TFA hate

Why does Sup Forums hate this movie so much?

Everyone I know thought it was good. I thought it was alright, better than the prequels atleast.

Is it just hip to hate on big budget movies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ
youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288
youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Your time is ending, Reyfags.

I know. That's why I'm preparing my folder for Felicity/Jynn.

Because manchild nostalgia. TFA had its flaws and was far too derivative, but anyone who calls it horrible is exaggerating a hell of a lot. It had the best actors of the whole series and most of the new characters were at least interesting.

make her bald and all green and she's Jim Carey in the mask

>Is essentially a remake of Episode 4
>Brings nothing new to the world of Star Wars, even the ships are lifted straight from the OT
>Ma-Rey Sue (215 replies and 130 images omitted, click reply to view)
>Ends on a cliffhanger and leaves a lot of questions unanswered, whereas every Star Wars film beforehand knew how to wrap things up while still making each film feel like their own separate episode
>Jew Jew Abrams special effects and writing
>Overall the whole film feels like wasted potential and seems to have been made primarily to pander to nostalgia, fake nerds, and SJWs

fuck this movie Rebels just became kino

GRAND ADMIRAL THRAWN
youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

You always know a movie is pretty good when it's impossible for Sup Forums to critique without resorting to brain dead meaningless memes (jews, Mary Sue, SJWs, prequel defense, etc. etc.) and TFA is probably the best example of this.

>There are actual paid Disney shills on this board right now, who will desperately defend their shitty cash-grab flick to the death

You'd better hope Rogue One is good, or Star Wars is finished.

It was honestly extremely unoriginal, and didn't really feel like true star wars. James Cameron pretty much said they same thing. I prefer George's six movies and wish he had made the new ones. Maybe the next ones will be better though.

I was a kid/teenager when I saw the prequels and OT so nostalgia will always make me biased

I'm not biased about this one though, and while not bad it was forgettable. I saw it twice and probably won't see it a third time. It felt like I was watching a Marvel movie, somewhat entertaining but nothing more

At first I thought it was pretty good, but the rape scene really just comes out of nowhere and ruins the tone for the rest of the film.

This. At least it was the closest Rey ever came to having some kind of character development, until she cut Kylo's dick off with the hilt of his lightsaber and started fucking his ass with it using the force.

>>George's six movies

George was an excellent idea man but a crappy writer and a sub par director at best. If it wasn't for his ex wife's amazing editing skills, and real writers stepping in to fix George's childish dialogue, Star Wars wouldn't of gotten past the first movie.

>he fell for the Mrs. Lucas' Magical Editing meme

It was honestly boring. Only good thing about it was the black dude. Having the old cast felt forced and honestly besides luke they had no reason to be in the movie.

It just felt like 'oh we need to do this. Lets make a call back to this and make sure we touch on this. People will love this scene too because it happened in a previous film!' Shit was just going by the numbers and it was boring.

because it's not a movie it's montage of homage's to the original SW posing as a movie

I grew up watching Star Wars, and I absolutely loved TFA

So much better than those dreadful, soulless prequels

They let JJ put his hands on it

it really wasn't good. i wouldn't call it a bad film, but it was a mediocre summer blockbuster. definitely not worthy of the star wars name. felt like some marvel shit with a star wars skin slapped onto it.

>Why does Sup Forums hate this movie so much?
>Everyone I know thought it was good
Literally answered your own question. I wouldn't say it's bad but it is painfully mediocre. The official SW ranking is as follows:

5 > 4 > 3 > 6 > 7 > 1 > 2

Any prequel that is placed as being superior to any of the original three is foolish.

5-4-6-7-3-2-1

>7 above 3
Its 5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 > 1 > 2

Sup Forums is, by nature, contrarian. We also live in an era where many people who post here saw their first star wars movie in 1999 and it was the Phantom Menace, so that permanently warped their opinion of what a Star Wars movie should be like, so they bitch and moan TFA doesn't follow the prequel mold and instead is a thematic and spiritual descendant of the OT

>hurr durr why no exposition? I need to be told what characters are thinking in detail because I'm too stupid to understand characters unless they wear emotions on their sleeves
>hurr durr why aren't there politics? I need my fictional universe explained to me in detail so I can fill out an autistic wookiepedia article
>hurr durr why isn't Kylo Ren a generic badass edgelord like every prequel villain?
>dude why the FUCK did Rey win? Kylo Ren had 20 years of jedi training school and over 9000 midichlorians he should have won because the prequels told me the Force is DBZ power levels!!!!

