Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Yb-_oO6F7tY
clyp.it/scq0cj0i
youtube.com/watch?v=JtjOe5e9VFA
youtube.com/watch?v=0lR1tt24mo4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for Telecaster best guitar

Guthrie Govan is the best guitarist in the world and of all time prove me wrong.

>inb4 fourty year old "HENDRIX" "EMOTION AND FEEL" dads

The dude still wears his McDonalds name badge on his guitar strap occasionally. Pretty cool.

>arguing about BEST guitar players like a kid in a playground

he's your favorite, there is no best you prick

Except the fact that literally nobody else I can even think of matches his theory or technical ability, objectively

>moore
>not even Gary Moore
who is that fucking nobody

Uli Jon Roth

>Comparing a guitar player that sounds like he just shat on iron maiden leads to the man who made songs like Waves and Bad Asteroid

That's Efrim Menuck.

dude, uli doesn't just play rock, don't.

>still insisting there's a BEST guitarist like a 10 year old naming his favorite pokemon

end your worthless life

Robert Fripp

>yngwie memesteen playing here next month
>tickets only $25

surprised at how low tickets are going for desu. guess ill go see him.

I put flatwounds on my P-bass and I get it now. This sounds like all the P-basses I hear on records, and with the musicman humbucker in the bridge I have more sound variations available.
Daddario chromes by the way, so they still sound fairly sharp/snappy and not just like a dead thump.

There are lots who could match him in technical ability and theory knowledge.

Don't even respond to that guy he comes in all the time to shitpost about govan. It's probably roman.

How does /gg/ feel about my new side bitch? Planning on gutting the wiring and putting novak wide range humbuckers in it.

I love chromes. Is your MM ceramic or alnico? Do you run the coils series or parallel?

It looks pretty, is that a fake? Where'd you get it?

Alnico, the pickups are Delano PC5AL and MC5AL, I have a 3-way miniswitch for the humbucker, series, parallel or single coil.

No, serial number checks out. Rickenbacker 650a circa 1992. Got her off reverb. Previous owner did a "Kurt ballou" mod to it. Locking tuners, emg 81 bridge, emg H neck. I actually really love the neck pickup. Tons of gig wear, wouldn't be surprised if it was secretly Kurt's back up 650. Came with the original case and all the paper work.

John Fahey exists

lol

The world's best guitarist is almost certainly some classical guitarist you've never heard of. Guthrie-tier players are a dime a dozen.

Go to literally any Jazz jam and you'll find amateur guitarists who are better

Just tried jamming with a guy who only plays metalcore and doom. It didn't turn out so well.

are you more of a quake guy?

Some guy contacted me on a muso website, said he wanted to create experimental music, linked me his last band's youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yb-_oO6F7tY

So yeah, that's a big fucking NO from me. What with me not being 12 years old any more.

>who only plays

Yeah you were fucked from the start.

Where the FUCK do I find a replacement control cavity cover for this body? It's from an 80's BC Rich ASM guitar. Google isn't helping.

lol thats a huge stretch

You can cut one out pretty easy.

did u tried google?

>BC Rich

I wouldn't bother, buying a replacement shitty piece of plastic would cost more than the guitar is worth

Would a multi effects pedal work as an alternative for an amp as far as bedroom practice goes? Something like a vox tonelab or whatever that has a headphone input.

yes

Yes. In fact for headphone practice this is probably the best way. Get something with a looper.

Gotcha.

have a listen to The Creamery wide range humbuckers, I've got one one order for my partscaster, 4 week waiting list while he builds them but they should be here sometime this week

Ricks are fucking garbage. Pure hipster shit with square fucking necks and unlevel frets.

Line 6 Firehawk is how I made it through apartment life last year. Still use it alongside my pedalboard for stuff.

I've got one in the neck of my tele. It's great.

you're not that aussie guy who does all the demos of Creamery WRHB's on youtube are you?

I've got one of his Tele pickups too, that's a stunning pickup. The new partscaster is getting two Creamery Alt 64's with the WRHB, he's got to be the best boutique pickup maker around today.

