youtube.com/watch?v=Hth_i5-K7Qc
youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg
youtube.com/watch?v=m6pSfB7ZZhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post some good (((zionist))) music goy

first for starter packs

is Cosmos an actually good book or is it pop-science trash
i've been thinking about picking it up from the library

I honestly have no idea. Just go ask /sci/, I'm sure they'll tell you.
Flood is one of the great contemporary albums. Just shrugging it off as Sup Forumscore trash is making a mistake.

Again, I don't think that Boris is some sort of GOAT metal group. Flood just turned out very very very well due to a tight thematic focus and excellent and creative production. No other Boris album comes even close to it.

>sodom

yeah, stopped reading there

hehe, poop

my listening last week

there are like 3 "riffs" on the entire album and the heavy section lasts for about 5 minutes. however good you think it is, it's a lot closer to post-rock than metal so saying it was some sort of blessing to the genre is silly

anyway i like it but the extended lp version of pink is my favourite boris. you should check out isis - panopticon if you haven't already

+
>some of the precussion is nice
>album wrapped up nicely and had a good flow
-
>extremely generic production
>fails to be unique or innovative enough

I expected it to be worse, but the above-average genre album isn't better than Flood.

everyone and their mother has listened to Flood here, and shitposting in /metal/ to show off your "special snowflake" taste thinking you know shit better than everyone else is futile and makes you look like a fool 2bh senpai

>Prowler
>generic production
>not unique
can you please expand on this?

Guys im making a yacht metal chart this weekend and I need you to find me some albums

>t's a lot closer to post-rock than metal
Yeah that's what makes it good
>it's popular, therefore it's bad

>it's popular, therefore it's bad
do you have reading issues? I literally didn't even implied that anywhere
goddamn Sup Forums tourists are the worst

Boris: not fast
Pig Destroyer: fast

Boris: not good
Pig Destroyer: good

>prominent, loud guitar
>confined and fairly flat soundscape (this isn't always a bad thing)
>grand, echoy vocals

The precussion was interesting at parts and the final third of the album had some interesting drone-y and experimental parts, but it sounded like a slightly more dirty Metallica otherwise.

>extremely generic production
>fails to be unique or innovative enough

how would you know, given that you don't listen to metal? i wonder how many deathgrind albums you've heard which are similar to prowler in the yard, which also predate prowler in the yard? and what would you consider "innovative enough"?

and these are really your biggest complaints? in that case it would seem like you're listening to metal for the wrong reasons

if you admit it's a lot closer to post rock than metal then why are you trying to use it as some kind of a standard to judge metal albums?

>but it sounded like a slightly more dirty Metallica otherwise

>but it sounded like a slightly more dirty Metallica otherwise.

Flood is shit, mate. Repeating the same guitar loop for 15 minutes isn't good, it's just dull.

> it sounded like a slightly more dirty Metallica otherwise
Production wise, not stylistically
>how would you know, given that you don't listen to metal?
I listen to some metal every now and then.
> i wonder how many deathgrind albums you've heard which are similar to prowler in the yard
Chainsaw Dismemberment is probably the closest thing to it I've listened.
>and what would you consider "innovative enough"?
If it was interesting or experimental in a way that advanced the genre.
>he needs his hand held by catchy chords

>they want something that's inventive while being actually metal
>they don't listen to Blacklodge

>he needs his hand held by catchy chords

No, I want actual musical substance and creativity, not a lazy hack job like Flood.

>>he needs his hand held by catchy chords
go to bed Bull of Heaven

>"innovative enough"?
I'm one song into the Red Sky and it's already doing more interesting things with the genre.
Listen to it again, but louder. Flood doesn't even really need that big of an attention span to appreciate. My four year old daughter picked up on the themes of Flood I, I'm sure you can do it too if you try.

new album when

any metal with intellectual lyrics? something that deals with political, social, philosophical, religious and racial issues?

Tankard, Destruction

>he thinks metalfags don't listen to shit on top volume
lmao are you for real nigga

>what is Anal Cunt
>what is literally all nsbm

which one will reinforce my existing beliefs?

>four year old is able to appreciate album
>this is somehow an argument in favour of the innovative power of said album

anyway innovation is a poor benchmark to use as an indicator of quality. motorhead released the same album for 40 years and i enjoyed more than one of them. if all you're interested in is innovation then you miss out on great bands who refine existing formulas without innovating or being wildly unique

protector

You're right, it doesn't need an attention span to appreciate because it takes 10+ minutes to make any meaningful progressions. It's boring.

The largest problem is that some of the science is out of date.

That doesn't make it any less of a good read, unless you'll notice that stuff.

Well?

how long until "I'm 99 and my taste is fucking superior"

pseudo-immortality will turn life into an obscene nightmare

i've been running out of ways to make fun of myself since about 23 so it will probably be a stretch

> Glam Metal but it's too aggressive for me.

I listen to glam because it's less agressive than what is norammly considered metal nowadays

Can't you guys at least make these funny?

Post normie filters.

whoever's spending this much time doing this should start doing non-meme charts

>>four year old is able to appreciate album
>>this is somehow an argument in favour of the innovative power of said album
I mean, there are people like who are probably missing all the actual content of the album except for the transitional parts. Instead of engaging with the theme, they grasp it, think they've understood it and then stay waiting for the next idea.

Some innovation is required to make great art. Extreme refinement and can be an innovation as well, just look at Dylan. Artists can also grow old and just get stale. Also look at Dylan. I don't think anyone would consider Motörhead some sort of GOAT band. They're good for some lighthearted enjoyment, but I don't think any idea can be interesting for 40 albums.

This is not to say that metal is somehow a bad. Pretty much every genre is 95% terrible.