TFA is, at the very least, a competently made and acted film, compared to the prequels which are fundamentally broken on every level and amateurish in craft. The absolute worst you can say about TFA is that it borrows elements from the original films (which the prequel trilogy is JUST AS, if not MORE so, guilty of doing), but I'm willing to forgive it because TFA is a story about how the new generation is influenced by the legend of those who came before, as well as a meta commentary on the nature of Star Wars itself.

>The star wars that came out when i was a kid is the one true star wars

3 being better than 6 has been the official Sup Forums approved opinion for years now. Reddit might be more to your speed, friend.

It was better than all of the prequels and it was a good starting point for upcoming movies.
It wasn't the greatest fucking movie ever made like people here think people think it was.

The prequels are directly antithesis to what the original trilogy represents. As the original trilogy came first, and they aren't complete failures of storytelling and filmmaking like the prequels, most people consider it the true Star Wars, yes.

keep pretending the prequels weren't universally reviled by everyone who was older than five when the phantom menace came out.

It doesn't even feel like a Star Wars movie, feels more like someone is cashing in on the psuedo-fake nerd/geek trend since they know it rakes in mad sheckles, the entire movie feels like one giant Family Guy joke or something where it runs off on a tangent describing things that happened in the Original Trilogy or someone who has a passing knowledge of Star Wars and tried to staple things together and it turned out badly.

Its not good.

It's the ghost busters 2 of starwars.

I can't wait to watch this the night before Episode 8 comes out. Going to feel real good seeing them back to back.

It was a lot like ghost busters 2016. Well not as bad perhaps, but it felt like one of those fan fiction things that some one spent extra money on because they had a few more dollars than everyone else. mary sue Rey was bad,like really bad. But she's adorable if you look at the rest of this mess of a movie. The rebel resistance shitfest, the Luke walking away, the Han being in space conveniently so that Rey could find him, that Leia hugging some dumb bitch she just met after Han died. That fucking star killer death star, I can shoot any planet wherever however and wipe out entire solars systems. What a sodding mess, this.

Problems I had with it:
>Movie felt way too short
>So many plotholes such as how the Empire were able to build a massive Death Star carved into a planet in only 30 years when all the Empire were defeated
>Movie should have begun when Kylo was dropped off at Luke's Jedi Academy: as we get to know him more and why he joined the dark side
But of course due to JJ wanting to make an absolute copy of A New Hope: we had to begin the movie with Kylo in the mask and Stormtroopers massacring an area just like A New Hope begins
>JJ should have gone with the original script idea where Luke is met earlier in the film and Rey and Luke go on adventures together as they track down ancient artifacts - this then would have let Luke come face to face with Han and eventually Leia and all 3 of the original team would have been reunited
>Rey is a Mary Sue: absolutely makes no sense with how she knows everything about the force; is able to do Jedi mind tricks without anyone teaching her... if JJ filmed a scene with her reading a book about the Jedi myths or about Han explaining to her about the force then it would have all made sense - only way for it to now make sense is if Rey is a reincarnation of Anakin which explains why all powers come easy to her
>Luke would never abandon all his friends and become a hermit (again JJ is doing this just so Episode 8 is exactly like ESB with Rey going to be trained with a Yoda like wise Jedi).
>Why the fuck does Rey need to be trained? She is a Mary Sue who knows everything? She almost beat a Sith Lord (who cares if he was injured).
>The lack of Prequel content (such as no prequel planet ever mentioned) disturbed me greatly
>Disney better not make Rey become the princess of the Galaxy or some shit as she defeats Kylo - that would be too predictable. I am hoping Rey becomes the Sith lord while Kylo is redeemed.

I was a teenager when TPM came out

I thought it was okay, but figured the next installments would be better, since TPM did a lot of world-building

Oh how naive I was

The movie is legitimately great when Kylo Ren is on-screen. Everything with Rey, Ford and Dindu was trash though. The worldbuilding also sucked.

Ren was a great character though. He brought all the lore to life.