>Pure hipster shit with square fucking necks and unlevel frets.

Is that intentional or just awful QC? I've heard nothing but good things about Rics

Nay that ain't me. I'm just a nobody session musician.

The frets are perfect and the neck profile is anything but square on a 650. Read a fuckin book ya dingus.

You aren't wrong, Govan is the best. Frederick Thorendal comes close, but Guthrie is a genius and I don't think anybody can match his knowledge

With what? A bandsaw and some plexiglass?

Just buy some blank pickguard material, loads of luthier supllies places sell it

Do you think this ugly? I'm thinking about getting it (1000$ US)

Looks good. Maybe take the pickup covers out and spray paint them green to match the body and contrast with the white pickguard.

I've got an edgebound Tele and there's times when I wish it was rounded over a bit so it didn't dig into my forearm so much

I'd say try before you buy and if you notice it's wearing a groove in your forearm then walk away

The best part about buying an ugly guitar is reselling it for half of what you originally paid for it in three months.

>I've heard nothing but good things about Rics
The Emperor has no clothes.

I've had nothing but issues with Ricks. Tried several, even owned two. Tried to make them work. Gave up.

Get buttflustered hipster.

another pic

I don't think it's actually edge bound, looks like it's just the top wood. My tele doesn't have a forarm groove and it's never bothered me.

I'm already getting it used. From what I found they're the same quality as Suhr guitars (same thin neck profile, but with ebony) but waaaay cheaper. I might just wait for another one with a nicer finish.

Why didn't you like pi/gg/? I made him nice to everyone?

What is the best written metal song ever in history and why is it Orion?

He was ok, it's just that I felt the anti-capitalist message was a little too strong and on the nose roman. You have plenty of other good baits, don't let one bad one get you down friend

>best metal song
>memetallica

anyways the best metal song is currently Curse You All Men! by Emperor

I didn't intend pi/gg/ to be anti-capitalist, I was going more for the futility of materialism.

Yeah, it just didn't work buddy. Try to pick up on the Govan posting. Also speaking like a dad who peaked in his high school blues rock band and going on and on about boutique fender hot rod amps is sure to rustle jimmies

How much does a new speaker improve tone? I want to replace my Blue Marvel with a Vintage 30

ok, his name can be pi/gg/u from now on.

I don't know if pi/gg/u was supposed to be bait, I didn't think about it enough before I started posting him I guess. Maybe I'll do a thing with him where if someone needs help /gg/ can call on pi/gg/u and he will try to actually help. Also, maybe not because I'm fuckin' lazy.

So my guitar instructor doesn't really correct my form as much as he should (too late to change now, moving soon anyway) and I've come to realize my techniques are somewhere between "not 100% right" and "completely wrong, stop" - I've been playing about six years but got REALLY lazy (read: insomnia fucking up my life) over the last 3ish

My strumming is really bad, my picking is probably not right, my left hand doesn't even look close to correct when playing and so on, any good ways to fix this with online resources? Everything I read tends to contradict eachother, especially with holding a pick properly and where to place the left thumb on the neck

"Improve" is subjective but it changes it drastically. Vintage 30's have a significant mid spike which can be grating, but is easily fixed by rolling back the mids and highs a bit. It's also really good for clear high gain that cuts through but if you want a darker tone I wouldn't use it

pi/gg/u should offer helpful advice when summoned, but always in the form of riddles or half-truths

I'm trying to get a 70s Sabbath into an EVH sound.

The best thing you can do is practice while paying attention to your weak areas. Unless you're aiming for classical jazz master level, what's best is what sounds the best for you. Most instructional sites are just regurgitating their writers' personal preferences.

I'm more or less trying to spot my weak areas, what's wrong specifically and how to correct them

Yeah they are perfect for that kinda stuff. V30's are pretty much the go to speaker match for 5150's so it'll get you the Van Halen sound and Black Sabbath. pretty much every genre of metal sounds good on them. I play death metal with a 6505 through them and despite most people telling you to get a closed back for higher gain I actually prefer an open back cab with these to help soften the mid spike

That's what sucks, I can't be here 24/7 like I used to. pi/gg/u could only appear a few times a day at best and he'd have to take a back set to my bait if I think there's a thirsty bitch itt chomping at the bit to fight.

