Animated HBO series when?

animated HBO series when?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

never, thank god. take your genre fiction to hell

If you can't read and enjoy genre fiction and real literature at the same time you're an absolute pretentious faggot

Took the words out of my mouth

Isn't there like 8 books left?

Should probably adapt a series that's already finished.

>2016
>people still like fantasy nonironically

baka desu senpai

I wish HBO would do more animated comics like the 90s Spawn series, would love to see East of West, Rumble or Astro City in that format.

Yeah book 3 is only about 60% written and should be out next year. It's a 10 book series, but the first two books are each 1200 pages, plenty of material to work with

That's a terrible idea. Do you want another Game of Thrones to happened?

Sanderson actually gives a shit about his fans, and is a very fast and consistent writer.

Sanderson is quite capable of writing 3-4 books in the time it takes the lobster man to write 1

I've never watched GoT so I don't know how bad it has become. Anyway the point of the thread wasn't "make this now!" I was just saying it would make a great animated series even with just what is out now. And like someone else said, Sanderson writes like a motherfucker and is passionate about writing and loves his fans.

I hear that The Name of the Wind TV series is in production.

Apparently Lionsgate bought it and they plan on making a film and TV series and even a video game but who knows if it that will happen. They just own the rights and I haven't heard anything for a while.

Right after this one.

IIRC Brandon said he deliberately wrote the series in the way that made it easier to adapt into TV.

YA pulp trash

>solid-looking
lmao brandon fucking rekt her

The wizard and the warriors is better imo

I don't get it, the line in the book reads like nothing in the description that plebbitor gave. Seems like an obsessive fangirl just being autistic and imagining things. Hate uathor for leading her on, should know better. And this 'I put my freinds/relatives/enemies/random people form the internet in my book, lol' is just the cringiest thing ever.

>'I put my freinds/relatives/enemies/random people form the internet in my book, lol' is just the cringiest thing ever.
You have no idea how common this is, even with great writers

showtime series when?

probably never because the MC triggers tumblr hard

hbo series when?

We both know that Price of Fools is about 1000x better. Lawrence was a much more mature writer during the process and it shows.

Every character is better developed, the prose and dialogue is smoother and it's not full of try hard, 14 year old mary sue bullshit.

Also, just for the thread:

Sanderson is fantasy junk food. Way of Kings is not terrible but not amazing.

Adapt The Lies of Locke Lamora instead.

Yes, I'm aware, but admitting to it so casually, and especially 'taking requests' on reddit is still cringey.

I haven't got around to reading that yet

>Sanderson writes a pre-marital sex scene for the first time
>it's between a gibbering retard and an amoral monster

The new mistborn books are so bad. The old ones were bad, but in a pulpy way.

It runs sort of concurrently to other series. Turns out that a bunch of stuff Jorg did was possible because a coward, a retard and a bitch were fucking around behind the scenes.

cinemax series when?

Makes perfect sense. Jorg could have easily been stopped or killed, but no two powers wanted to cooperate for any period of time to do so.

Would they keep Jorg a rapist in the tv series?

Personally I'd prefer a live action Sandman series on HBO.

id watch it just for watching him get raped by that hot bitch

They'd age him up in a theoretical TV series. And no, they wouldn't. It would be super easy to change.

w-why

Books i want to see adapted into series.

IT - live action tv series
Vampire Hunter D - Animated series
The Stars My Destination - Film
Wizard of Earthsea - Animated series
Swan Song - Tv series
At the Earths Core - Film
Dark Tower - Faithful film adaption with tie in miniseries

because i want to be dominated i guess

an actual good adaptation, pls

No one's ever even read this aside from me.

I'm going to break it to you as easily as I can.

The Dresden files are the male twilight equivalent and Butcher is a Cussler-tier author. Dresden himself is a fedora-tipping sadsack who is written with the consistency of wet paper.

You should read better fantasy.

>mfw my dad says I inspired on his characters
>read the book and find out I'm the huge cynic in the story

:(

Man covered in blood wakes up in a dumpster with no memory and fucked up looking arm (possessed by a demon, giving him powers).

Right as he awakens, the garbage truck picks up his dumpster and nearly squishes him, and it all goes down hill from there.

not everything has to be a great classic. dresden is a fun read that dosent take long and he rode a zombie t-rex once so hes cool. shut up. also he fucked a half vampire woman

Actual good cape shit

superior book coming through

Reminder that if you read fantasy written after 1995, but haven't read this book, you're a failure.

And if you only read fantasy written before 1995, but haven't read this book, you're ALSO a failure.