I'm glad retards like you don't write movies, you need everything spoonfed to you and that's why we got the boring exposition drones that were the prequels

Only good thing to come out of TFA was Finn and Poe
My biggest gripes with the film were Rey, and the fact that despite only having one real lightsaber duel they stuck with what made lightsaber duels stupid in the prequels and as a result the sequences still feel weightless and flat. Too much style and not enough substance, something that was telegraphed perfectly in the OT. Still liked the X-wing sequences though. Poe da best.

Still better than
>The droid you seek is aboard the Millennium Falcon in the hands of your father, Han... Solo.

You're a fucking retard. I'm not ironically shitposting, I'm seriously informing you you're a retard.

Anybody who isn't a knuckle dragging halfwit chimp can see that Jew Jew Abrams, and subsequently Disney, literally just reskinned A New Hope. The story has the exact same fucking premise, settings, themes and motifs with shoehorned nigger and women protagonists to pander to the progressives of the 21st century whilst changing the primary antagonist to a master edgelord which reverberates strongly in the millennial adderall popping, tantrum throwing generation. If you genuinely can't see that it's an exact reskin of Lucas' 1977 masterpiece, you are a retard. And if you like watching the exact same story, retold in a dumbed down way, you are a retard.

Also Lucas was an unsung visionary youtube.com/watch?v=pWvoFE7W288

So wasn't Kylo trained since he was a child by luke? cause that's how jedis are trained correct?
So hes just as old or older than Rey and has been training since childhood right?

Like how the fuck did he job so hard?

One can't be spoonfed shit, unless that one is you, of course. It was shit, the entire thing. If they'd stuck to the previous version and had Luke hand Ren his cumuppance then fans would have seen Rey as a novice set to inherit the title of Jedi Knight and hero of the galaxy. But because Disney and Jar Jar can't into hero's journey, we get this mess of a film.

>Anybody who isn't a knuckle dragging halfwit chimp can see that Jew Jew Abrams, and subsequently Disney, literally just reskinned A New Hope.

This isn't new, they already admitted to it in interviews.Why are we still acting like this is some conspiracy theory?

>keep pretending the prequels weren't universally reviled by everyone who was older than five when the phantom menace came out.

youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg

They all look pretty satisfied to me.

>hurr durr muh jews muh ess jay double yous boogeyman nigger kikes feminism mary sue!

Yeah, maybe Snoke realistically wouldn't have told Kylo his dad's name, but that's not even a bad line otherwise. You're going to have to do better if you're going to keep shilling for the prequels

He jobbed so hard because J.J. and Disney needed a Tiara Princess who could into magic by film's end because Disney don't do trilogy character arcs. You know they have toys and theme rides to sell and if ghost busters is any indication, girls need anything female on screen who are bad asses even if they're not and especially if the movie vehicle they're in is shit.

Because it's the apotheosis of low-effort "Let's not take risks, let's just buy out an existing franchise and shit out some remakes" corporate design-by-committee thinking that nerds obsessed with proving their nerd cred ate up because DUDE JJ ABRAMS LMAO.

And to top it all off they basically just ripped off A New Hope to do so.

>I'm glad retards like you don't write movies
So in other words: you hate Chapter 1 of any book and of a movie?

The Force Awakens is like Chapter 3 of a big epic. It's as if Peter Jackson had only made Return of the King and not Two Towers or Fellowship.

THAT is how TFA feels to me: a movie which is so far into the story without any background of the past 30 years

>"BUT A NEW HOPE STARTED LIKE THAT"
Yeah and Lucas went back and made the prequels to show what happened.

>"BUT I HATE THE PREQUELS"
Well it is your problem for not liking to read Chapter 1 of books and going straight into the final Act because that is what Force Awakens did.

You can read books that Disney made to better get to know the characters before TFA. Why? Because so much was left unanswered, Even by reading the novelization we find out that Snoke began getting into the mind of Kylo during his time at Luke's temple.

But does the movie explain this? NO it fucking doesn't! Instead it gives us so little facts to go on or scratch our head around.

This movie should have at least been 3 hours long with better detailed backstories of Kylo and especially Rey: better describing why she is a Mary Sue. I know Episode 8 will explain this but why does Disney make us wait 2 years for something that could have been explained in 1 movie?

The problem with Force Awakens is that it ends on a cliffhanger. All other 6 episodes are standalones where the story ends. Force Awakens rather keeps us open with so much left unexplained.