>Want an E-bow
>They're a hunnit dollars
>No one will trade me one
>Don't want to spend that much money on a novelty but also don't want to keep using a screwdriver and cello bow like a barbarian

I bought one. I used it for a week and it's been sitting on my nightstand for the last 6 months untouched. Save your money.

Shit is aesthetic as fuck. Need more pictures.

Can you get some cool sounds out of it if you have a /shugazi/ rig?

>Rickenbacker
>EMG's

literally you

> /shugazi/ rig

Don't talk to me

What was your second guitar /gg/? everybody has seen the shitty squier starter pack everyone gets, but what did you get after playing a few years and wising up to what makes a guitar good? pic related was my second after my sam's club starcaster starter kit

MiM P bass.

If you want to bow something buy a cello.

A lot of techniques with playing guitar, and instruments in general, come down to your biology and preferences. Holding a pick for instance is a very personal thing. What you need to remember when it comes to choosing the right styles for yourself is that you want your playing to be relaxed, tension free, and as economical as possible. More tension will only tire you quickly and prevent you from moving quickly. Your movements should only be as big as you need to hit the string, and no more. Same thing with your pinky, it should be as close to the strings as possible as much as you can manage. With your thumb you'll usually want it to be in the center of the neck at the apex of the curve, lined up between your index and middle finger. It can help to study other instrument techniques because these same ideas apply all of them.

They're worth it if you make experimental music. Bought one probably 10 years ago, never regretted it once.

not really my thing, but if you like it and it plays well, then don't let my opinion stop you

Looks like a cheesy 80s guitar you would find in a pawn shop.

Black MIM strat that I still use to this day.

One year of guitar ownership
still can't play a fucking barre chord
still can't keep a consistent practice schedule
still can't develop calluses

I just wanna fucking die, why did I ever think I could do this

just try to dedicate like 30 minutes a day for now to learn and practice, and I guarantee you'll start improving. don't get down on yourself, just try to stay committed!

>it will never be the 80s again

I started getting callus after a week, what are you doing?

>Have an idea for a particular sound/style of music I want to make
>Record a demo on my own and recruit a few friends to help out
>They never want to practice and take the music in a completely different direction
>End up feeling super miserable because I don't like how we sound and we clearly have radically different aspirations for the project
>Too late to change anything since we have a show coming up
Next time should I even bother playing with people or should I just record it on my own?
It seems super depressing to just do it by myself and I really do want to swap ideas and make it a collaborative thing but obviously this time it didn't work and I can't really think of anyone else who would be interested
I have all the recording gear to just do it myself too

kick them out you doormat

bruv you posted in the last thread. what did i tell you?

what type of music you trying to make?

Quick /gg/, post a clyp of what you've been working on

Forgot link

clyp.it/scq0cj0i

Idk why I would bother kicking them out when all we have is a single demo and a name
They can have it for all I give a shit
Plus maybe it wouldn't be so bad jamming with them if I had something else I could actually take sort of seriously
Sorry if I'm being a pain in the ass I just don't know who else to talk to about this

Mostly just 80's Wipers/Mission of Burma-sounding post punk
Probably not the most original thing in the world but I figured I would work out the details later when I actually knew who I was playing with

it's not kicking them out if you leave though. unless they're your close friends I don't see how this situation is that hard to squeeze out of. you can be a total pussy and just text them if you have to

>unless they're your close friends
They are. That's the entire problem. I live right down the hall from one of them.
It pisses me off that they don't take me seriously but it seems pointless to burn bridges for no reason when I could just fuck off and let them do it themselves

daily reminder that you're literally all plebs

youtube.com/watch?v=JtjOe5e9VFA

youtube.com/watch?v=0lR1tt24mo4

nice. are you an opeth fan? reminds me of them

at least i can walk lmao