New King Gizz

What do y'all think of the new track?

youtube.com/watch?v=4zUPTPlkqDg

Fucking awesome, call me a pleb all you want but King Gizzard is the most exciting rock band in the world right now if you ask me

This.

Fuck Tame Impala. King Gizzard is the best band right now

>pic related

tracks. plural.

This is literally the final third of the album.

It's amazing btw.

QUADS

I agree, I like Tame Impala, but since I got into King Gizz, it's just not even close.

even more excited for their new stuff now

What's the gimmick this album? I thought they were all supposed to have one.

The story and overarching themes

its so tasteless. i loved

>tfw a pleb steals your quads

HAHAHAHAHA

kys

So fucking heavy, I was lucky and copped that limited edition from ATO before it sold out.

Bold choice to release so much of the album like this, and it's the finale too. At this point, I don't even know how Tame Impala and King Gizzard come up in the same conversation. Pick up the pace, Kevin, you're becoming irrelevant really fast.

Gizz has put out three solid records since the last time Tame put out one mediocre one.

>three solid records

already told you to fucking kill yourself

wow all these paid shills trying to shit on Tame Impala when we all know Tame Impala are light years better than this garbage Burger Records excuse for a band

Does the whole, "AWHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE" sound need to be in every song? This is a good song but that sound is so stale at this point.

They've tapered off on that after nonagon

Fully agree man. Ever since I've discovered these guys, I've been playing them nonstop.

pic related best album btw

How much did they pay you?

it's time to stop posting, Kevin

not even same person but ok dude

you sound mad

Gizz isn't interesting but anything is fucking better than Reddit impala

Might as well further your embarrassment and defend mac demarco

First song sounds really good

So are these guys the Devin Townsend of the '10s?

"The Devin Townsend of psych rock" seems pretty fitting.

dungen > goat > gizz/tame

plebs need not respond

ok I like all three

i listed 4 bands...

>Tame Impala
>irrelevant in the 2010s

It really is

The talk about vomit and shit was really confusing. What's it mean?

oh god dammit

They rule. Being an ausfag fan from years means I've been lucky enough to see them like a dozen times over the years. Insanely good live band.

I think Mind Fuzz is the album most representative of their sound, but album rankings go
Nonagon > Mind Fuzz > Float Along > 12 Bar > Flying Microtonal > Paper Mache > Oddments > Quarters > Eyes Like the Sky

I like everything since, but I think they took more time to nail the production on that one, sounds a bit more thought out and clean.

They use it to assert that vomiting, nausea, and making a mess is very much part of the human experience that an android or cyborg would not understand. Once the story moves to the cyborg/creation fusion, basically the vomit forms a dichotomy between this weird creature growing larger and larger and absorbing the universe and the things in it, encompassing ever deeper conceptual ideas, and something as primal and simple as vomit.

I wanted to quickly compliment you for your very good, very accurate take before some fuckwit on here calls you a name

Is anyone else a little disappointed that it looks like crumbling castle isn't on this?

Maybe it could be a smaller part of a jam you can kind of hear a similar riff on vomit coffin during the first spoken word part

Could be one of the next three for the year?

quads dont lie

>when your parents ask where all your money went

I would maybe swap Mind Fuzz with Nonagon but apart from that perfect rankings

Yeah I go back and forth on those two. I think seeing them live on the Nonagon tour a few times just pushes it a little higher but they both rule.
ty for agreeing my user

I don't know I doubt they have any solo work complete enough to perform on stage yet

I think the most likely thing is that its either a part of another song or just has a different name

Tame Impala is not even close to good. at least King Gizz released Paper Mache, which is an actually decent album

Go record Lonerism Pt. 2, Kevin

Actually

Mind Fuzz>Quarters>Nonagon>Banana>Float Along>Oddments>12 Bar>Eyes Like the Sky

King Gizzard really would benefit from actually sitting down and whittling down their track-lists; they have a strong setup and obviously talent but put out so much weak, barely distinguishable shit

This is pretty cool, but outside of the (great and interesting) spoken word segments it sounds like more of the same

I think this albums concept was inspired by the short story 'I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream'.
You should give it a read if you haven't, it only takes like 15 minutes, it's pretty good desu.

Have you ever considered that maybe you just don't like king gizzard? I will admit they use a lot of the same quirks but in my opinion all their albums are unique enough that it hasn't gotten too stale

No I like them and their sound, I just feel fatigued by the output because while their approach to albums remains interesting enough the actual application of each album's quirks just seems too superficial to justify an albums worth of content each time they go about trying something new

all those bands are fantastic except tame impala

they could be so much more than they are

I understand your feeling of fatigue

I wouldn't mind or even be surprised if after this year they took a break

shame 12 Bar is lesser known, I love that fucking album. I agree with this order except I'd but Mind Fuzz first then swap Float Along and 12 Bar

I loved it, the robot voice is great

really would like to actually enjoy king gizzard, but the music is so repetitive

Dubs-check Quads love King Gizz

This chapter is absolutely disgusting
I felt sick listening to it and I love it

Anyone have a download link? This next album's gonna be great

I wish i could get into this band, but the vocals are always so bland to me....

love it, sabbath worship never gets old

I don't even pay attention to them.

Whole album was up for a second on bandcamp but I've yet to hear of anyone successfully ripping it.

Can we all agree that the spoken word parts are pleb filters?

yes, tons of posts on their facebook page saying that it ruined the song but its the best part
instant plebs b gone

They were cool, but the instrumentals going on under them sounded great too, so I get why people feel they ruined the song. Would love to hear those instrumentals

lmao you listen to fucking King Gizzard you're both fucking tasteless plebs

>people pretending it's not some super shitty spoken word with cringe lyrics

if radiohead wasn't able to pull it off why the heck did they think they could, it's gonna bring the album down from an 8 to a 6 if it's as bad for the earlier half of the album

this man is right, op delete the thread

>I am a black hole shitting into the void

oh this shill is still here

dude, kevin is likely not going to recover from currents, sorry to brake it to you

I enjoy the narrative they provide. I haven't listened to all of Eyes Like the Sky, but it is nice that this one has actual chorus parts where the band goes wild. It serves to break up the spoken word.

I don't mind anything about the style of this release; if someone isn't a fan of spoken word, wait for their next piece which will be improv Jazz, or refer to any of their older work. Part of what makes Gizz great is their gimmicky innovation, but they could just as easily coast on any of these sounds they have produced over the last several years.

Their international TV debut is on Conan on the 17th, and this band could explode and change as we know them following that. I'm just here to enjoy the ride.

So the Altered Beast edition of the LP is gonna be the one to own, right?

I think we can all agree that Floating Fire looks garb next to the cover tho.

ashes of the universe is the best one but its already gone

>grey and clear swirl

Everyone and their grandma has heaps of records with grey and white swirl.

haha ! cool man!

why do people compare King Gizzard to Tame Impala.

King Gizz is groove luck rock
Tame Impala is hippysterdelic rock

They are two completely different things.

straya

gizz is psych as fuck