>that's why we got the boring exposition drones that were the prequels
The Phantom Menace's story is a masterpiece of young Anakin, the politics, the podracing, Qui Gon Jinn, younger Obi Won and Revenge of the Sith is a masterpiece with Sheev turning Anakin to the dark side and the order 66

Watch it twice.

I saw it the first time, thought it was great. Everything you could want from a star wars movie for the most part.

Then I saw it a second time a week or so later, and wanted to leave the theater. It has 0 re-watch value and becomes so bad once you start analyzing it

>likes a copy and paste "muh" prophecy movie
>likes the the originals
>hates the prequals

you're either 15 or 40 years old.

It's just too fucking short for me... I have been saying this in other threads that it feels like a 90 minute action flick. No way does it feel over 2 hours.

I know JJ has his way of editing a movie to have such a fast pace but with Star Wars: this is just not good at all. A New Hope had a WAY better pace compared to this.

Kylo Ren is a scared, insecure kid pretending to be Vader to make himself feel more intimidating and powerful. He can do a few neat parlor tricks but he's unstable as fuck and unsure of himself which ultimately makes him weak.

from his very first scene Kylo Ren's will is constantly being eroded as other people talk down to him and he questions his devotion to his cause. He kills his father to go all-in with the dark side to try to prove that he's the bad guy he wants to be, but he fails at it

>von Sydow says he's a poser and can never deny the connection to his family, so Kylo spergs out and kills him
>Snoke questions his loyalty and says his father will be his greatest test, Kylo ren denies Han means anything to him but it's clear he's bullshitting
>He talks to the Vader helmet and says he's being "pulled to the light" and seeks guidance from the helmet so he won't be seduced by his conscience
>Rey calls him a pussy and says he'll never be as strong as Darth Vader, taking off the mask is a literal depiction of Kylo Ren opening up and becoming more vulnerable
>On the bridge, Kylo Ren says he's being "torn apart" and that he "wants to be free of this pain" (free of his connection to his family which is causing him pain) and he knows what he has to do (kill Han) but he doesn't know if he has the strength to do it
>He realizes almost immediately that killing his father was a bad choice and he's having a breakdown in the climax

internal conflict canonically makes you weaker in Star Wars. Vader was able to beat Luke handily in ESB yet after finally being fronted with the reality that he would have to kill his own son, he started doubting himself and refused to commit to the final battle with Luke, and he turned against Sheev. Kylo Ren is both bleeding out from the bowcaster shot AND he's losing his shit because he just killed his dad. That's why Rey won.

The prequels may have had you believing otherwise, but the Force is not DBZ powerlevels.

>But does the movie explain this? NO it fucking doesn't! Instead it gives us so little facts to go on or scratch our head around.

Everything you need to learn can be inferred, you're just the retard who doesn't understand characterization or motives unless their emotions are worn on their sleeves.

>Yeah and Lucas went back and made the prequels to show what happened.

and almost everyone would agree that the prequels made the universe more retarded, where Darth Vader is the literal center of the universe and a hamfisted messiah figure because he sold the most toys.

>The problem with Force Awakens is that it ends on a cliffhanger. All other 6 episodes are standalones where the story ends.

The Force Awakens begins with one conflict: find Luke. He is found. The conflict presented in the beginning is resolved. Empire, if anything, ends on more of a cliffhanger (and people bitched about it ENDLESSLY in 1980).

I wish prequelbabbies would just realize they're retarded and shut up

You know how Sup Forums has always been full of faux iconoclastic manchildren? You know how Sup Forums Alt-Rightism is the hot new thing for faux iconoclastic manchildren? You know how Sup Forums is full of bitchmade faggots now as the actual posting age has dropped and the previous generation didn't beat their children enough?

That's why.

>The prequels may have had you believing otherwise, but the Force is not DBZ powerlevels.

I'm going to laugh so hard when Episode 8 comes out and they reveal that Rey is literally Anakin reincarnated.

TFA IS good, but a lot of people are calling it as good as ESB which is ridiculous. It's a ANH ripoff and fan service whore

It's a 7/10

In ten years from now, nobody will give a shit about this movie. It was alright, but at the same time it was an uninspired rehash that didn't feel like a star wars movie in tone, or execution.

I just remember being totally let down when Oscar Isaac does a quip and destroys all the tension in the scene. That shit doesn't belong in Star Wars, that's not how you write Star Wars dialogue. I wanted to see new things in Star Wars, with at the very least similar execution of the Original Trilogy, but it all just felt like a generic sci fi action movie, and that's all it really was.

