George Takei retracts criticism of "Gay Sulu"

people.com/people/mobile/article/0,,21018938,00.html

>George Takei is setting the record straight about his complicated feelings towards the newly gay helmsman Sulu.

>The actor, 79, sparked controversy after he told The Hollywood Reporter he was "disappointed" that his character from the original TV show had been altered for the franchise's new movie, Star Trek Beyond.

>He is now clarifying his comments, saying he is "delighted" that the LGBTQ community will be represented in the Star Trek universe, further adding to the franchise's diversity.

Well that was sudden.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/oxhHiRh
youtube.com/watch?v=M2Vi9OKs25o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Drama queen.

Why be in the papers for one day when you can stir the pot and be in the papers for two days?

he's "delighted" that the LGBTQ community will be represented in the Star Trek universe while jogging all the to the bank to cash his check

These two comments aren't contradictory you realise.

He is happy LBBTTWTFBBQ will be represented. He's disappointed his character was altered from Gene Roddenberry's vision.

No contradiction here. He would have preferred the LMAO representation take another form, but he's happy overall that it exists.

Maybe he was worried that he would develop an attraction to Sulu and that any possible relationship could cause a temporal paradox in his butthole

>could cause a temporal paradox in his butthole

So they forced him to say this in order to not have his ass sued to death? Nothing new

yea wow, a gay guy that realizes normal people don't want to reminded about gay sex ever time they watch a film.

>play ball Takei or I'll be using YOUR balls on the 8th hole!

>>He is now clarifying his comments, saying he is "delighted" that the LGBTQ community will be represented in the Star Trek universe, further adding to the franchise's diversity.

I wonder how they threatened him to make him say this bullshit?

how much money did they give him

None, he just want the hate mail and death threads that keeps spamming to stop.

The Gay Maffia strikes again.

looks like someone retracted his paycheck after his comments

Is that gif of him creepily jerking off a dude real

>Gayest man on the planet gets death threats from SJW for saying the film makers of the newest Star SABOTAGE Trek have altered Roddenberry's vision of his characters by making a character that was never gay, gay.

I just don't understand liberals I really don't

>let's send hate mail and death threats to an actual gay man based on his opinions about a fictional characters sexuality

idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

>idontwanttoliveonthisplanetanymore.jpg

Hello redddit

yes

People would have to understand nuance and shades of grey, today people only listen to the first sentence of a statement and turn file it into a black and white opinion of absolute love or total hatred.

HE NEVER REALLY CARED

SAYING "I DONT LIKE IT" AND CHANGING IT TO "I LIKE IT" IS A MARKETING STORY

YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MOVIE, THEY WON

Nothing is normal faggot

I miss when George Takei used to post funny things on the internet*. Now all he does is bitch and moan about everything. It's just not fun and I hope he just disappears again.

*He hired people to pretend to be him and post funny things for him.

>be gay sweetheart among actors
>flaunt your sexuality to the point where you're fondling straight guys on radio
>liberals make an alternate reality version (something a sci fi actor should know plenty about) of your character that happens to be gay
>throw a shit fit because z-list actors are doing it and they're getting mad views on TMZ
>people don't side with you
>realize Sulu is literally the only thing you're known for
>backpedal like a pussy

I have little to no respect for Takei. He should've kept his mouth shut.

I'd still say he's disappointed that Sulu ended up being the la-la homo man, but I guess he's just glad Star Trek now has a la-la homo man in it.

so will they turn the spock character gay since the actor is gay in real life?

I'll just leave this here

This.

These.

>George Takei retracts criticism of "Gay Sulu"

More like George Takei was handed a big sack of money to be quiet.

Remember that Ernie Hudson originally said that the female reboot was "not what the fans wanted". Then he's out promoting the film saying it's great. They make deals with these people to get them on board. Give them a role, some money, who knos. Maybe the studio said they'd okay some project Takei likes. Give a friend of his a role somewhere.

