>Try playing it over again from the top
>...still not my tempo

going to rewatch this movie now tbqh

This is an interesting set of Brian Eno

>listening to any music with a set tempo

>posting retarded chinese cartoons
kys yourself

>humming and tapping my foot along to this album
>someone suddenly screams "NOT MY TEMPO" from my headphones and cymbal hits the back of my head
>pass out in a pool of my own blood

never again

>playing poker with buddies
>bout to deal, shuffling deck
>did the bridge thingy kinda fast, dragging a bit but still shuffled pretty well
>chair flies over my head
>look up and see this
>wat do

any other goat music related movies like this?

amadeus

>posting chinese cartoons on a chinese cartoon image board
oh no

>Were you rushing or dragging?

retard fat weeb

Now was he really out of tempo? I honestly couldn't tell if he was or not.

You cant tell and that is honestly bad enough, pleb

retard fat weeb

Brace yourself for disappointment, it's only good on the first watch

no clue

i believe you

not the person you responded to, but i've seen it probably 3 times and it holds up. so, no.

>When the album cover isn't a picture of Spider-Man

Well then I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but you have shit taste.

i believe you too

Yeah I've seen this a few times and each time is p good. Sometimes I'll just watch the ending scene tho

its fun to watch with someone who never saw it

oh man, what ever will i do, some anonymous fuckhead disagrees with my taste and thinks that means it's objectively bad.

did you ever consider that you're a pretentious fuck and that your opinion is no better than anyone else's?

Struck a nerve? It's alright, everyone is a pleb at first.

>Struck a nerve? It's alright, everyone is a pleb at first.
average Sup Forums lurker.

please, post your top films of all time, i'd love to see how fucking patrician you are compared to me.

its been 6 minutes, he's patrician as fuck alright.

>about to listen to some good ol double time swing
>tfw not quite my tempo

>furiously searching Sup Forums catalog

yeah, when someone is that adamant about how OBJECTIVELY wrong your taste is, it's pretty indicative of how insecure and "pleb" their own taste is. i'll readily admit that i'm not as well versed in film as i am in music, but that guy is clearly either baiting me or just wasn't prepared to be called out for his shit.

tru, its the classic argumentum ad lapidem of Sup Forums or basically every subculture board

Here you go
Sorry for the delay, I just pop on Sup Forums for a couple of minutes now and then when nothing interesting is going on in /n/ or Sup Forums
It's a little outdated but I guess it's enough for you to shit on it and feel better about yourself

i'll give you a hint, most times the pretentious fuck is that way because ya'll niggers are dumb as all getout
>arguing with the pretentious fuck
>as if he's never been challenged before
>he's just gonna back down
>reevaluate his entire point of view
>nah nigga you a fuckin lame
>so ironic your grandma is laughing at you
it's hard out there, user

you know, i did expect to shit on your taste if you ever did post, but to be totally honest, Boiling Point is great (Takeshi is a goddamn legend), Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a horror classic (even if I wouldn't put it as my fav horror), Nashville is great, Trois Couleurs Bleu is fantastic, and the rest I don't think I've even watched. I'll check them out though.

Still, I think it's silly and short-sighted to assume that enjoying a particular movie beyond first viewing (which you apparently did somewhat enjoy on first viewing, even) means that someone has shit taste overall. I'll readily admit that I'm a bit biased toward Whiplash because I've been a percussionist for... fuck, almost 12 years now, but I still think it's a really solid movie, with more replay value than you give it credit for.

weeb

Yeah, sorry about before, I was exaggerating back then, Sup Forums does that to people. I did enjoy it on a first watch, but the second time around didn't really do it for me. I suppose the movie relies a lot on its "shock value", so by the second time all the yelling, cursing and bleeding just becomes annoying. The ending also loses all its impact because you know it'll end up abruptly. I also don't really like how the movie treats music like a sport, measuring its quality based solely on the performer's virtuosity, though I suppose drumming has a lot of that going on, compared to other instruments.

Wow, that's pretty embarrassing.

If only you knew how hard it was to leave so many brilliant Asian films out of the 3x3

why did this movie treat playing jazz like it was a sport or some shit? legit like all he ever practiced was speed and time like those are the only things that mattered.

is it three hours of abuse of all sorts?
in the film, not of the viewer i mean?

no problem, anonymity, especially on fucking Sup Forums (even though Sup Forums is arguably better about this than most other boards) can lead to people with pretty similar viewpoints spitting vitriol at each other for no good reason.

i can totally see where you're coming from with a lot of these criticisms. my biggest gripe was probably the obsession with speed as the defining factor for a great percussionist, that simply isn't true (which i think is what you were getting at when you said that it treated it like a "sport", that does make sense in that context). however, i think it did a good job of representing percussionists as actual musicians beyond that (unlike fucking Drumline for example, fuck Nick Cannon, everyone who learns about my having played on drumlines, drum corps, etc. recommends me that movie and it makes me rage - you think i studied percussion for most of my life to enjoy watching some mofo succeed without even learning how to read music?!).

the story and final act are a bit diminished in a way, having seen the movie before, but i think that's true with most films - in these instances, i generally look to performances as an indicator of whether or not the movie is worth repeated viewing, and in my opinion, the last half-hour-ish of Whiplash has some of the strongest performances from Teller or Simmons, in an already really strong showing from both. i'm still able to enjoy what happens in the movie due to their performances, and the gorgeous shots, especially in that last big scene at the jazz fest.

sorry for contributing to the shit attitude of this site, i feel like you and i would be good friends in real life hah

>Drumline
Hah, this movie is so bad I can't help but watch it every time it's on

is it really so bad its good? not the same guy but would I laugh at it as someone who's played in several drumlines?

It's not bad enough to reach The Room tier of so-bad-it's-good, but I've always found black (as in black people) dramedies to be hilarious, especially if you're drunk.
Plus when I was younger and living with a schoolmate, they'd play it at least every week, so it was something of an internal joke for us.

i'm the guy who originally posted about my hatred for Drumline. if you've taken percussion seriously at any point in your life, Drumline is worth a watch, simply to feel rage. you know how kids would make fun of percussionists because "all you do is hit shit"? imagine that, but it's a movie centered around literally just hitting shit, and glorifying it, and making people think that it really is all you do. like, the guy that literally just hits shit is the subject and outshines the people who have taken percussion seriously for most of their lives, because he just "gets it". it's infuriating on so many levels (none of which have anything to do with black people, not sure what the fuck this asshole is on about)

oh boy i might do this tomorrow. spring break jsut started and i have nothing better to do

What exactly happened at the end?

d i g i t s

WEEB

he got trips

frank

wow, that is a very late spring break relative to what i'm used to

i know Texas Chainsaw Massacre isn't the most "patrish" film on that list but it really is such a fantastic movie, like serious high quality artistic shit

this guy gets it

holy shit Frank is so good

movie triggered me
The whole time I thought it was just making fun of hipsters from a very specific pov;
and Hipsters as pathetic as they may be, are at least very amorphous.

i guess i can get where you're coming from here, but i saw it as a cross-section of slightly exaggerated "indie band" characters, and i'd be really surprised if the director/person in charge of the general storyline wasn't familiar with the story behind the making of Trout Mask Replica. i didn't see it as exclusively making fun nor reverential, just an examination.

plus, the original music is probably the best i've heard for a movie-band (maybe Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, with Beck writing the original music is equally fitting/impressive) and i thought it was well-written and well acted.