Nobody here had a spark of creativity to make this movie. It's just a mindless cash grab because Disney needs to make back that money they spent on the license, just like everything Star Wars that's being churned out now.

In all honesty, I give the prequel trilogy a bit more credit then TFA. Sure, they were cashgrabs, but at the very least they TRIED to do something interesting, and they will be remembered as opposed to The Force Awakens, The First Order Strikes Back, and Return of the Good Guys

I was looking forward to Rogue One, up until they had to do reshoots for 40% of the movie. They were gonna try and do something darker until Disney said "NAH, MAKE IT LIKE ALL THE OTHERS."

Sad.

Also Rey is a mary sue and if you don't think so you have a brain the size of a quarter.

So insecure was he that he used two of the most powerful force abilities ever seen on the big screen. No, Ren was a perfect villain, albeit written shittier than most. Rey's a blatant Mary Sue though. Saying Ren's insecurities aides Rey in some way is an insult to fans of the series. The path to the dark side is pain, suffering anger fear, all of the above leads to more power. Vader was a bleeding burnt corpuscle who suffered necroses. Yet the pain and agony made him powerful. In fact, he was more powerful than your average Jedi Master.

Honestly, I'm terrified this might happen, because Rian Johnson is a prequel shill. JJ said it in the nicest way possible but he made it abundantly clear he has zero respect for those movies.

A literal chosen one is fucking antithesis of what star wars is supposed to be about, I'd hate to get a movie that captured the spirit and tone of the OT so well only to get slapped in the face with another space jesus in the next one.

quit it with the fucking prequel and videogame logic. Darth Vader was a tired old man who just wanted to die at the end of it. Kylo Ren can do some neat parlor tricks but they are, along with the mask, just shows of force to hide how actually weak and scared he is.

The dark side was never meant to be appealing or reasonable

>The Force Awakens begins with one conflict: find Luke. He is found. The conflict presented in the beginning is resolved.
How does Rey know so much about the force despite us never seeing her have any training whatsoever? How did Poe escape Jakku? How did Maz Kanata get Luke's lightsaber in the first place?

There's a bunch of plot holes that are unresolved but because Disney wants to focus on making money they're pretty much going to force everyone to watch Episode 8 if they want all their answers, which is fucking retarded when the whole idea of Star Wars was that each film was its own episode that wrapped up nicely but still left room open for a sequel. If you seriously support Disney's cliffhanger bullshit then you can't call yourself a Star Wars fan.

>How does Rey know so much about the force despite us never seeing her have any training whatsoever?

Because she heard stories of the Jedi. Yes, she never thought they were real until meeting Han Solo and Maz, but she was aware of their existence if only through legend.

I'm sorry you're a prequelbabby who thinks the Force is about getting kidnapped from your parents at birth because you had enough religion in your blood cells to spend 20 years at a literal yoda school whacking around lightsabers with your toddler jedi buddies before you have to pass a literal jedi final exam, so you think it's absolutely incomprehensible that a character could be gifted with the Force unless they were another chosen one space jesus archtype like Anakin in the prequels.

>The dark side was never meant to be appealing or reasonable
no it's supposed to be litterally just as good as the light side. The light siders just tried to mark it as better so people didn't turn.

The only powerful ones are the grey jedi, something that Kylo is more than likely to be.

>Because she heard stories of the Jedi. Yes, she never thought they were real until meeting Han Solo and Maz, but she was aware of their existence if only through legend.
That's not an explanation for how she can suddenly read Kylo's mind and then perform a Jedi mind trick to escape.

>I'm sorry you're a prequelbabby who thinks the Force is about getting kidnapped from your parents at birth because you had enough religion in your blood cells to spend 20 years at a literal yoda school whacking around lightsabers with your toddler jedi buddies before you have to pass a literal jedi final exam, so you think it's absolutely incomprehensible that a character could be gifted with the Force unless they were another chosen one space jesus archtype like Anakin in the prequels.
Holy shit, why are you so mad? Lmao

they are frustrated and in denial about star wars always being a shit eyecandy movie from an autistic toy maker.

Again, fuck off with your videogame EU shit. You can't choke people to death and shoot lightning out of your fingertips, inherently evil powers meant to dominate and torture others, and claim "the truth is somewhere in the middle, man...it's just a point of view!"