>324
fukken nice
first time i see the mentioned i think

it is funny dweeb

this is a good one - if you enjoy any suffocation releases after this one, you basically out yourself as a normie

>I don't think anyone would consider Motörhead some sort of GOAT band.
you'd be goddamn wrong
they're kind of a one trick pony but still their sound pleased a lot of people

Post based Jews in Metal

Scott Ian
Geddy Lee
David Lee Roth
Chuck Schuldiner
Marty Friedman
Alex Skolnick
Mike Portnoy
Dee Snyder
Dave Mustaine
Lars Ulrich

This makes no sense lmao

Some people also think that AC/DC has musical merit. Nobody with broad and varied musical taste thinks that Motörhead is some sort of pinnacle of music.

>Geddy Lee
>metal

>Nobody with broad and varied musical taste thinks that Motörhead is some sort of pinnacle of music.
Yet a lot of people show appreciation for them, whether they have a solid musical background or not
You seem to judge the quality of the music solely on innovation, which is a mistake in itself, music doesn't have to be original to sound good, and music isn't automatically good as long as what is played has never been done before
Apart from that, you may have forgotten one important factor which is the timeline in which motorhead started making music
name one single band before them that had this typical heavy, grunting sound they have.

What does /metal/ think of In Flames?

to say overkill was innovative would be a pretty big understatement

metul as fuck

Used to be brety gud, now they're not even a metal band anymore

i thought motorhead was the first speed metal band

Egypt on Sup Forums wow wee

>put legitimately good albums on a chart
>haha pranked u /metal/ xD

I've tried to get into black metal multiple limes but it just too boring

I tried this album but sounded like just one big riff and nothing else

>Instead of engaging with the theme, they grasp it, think they've understood it and then stay waiting for the next idea.

Engaging with a theme that has no depth or underlying value to reveal is boring.

listen to Burzum, they're way better

Give me some double bass that will cave my head in

what genres do you like

listen to it again

mostly trad, glam and power

DEMOLITION HAMMER

check out the first 2 dissection albums

try these
youtube.com/watch?v=9at2CZPpwTk
youtube.com/watch?v=pG0NkesIc-Q
youtube.com/watch?v=SuoR8wEW0Bo

yes, that is the joke

listen to it again

then listen to burzum - hvis lyset tar oss and darkthrone - transilvanian hunger until you like all 3 of them

i believe it was a meme for a couple threads to make those "my taste is fucking superior" charts with just whatever albums people mentioned it in the thread

> Be into slam
> Most slam sounds like this

You're all faggots, you faggots.

youtube.com/watch?v=Hth_i5-K7Qc

Not sure if false or ultimate nu-male filter.

>Yet a lot of people show appreciation for them, whether they have a solid musical background or not
Popularity=!Merit
>You seem to judge the quality of the music solely on innovation,
Wrong. I don't even think Flood was that innovative, they're exactly what you're describing - they took a pretty established sound and added a strong thematic focus.

I mean, novelty is important, but it's not the end-all-be-all. I enjoy some fairly derivative albums as well and consider them great.
>Apart from that, you may have forgotten one important factor which is the timeline in which motorhead started making music
Influential album=!Automatically good

I don't doubt they were very important to metal 's development in the beginning, but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to change their sound over time or at least try new and interesting things.

>melodeath

youtube.com/watch?v=CeZlih4DDNg

>I don't understand it, therefore everyone else that likes it is pretending
That's some advanced insecurity right there.

>2017
>listening to subgenres

> I suck away till nothing remains
> Slam
> 2017

U srs faggots?

youtube.com/watch?v=m6pSfB7ZZhk

I just turned into a nu-male, thanks

Give me 1 (ONE) reason why melodeath is bad
>protip; you can't

Biggest sellout since Metallica

t. DMU shitter

commercial verse-chorus crap with metalcore riffs

cheers dude

>but that doesn't mean that they shouldn't try to change their sound over time or at least try new and interesting things.
I think this really depends on the mindset of the artist
Lemmy and the guys never claimed their music as high art, but they obviously loved making music, and that's part of the charm surrounding them.

>darkthrone - transilvanian hunger
great album but shit starter
A Blaze in The Northern Sky is their best for black metal newbs

Why don't you explain why Flood is good instead of strawmanning like a faggot?

+
>Good use of genre roots through folk instruments
>Sharp precussion
>Varied guitar compositions
>Some of the vocal parts
>Much more interesting production
-
>Somewhat uncohesive as a whole, lots of scattered ideas that aren't realized fully
>Some of the tempo swaps felt schizophrenic
>Some of the vocal parts

It's pretty good, I don't think it's better than Flood, but it's not embarassing generic genreshit like that other album.

Sure, but I'd say that makes them enjoyable, not good.

Its so fucking true it hurts
In Flames used to be my favorite band, I fucking loved their old albums (still do, especially Colony) but ever since Sounds of a Playground Fading came out, they went to shit. SOPGF is bearable to a certain degree, but its not as good as their older albums.

It hurts so fucking much

Meh, that's not much of a difference in my book
to each his own i guess

Delete this

Bretty gud through Soundtrack to Your Escape.

Then the selling out became too obvious.

Fellow Trad/Power fan here, the only black metal I enjoy is Ulver's debut, it's very melodic and beautiful.

Judas Iscariot

I think we both enjoy McDonalds (or any other fast food place of choice), but that doesn't make them good food. Just easy, fast and not very challenging.
There's just a ton of attention to detail in pretty much every moment, and all that detail works to reinforce the one central theme of the album. That's probably the strongest side of the album. Figuring out how it all fits together is part of the fun user.

I don't know half of the records but k