Takei will always retract things he says that go against SJW opinions. He doesn't want to lose his popularity.

It's a little sad though, because he obviously feels very differently

Ernie Hudson was contractually obligated to appear in the movie tho

>Mr. Takei, the check finally went through

>Takei made a big post on Facebook to clarify the situation, pointing out that the media took his word and made it into clickbaits articles.

>The media now takes his last post and turns it into another clickbait

Was the guy straight?

Post it.

>Dumbledorf's actor was gay
>So Dumbledorf is gay!
>Sulu's actor was gay
>So Sulu is gay!

>always thought the gay being a sin thing was only for ancient times
>realize in a single gif that men are truly weird creatures who need moral protection here
I think that gif made me a Catholic famalam

>LBBTTWTFBBQ
that's LGBTQAЦ∮Ж⊕∂̸̬̙͚∃̢̛͈̭̯̥̂͗͛͑͢g̷̃ͨ̏ͫ͏̵̤̰̼͎̣̯̘̩̠͎͔́ shitlord

Now I am extremely disappoint in George; he should have stuck to his original comment.

imgur.com/oxhHiRh

and a cthulhu phtagn to you to

>"P-P-P-Please don't call me oppressive or homophobic anymore, SJW's! Look, I take back what I said! You were right and I was wrong!"

Every fucking time.

This new comment doesn't cancel out the old.

Agreed. Just saying that he should stick to his guns instead of back-peddling like everyone else in this thread is saying.

>Agreed
Yet you don't understand. He isn't back peddling.

>sparked controversy
>He is now clarifying
What a surprise.

You don't make a new statement trying to appease people if you weren't backpedalling. He's praising the inclusion of lgbt in Star Trek even though it goes against Roddenberry's vision, which was his original comment.

> setting the record straight

>Catholics
>not touching dicks

Why does anyone care about George Takei or his opinions?

cause he was Sulu.

>no fix for homosexuality in the deep future

>>throw a shit fit because z-list actors are doing it and they're getting mad views on TMZ
Takei threw a shit fit because they're shitting all over Roddenberry's vision to blatantly pander. Back when the movie was still in production Justin Lin revealed this shit to Takei and Takei begged them not to do it but they did it anyway. They claim making Sulu gay is a tribute to Takei but if they really gave a shit about Takei they would've listened to him.
>He should've kept his mouth shut.
He did the right thing, faggot. His only fuck up was making this new statement although this statement doesn't contradict anything he said in his first statement. See

If you look close you'll see it's a prosthetic

> although this statement doesn't contradict anything he said in his first statement
see

is that fucking jonesy

I met this guy once.
Why do we give a shit what he thinks??

cause he was Sulu.

I agree with that completely. There's nothing wrong with having gay characters in fiction, it just pisses me off when already established characters are changed to become gay. The same thing applies to race and gender.

dunbledores actor wasn't gay tho.

ian mckellen is gay, but he played gandalf

Is any one not surprised by this? Takei had always been a sjw pandering to the most dumbest of liberal ideologies. Fuck he even made racist comments to a black guy because he was a republican.

>he even made racist comments to a black guy because he was a republican.
Post that shit.

I guess he realized that star trek casting was always about tokenism anyway.

lol

youtube.com/watch?v=M2Vi9OKs25o
He got triggered after Clarence Thomas expressed his right wing views and said that no one but yourself can lose dignity so George went on a rage talking about Thomas being a "clown in black face" and how much he knows about slavery because we watched a movie and muh interment camps
He later defended his comments on facebook saying that he has betrayed his heritage. He also stated that what he said wasn't racist because it was a theater term but that didn't stop him from calling him a "black bafoon" on facebook as well.
He later deleted the comments and apologized to his fans.

>Character must be gay just because the actor is gay.
Wow, how fucking progressive.

>Wow, how fucking progressive.

Funniest thing here is that only original series characters that had kids were Kirk and Sulu.

He's such a faggot, and not because he's gay.