What are some films where the main character suffers a lot?

What are some films where the main character suffers a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/wgdtxv.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Deadpool

Your mom's biopic co-staring you

Downfall

>japanese cartoon

oy

happiness

Martyrs

Bastard out of Caroline.

shit that's a powerful stare

a.pomf.cat/wgdtxv.webm

Sympathy for Mr Vengeance

Only reason he suffered was because of hisself

My life

oldboy

In "Broken Flowers", [Bill Murray], who is an aged bachelor and player, decides to check up on his five ex-girlfriends, because he has reason to believe that he has a long-lost son, which he may share with one of them. And so he wants to find out.

Each encounter is worse than the last. The first one starts out very pleasantly, but the subsequent catch-ups turn from coldness to harrassment. At one point, Bill Murray is beaten up by a biker guy (another ex's current bf) and left in a field or something.

In the final sequence, Murray meets a young man who matches the long-lost son's general description, who very well may (or may not) in fact be [Bill Murray's] son. The young man very reluctantly agrees to have lunch with this strange man (Murray), and once Murray probes just a little too far, the young man runs off (or something). The point being that it's all been for nothing, and Murray has solved nothing. In fact, there's been no resolution to the plot. Bill Murray just stares emptily into the distance for several seconds, and the film ends.

>surrounded by and lives with attractive women, two of which want his dick
>is a local celebrity
>has a bunch of friends who care for him and love him
>pilots a giant fucking robot

Tell me more about how shinji """"suffered"""""

I've only seen part of this. (Thewlis' edgelord character is cringey and really, really hard to take) and from what I saw, the main takeaway seems to be that he (Thewlis' main character) is just a prick who thinks he's a lot smarter than he actually is.

daddy didn't love him

So?
He met dozens of other people who did

Depression is often not rational

And they all got btfo, leaving him alone again

my life

He was unsure if they loved him for being Shinji or for being the pilot of Unit-01.
All he wanted was that plain life that he saw in the last episode, with a loving mother and a father not scheming to destroy human individuality for some long lost poon.

Lol dude internet comix r da bomb

He was gay and daddy wouldn't love him enough to touch his wee-wee and fuck him in the ass.

The Passion of Joan of Arc

He only had one set of clothes and two tracks to listen to on cassette

>>pilots a giant fucking robot
Well there's a big red flag right there

How would you feel if someone plopped you into a Jet and told you to fly without any training before?