enough to find the humor in anything but reposted memes.

Upvoted fellow redditor tradition is awful. Our ancestors were dumbasses and only our special, progressive generation can see the truth.

>this delusion

Most of you jokers are probably from the south. Well, I don't know. People who don't get sardonic and fatalistic humour must come from somewhere.

If you don't get a laugh out of something like Beth rejecting the penis amputation only to slowly reconsider as she thumbs through the catalog of replacements then you're just a joyless cunt with zero imagination. What's an example of something you find funny? A 10 year old posting a picture of Aiden Gillen?

reddit comments are top tier bait, well done

to be fair, this over-simplification of it does kind of show that you don't understand its dark humour

So many people are using the "you're not smart enough to get the jokes" card. I think its the opposite and maybe we think too logically to get the jokes

>muh superior intellect
>muh sharp wit
>muh edgy nihilism
Reddit...reddit never changes

>If you don't get a laugh out of something like Beth rejecting the penis amputation only to slowly reconsider as she thumbs through the catalog of replacements then you're just a joyless cunt with zero imagination

WTF i love reddit and memey now

>smartest
Thats not how you spell Fraiser

>A 10 year old posting a picture of Aiden Gillen?

That does sound pretty funny.

He hammers out a little "Bane?" in his hunt & peck style of typing on his keyboard

>people who dislike the show type like toddlers in special ed
>people who like the show have vocabularies with breadth and a mastery of their own first language

Little gems like this are why I still browse Sup Forums. You can literally tell which side of the argument is filled with retards. That's comedy.

this, the wordplay is much better, jokes are a lot more creative.

But what is its dark humour?

what imagination do i need? Maybe i just need to imagine im watching something better and funnier.

Only a true progressive and enlightened redditor can understand the deep meaning and intricate subtleties of this teenagers cartoon

so i havent seen season 2 yet.

have they realized that belching, 5th rate improv, and edgy atheism arent funny at all?

>u have a diffrent taste in humor u should go bak to reddit faggot

This isn't a contest you fucking retards, you sound even more autistic than these edgy rick and morty lovers

>a redditor wanks himself off while he spews his opinion all over an anonymous website forgetting there's no upvotes for his verbose writing
>this impresses other redditors so much they have to remark on it
Comedy gold alright

You mean people who like it are typing like they have something to prove?

It's really good but you need to not be autistic or underage to appreciate it.

Well if it isn't my old friend reddit

why don't you people ignore rick and morty and we'll ignore you. Just go do whatever you do and enjoy it.

>tradition is an idiot thing
Except when it comes to what you will instill in your kids, right?

I disagree

you have to be really dumb to not get rick and morty. It's really good, but it's not that clever.

basically OP has autism

It comes naturally and at 145 WPM, as effortless as breathing. By comparison, screaming about Reddit and making hilarious grammatical errors comes naturally to you. People who argue this way don't seem to understand that intelligent people don't have to try to not sound retarded, they just don't. By contrast, you sound like you genuinely wear a helmet to the school bus.

Yes, it's exclusively for 18 year old pseudo-intellectuals.

Jesus Christ, how the fuck can we ban reddit faggots off this board? Or do people like it when they come here to laugh at their expense?

youre probably uneducated

>>>/reddit/

>ctrl f + "reddit"
>1 of 21 matches

It's OK OP to not get it. That just means you're dumb as a rock and probably didn't graduate high school. Luckily, there is a place for pseudo-intellectuals such as yourself

>>>/reddit/

Out of all of the posts here THIS is the Reddit one

>he doesn't know the theory of judgment

oy.

>reddit tries to prove how smart he is to complete strangers on the internet
inferiority complex

what isnt reddit

>this is what southern hicks actually believe
fuck off

Dont care.

You sound like you need the safest of all spaces. Are you ok?

That picture kek.

But seriously who the fuck doesn't get R&M?

If you seriously don't understand the jokes and Rick and Morty make, you are retarded. The jokes don't even go that deep.

it shows

>samefag
>i'll try and make it reddit NOT to like reddit and memety
LMAO see-through as fuck

I've been a newfag for 6 years. Fuck off

I don't get why it's popular and why people proclaim it as great.

No, it's just the stupidity that these fucking normies bring here makes my head hurt. Can we just go back to like 2010 or earlier?