>How does Rey know so much about the force despite us never seeing her have any training whatsoever?

She has a flashback that shows she may have been a force user who had her mind wiped. That's why the movie was called the force awakens. It was buried inside her from her past.

>How did Poe escape Jakku?

Doesn't matter. Not essential to the movie.

> How did Maz Kanata get Luke's lightsaber in the first place?

Needless plot point. Doesn't need to be explained.

It's not the lack of exposition that makes the movie mediocre, it's the lack of worldbuilding and lore that make it mediocre. Only Kylo Ren brought the spirit of the OT. The rest was hastily paced, soulless Marvel garbage.

This
Also Adam Driver's acting was shitty
The scene where he kills Solo was cringy af
The only decent actors in the movie was the nigger and Isaac but he didn't get enough screen time

>They were gonna try and do something darker until Disney said "NAH, MAKE IT LIKE ALL THE OTHERS."
Ughh seriously? That's where the whole problem lies
When I saw TFA in theaters, I didn't even feel like I was watching a star wars movie. Felt more like a disney movie to me (And I didn't even know it was a disney movie til after I saw it)

I came out tfa exactly the same.
t wasn't until the next day that i decided to actually stop and think about the movie that i realized it wasn't that good.

People like you already decided you were going to hate TFA back when Disney bought the franchise. You're going to deny it, but that's what happened.

All we know is that Rogue One is doing reshoots, something that is incredibly common for blockbusters. The extent of the reshoots or the reasons they're being done are unclear. The only word from anyone involved is from Mads Mikkelsen, who said he only had to do about two days of reshoots. Anything else is speculation.

Kylo Ren could do some neat parlor tricks, YOUR ASS. Dude's a straight up g, as was Vader. We've only ever seen Vader against the novice Luke other than Obi wan and that battle was more finesse over speed. Rey's a blatant mary sue. So it doesn't matter how you dress up your pig because it's still a sodding pig!

No, she's a mary sue. IT'S ESTABLISHED LORE THAT YOU HAVE TO BE TRAINED AND TAUGHT. Otherwise Obi Wan would have told Luke to believe in the hidden tiara of feminine feminity, wish upon a star and finally change his name to Rey so that he could surpass even Master Yoda.

That was back when the idea of a Star Wars movie being garbage was incomprehensible. People couldn't accept that the new star wars movie sucked ass so many people tried to convince themselves it was good.

The near unanimous love for TFA actually means something considering that hating the new star wars movie has been the norm for 17 years now. If it actually sucked, people would have been screaming from the hills to tell you how bad it is.

I genuinely went into the movie hoping they'd do something cool with it. Seriously, I was super excited. I bought my entire family tickets to see the movie, and was kind of hoping it would flush every record down the toilet.

I just ended up watching a "pretty good I guess" action movie that didn't have anything interesting in it.

Seriously, J J makes well done, but unmemorable movies.

How much training did Luke do, exactly? He was on Dagobah for a few weeks at most.

>Why does Sup Forums hate this movie so much?
character regression for og characters.
copypasta story
shrinking the star wars universe

If anything it's people trying to convince themselves that it was george lucas's fault, and that this remake of 4 is good because it's a remake of 4.

I'm sure us hating the TFA was nothing to do with it being a piece of shit.

Like how Ghost busters got 75% because it's so bleeding awful. I remember people praising episode 1 as well.

Well considering space travel does fucky things with time, he could have been there for much longer.

The exact same thing is happening with TFA that happened with TPM way back in 1999: People are starting to realize that it's just not that good a film, despite all the hype surrounding it. Give it a few more years and I'd bet more people will start to turn on TFA like they did with TPM.

A few weeks then ONE ENTIRE YEAR PLUS OF PRACTICE. You do know Return takes place over a year after empire, yeah? You see you rey defenders cannot defend this shit character. Cunt goes from not believing in the force to being a force grand master in matter of hours. Fuck this movie.

Don't hate it, just thought it played it too safe and was too similar to ANH. Could've taken more risks and made a shit-ton of money regardless.

Episode 8 Rey will be able to dilate time and forcechoke Greedo before he enters the Cantina in episode 4.

>You do know Return takes place over a year after empire, yeah?

