What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gdFnnHNYtXk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He had the spirit, but lost the feeling

It was THESE DAYS
THESE DAYS

Severe depression, epilepsy, a failing marriage, and stress from working.

He looks fucking stoned in this pic.

Not only in this pic, desu.

>getting married at early 20s
Why would you do that?

it was a different time

Well for starters he killed himself

This.

wasnt even good lmao

>sings about how depressed he is for two albums and numerous singles
>kills himself
>people are surprised
why?

They thought it was all just a prank, bro!

The look on his face says it all.

I really wish I could get into Joy Division, but I just hate his voice on most songs.

He was married at 18.

It's an acquired taste. I couldn't get into it at first but now I can't imagine Joy Division having a different singer.

But New Orders Movement literally is Joy Division with a different singer

Fucking guy was only 23 and he wrote those two albums already

bandmates didn't know he was being autobiographical

>tfw you've become so anti-social and existentially hopeless you feel uncomfortable smiling in your wedding photos

Avey Tare wrote some of the songs on STGSTV while still in high school.

Existence well what does it matter? I exist on the best terms I can. The past is now part of my future, The present is well out of hand.

It was a better time, If Curtis was alive today he would kill himself again.

I say the same thing about Kurdt, whenever my little bros friends bring him up

Jesus, he looks like he wants to kill himself.

a lack of seratonin i believe

he did
and he did

youtube.com/watch?v=gdFnnHNYtXk

that ian curtis in HD

>tfw have never smiled in a single picture in my entire life
>tfw literally autistic

They knew the guy for about half a decade and no one thought to ask?

This makes me think of Nick Drake.

Did people hear the songs he made for Pink Moon and just go
"Yup, this guys definitely killing himself within the next year or two"
How could you not?

They were young themselves, and so caught up in the music that they never payed close enough attention to the lyrics or realized Ian was serious and sincere. They must have known there were things wrong with him, like how they had to carry him off stage when he had seizures and how he cried because of the shame afterwards. Ian also wasn't as much of a dark depressing figure in private as he came off as in his music. They were just young men caught up in the attention they were getting who didn't understand the seriousness of Ian's problems.

he had soul but he wasn't a sioldier

Friendships can get pretty weird sometimes. Especially if you have jocular friends. Probably contributed to Ian's feelings of isolation because he didn't feel comfortable talking to his friends/bandmates about his feelings.

lmfao

nice trips too

His parents were probably his biggest fans while he was alive. I remember reading a few letters his mom wrote praising his music and appreciating the beauty of it. His parents tried to get Nick help and he stayed at home where they could keep a close eye on him. They tried to support him, but Nick was just a distant and listless person as his depression worsened. He would stay up all night and sleep during the day. Would drive to seemingly nowhere until he ran out of gas. Smoked a ton of marijuana. Molly and Rodney were good parents, there just wasn't much that could have been done that they weren't already trying.

He was admitted to a mental hospital. The fuckwit of a promoter for the show that would be canceled found out where he was and talked him into leaving, just so he wouldn't have to cancel. He did the show, then killed himself shortly afterwards.

Show business people are scum.

Thanks, m8. Totally get what you're saying. It's like when everyone was blindsided by Cobain's suicide because he was pretty social when he wasn't in pain.

Right before he killed himself he had called friends, and I guess Genesis P-Orridge was really concerned after talking to him that he/she/it tried to get people living close by to check up on him. Of course nobody did, and that happened to be the day Ian killed himself.

Sometimes I think Genesis P-Orridge lied about this. Apparently they also claim to have invented Acid House among other things.

>he/she/it
its they you scumbag piece of shit

Well Ian and Genesis did know each other, that's for sure. Whether Genesis was really one of the last people to talk to him and tried in vain to help will never be known for sure.

Sorry bb

jesus christ

Actually I'm pretty sure Genesis goes by S/he or some crazy shit. Genesis is not transgender. Genesis is "pandrogyne. Meaning that they wanted to become one with their partner who is a woman so they both got plastic surgery to look like each other. It has less to do with gender as it does some crazy spiritual bs.

He actually looks pretty happy there. I have a ton of respect for Ian as an artist and an individual, but committing suicide when you have a child is pretty shitty. Even at the worst of my depression I couldn't do myself in because of my family.

Natalie turned out alright, all things considering. Probably sucked not having a dad, but she's a photographer now influenced by Joy Division's aesthetic.

Wow she looks a lot like him. Pretty spooky.

youre right theyre not transgender. using "they" does not mean one is transgender. genesis is not refered to as a singular person theyre identity is tied with their partner.

she has his cold lifeless stare

Nick Drake's story is really sad, especially the last year or so of his life.

I hope his parents don't feel like failures, there was nothing they could do.

literally listening to Destroyer - the bad arts as I read this
>don't lose the feeling, you've got the spirit.

S/he is the pronoun used on Genesis' wikipedia though.

And it's nowhere near as good, kinda proving his point.

underrated

she's so.... british

I mean, I would hope so.

>I could slit my throat right now with this knife.

>Ian also wasn't as much of a dark depressing figure in private as he came off as in his music.
>that one story that hook told where ian took the biggest shit on the tour bus
pretty dark if i do say so myself

>the excerpt from francoise hardy's autobiography where she says that nick "bordered on autism"
literally our guy

Movement is better than anything Joy Division ever put out. Dreams Never End alone is better than any Joy Division song.