The first episode was really fucking funny. Kind of started going downhill from there.

meant for it's basically futurama 2.0. That's a compliment by the way

>this desperate attempt to save face on Sup Forums
pretty pathetic tbqh famalam

reddit

kill yourself dumbass

We have had this exact thread about 1 billion times already

Reddit and Memety is a good way to flush out redditors. I appreciate the show for that alone

which im neither

i will after this

Im not uneducated but you obviousley wont believe me

I didnt really say i didnt understand it i said i didn't think it was funny

I imagined him actually hitting the keys with his nose.

What I dislike about R&M is the creator's obnoxious lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to the show. The creators revel in their ironic detachment, exemplified most of all in their improv episodes. As if preemptively shielding themselves from criticism by releasing something deliberately half-assed. It is emblematic to me of the creator's lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in their own ability. Which would be understandable given the personalities behind the show itself.

Half-assing is only real philosophy of the creators, borrowing most of their plots straight from movies adding only their own irreverent brand of humor. The show is conceived & shaped through a click-bait understanding of science, a lifetime of media addiction & the only partially digested nietzschean philosophy of the creators. It knowingly spouts the kind of lazy, autodidact, self-serving, personal philosophy of those weaned in the information-era: "Nothing really matters so do whatever you want."

The show exudes a half-baked nihilism dressed up as cynical realism used to justify a shallow unexamined lifestyle of hedonistic "Dopamine is the greatest good". Ironically championed by those who consider themselves more knowledgeable than the rest of the world because they're armed with an internet connection and a wikipedia tab. It aims to make its audience feel smart & clever without making them think too hard. To validates the choices they've already made & reinforces their lifestyles. To makes them feel superior while downplaying their own shortcomings.

In other words. It's reddit.

Jokes about pointlessness/ungraspable vastness of the uni/multiverse, irrelevance of morality etc. juxtaposed with a vanilla sitcom cartoon setting a la Family Guy, The Simspons.

only a Sup Forums shitposter would spout memes and buzzwords to mask his lack of intelligence

>i'll try and make it reddit NOT to like reddit and memety
what the fuck are you talking about

This entire post is reddit

kill yourself

What I instill in my kids won't be justified by "it's tradition," you fucking moron. If something I instill in them happens to overlap with tradition, so be it. I didn't choose it because it's tradition, I chose it because it was logical or effective. Traditionalism is stupid not because every tradition is necessarily wrong. Traditionalism is stupid because unquestioningly doing what was done before is stupid.

Also, I'm the first person in the history of my family to possess an absurd amount of knowledge across thousands of different fields of study thanks to efficient use of unprecedented access to information. So no, I don't give a fuck what some relative chanting voodoo nonsense has to say about how I should raise my kids. I'll pick out the good aspects of the entire world's history of voodoo shit and leave 99% of the garbage in the trash where it belongs.

Because reddit thats why

futurama is far better than R&M

>caught samefagging
>i better try deflection
go bacķ to reddit lad you're too obvious to post here

Stale pasta

>What I dislike about R&M is the creator's obnoxious lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to the show. The creators revel in their ironic detachment, exemplified most of all in their improv episodes. As if preemptively shielding themselves from criticism by releasing something deliberately half-assed. It is emblematic to me of the creator's lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in their own ability. Which would be understandable given the personalities behind the show itself.

This is actually a fair criticism. It gives off a kind of "it's supposed to look like we don't put that much effort in! vibe"

>still trying to save face on Sup Forums
summerfag pls go

>89 posts
>26 hidden for mentioning reddit

This board is worse than Sup Forums.

Reddit and underaged

Congrats on being humorless my fellow "patrician"

On the real though, people like different things, it's not that hard to wrap your head around.

>another "OP is unable to comprehend the idea people have different tastes" thread

reddit and memey

>posts literally a minute apart
K E K

E

K

>being this edgy and contrarian and desperate for intellectual validation on a Thai shadow market forum

Bacķ to reddit samefag

The "zany space stuff" like the whole Beth letting Jerry go ahead with getting his penis cut off part isn't what's funny imo. The parts which really make me laugh is when morty and rick start going on about something when trying to explain it, usually they go into pointless depth or address trivial concerns. Also the episodes where they just watch tv are great