But Luke would have been on his own with no guidance. You're the one saying that training and having a master is so fucking important, obviously he wouldn't have been able to improve at all.

>Cunt goes from not believing in the force to being a force grand master in matter of hours. Fuck this movie.

She mind tricks one stormtrooper and beats a wimpy poser apprentice with incomplete training. Wow what a master. I'm sorry you can't get laid user.

No, this is you hanging out in a Sup Forums echo chamber and pretending that hating TFA is a reasonable or common opinion.

Mary Sue isn't a meme. It's a trope. It predates memes and this shitty board and it is exactly what rey's characters was

So does rey force choke him first or does it come after because she had to traverse time to stop him.

>why does tee vee hate this movie?

Because it's fucking shit.

>using prequel defender rationale to defend TFA

In what way was prequel defender rationale being used?

>That's not an explanation for how she can suddenly read Kylo's mind and then perform a Jedi mind trick to escape.

Prior to this movie we had never seen a Force user try to mind-trick another Force user

Ren is also a cocky little shit who probably thought he could mind-fuck her as hard as he mind-fucked Poe earlier in the film, and it backfired on him

On the other hand, people like you, apologists, step in front of plot holes and say 'nothing here'

name a plot hole, faggot. I'm waiting.

>But Luke would have been on his own with no guidance.
What? Luke would have been training with Yoda in all that time, no doubt humbled after his defeat at the hands of Vader.

>You're the one saying that training and having a master is so fucking important, obviously he wouldn't have been able to improve at all.
Um, yes he would? That's exactly the reason he trains with Yoda, so he can get better, and it's shown in RotJ that he actually does get better.

>She mind tricks one stormtrooper and beats a wimpy poser apprentice with incomplete training. Wow what a master.
Luke wasn't shown to be able to use a mind trick until RotJ, which was a year later. I can possibly buy Rey being able to beat Kylo, but the mind trick is bullshit.

>I'm sorry you can't get laid user.
Why are you so angry? lol

>No, this is you hanging out in a Sup Forums echo chamber and pretending that hating TFA is a reasonable or common opinion.
>STOP HAVING OPINIONS!!!!!

>Starkiller base can and does movve
>Han and finn track it down

>Prior to this movie we had never seen a Force user try to mind-trick another Force user
Except it's never established that Rey is a force user until that exact moment.

>Ren is also a cocky little shit who probably thought he could mind-fuck her as hard as he mind-fucked Poe earlier in the film, and it backfired on him
There is literally no reason for it to have backfired, though.

She'll ascend to the astral plane and be taught by Yoda and Qui gon about the living force and then, she'll be able to dematerialize in becoming a force ghost and rematerialize, clothes and all.

NO, Luke was taught the basics by Yoda. If you're taught the basics in guitar, the scale and the power chords, given enough time you'll be able to make tunes. But to go from not playing, AT ALL, to hearing about the guitar, not being taught mind you but hearing about the guitar, you're suddenly able to play respect for the wind. Rey's a shit character, yo.

BULLSHIT, she uses the force proactively. That's like me only hearing the piano and for no reason at all, I'm playing Gershwin. Those words of yours are an insult not to only star wars but every discipline which requires TIME AND EFFORT AND PATIENCE AND PRACTICE----and you have to be taught WHAT TO FUCKING DO AT THE GET GO.

But to know what to do and how to get there withoutbeing taught is GOD MODE. She's so far from a mary sue at this point.

Wrong.

5 > 4 ≥ 3 > 6 > 1 > 7 ≥ 2

Because Sup Forums is shit.
>inb4 "oh well your on it"
I never come on here I'm on here right now because I'm bored.
Literally the worst place on Sup Forums. Seriously, you should have known their opinions are shit when they consider BvS to be the greatest capeflick of all time when it's not even a good capeflick let alone the greatest.

>What? Luke would have been training with Yoda in all that time, no doubt humbled after his defeat at the hands of Vader.

No, Luke does not see or speak to Yoda or Ben in the year between RotJ. Actually watch the movie next time.

>STOP HAVING OPINIONS!!!!!

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion, I'm saying that pretending people are "coming around" to TFA being bad is absurd, because the only place you'll ever find a large resistance to it is on Sup Forums.

It's like, yeah, you can say Transformers 2 is a better movie than Citizen Kane, but you're delusional if you pretend anyone who isn't retarded will ever agree with you