>hbo can't even do GoT properly
>Want something that is probably far more difficult to be attempted
but why?
Also I know nothing about the series

You mean fingertips lmao

ward against death

>necromancer fucks up murder plot by truly resurrecting (almost impossible) assassin daughter qt of crime lord
he's also a surgeon, which is for some retarded reason illegal in that world

>Far more difficult
Only in terms of CGI budget. Way of Kings is hilariously simple compared to GoT.

Maybe Sanderson tries to do something more complicated in Book 3, but the first two take place in a single location, aside from some throwaway interludes and Shallan. Who fucking shows up in the plains later.

villains by necessity

(D&D like world where evil has totally won, resulting in a never ending day, constant sunny weather and the entire plane being at risk of ascending, which would countless people)
band of the last 'evil' people left have to go around being villains to save the world

confessions of a d-list supervillain syfy adaptation when

CULTURE SERIES FROM IAN BANKS WHEN?!

Wow, Sup Forums has some really high school level taste in fantasy.

>Vampire Hunter D - Animated series

I want ANYTHING with Vampire Hunter D. Both movies barely scratched the surface of the source material which is really unique.

this and married with zombies are my fuck you I liked it of literature

Malazan, but it'll never happen. First season or whatever format they go with would bankrupt whoever decided to make it.

this is getting a movie and tv show deal with a game as well done by lionsgate, cant wait.

I've had 2 friends do the exact same thing. Am I that transparent of a nihilist?

>Adapt The Lies of Locke Lamora instead.
Only problem with this is the sequels are awful.

>nihilist
Eh, at least they depicted you as pertaining to a respectable philosophical movement.

I'm just portrayed as a whiny, cynical ((Jew)).

>nihilist
so why do you care?

youtube.com/watch?v=b_29yvYpf4w

Red Seas is a fine book that gets an unfair shake because Lies is a 10/10. Republic was mediocre, but everyone pretty much blames the circumstances surrounding the writing.

Here's hoping Thorn is good.
Can't wait for Harry Potter and the Mary Sue vs The Sex Ninjas.

>The Sex Ninjas
shit, did i miss a part in the book, or is this in the second one?

Second book.

It gets pretty bad. He learns how to magically fuck any woman from a sex fairy who lets him live because he's so good at sex and poetry.

Then he gets to train with a sex ninja barbarian culture that never lets "outsiders" in, but he's so special that he gets to, and he then fucks his teacher and the best student.

Then he goes back to school and gets cucked hard by Denna again.

hadn't heard of this so I looked it up

paranormal is always a hard pass for me

Fantasy set after 1945 is a hard pass for me.

I prefer the sequels to the first book

It bewilders me that so many people like this series

God damn, fucking Denna, I fucking hate her pointless storyline, does it amount to anything in the second one, does she do anything apart from give him blue balls?

The first book has some nice prose and has everything that a publisher looks for. It appeals to self inserting nerds and women. And fans of the magic school sub-genre. Also, a promise that all 3 books were already written. Kek.

There are some super anime misunderstanding fights because despite Kvothe being an "expert" wordsmith, he can't explain simple concept or feelings.

She also has a conversation with another hooker about hooking. Oh, and gets the shit beat out of her by the mysterious Lord Ash, who TOTALLY isn't the guy who where ash colored robes that Kvothe becomes friends with.

What dont you like about it, and what would you recommend instead? I would prefer something that still has magic in it that is used by more than a few select characters or only alluded to as something that used to happen.

>fantasy junk food

Good description, but I'd specify that Stormlight Archive is like low salt chips. You consume them and realize they were too bland to justify the investment.

Stormlight is a fantastic if you're a machinist who needs to fill 8 hours of content every day or he'll murder the hispanic guy next to him.

The only reason I look forward to them is that I know that it's at least a week of me not having to scour audiobookbay.

I'm actually surprised more works don't get animated. Shit, I remember Grey Lensman actually has a loose anime adaptation.

If Sanderson is fast food than 90% of fantasy, especially modern, is leftovers dug out of a dumpster.

Sup.

>She also has a conversation with another hooker about hooking
kek so its confirmed she sleeps with all her men? except kvothe?

Hopefully never. It's Brandon's shittiest.

culture adaptation when

Howling Mad

A timberwolf is bitten by a werewolf and thus cursed to spend one night or so a month as a human male.

I think the line is along the lines of " You let them do what they need to do"
She's a professional gold digger.
We both know that's Elantris or Steelheart, m8.
He's the most bland out of the modern big names. Someone like Abercrombie is 10 times the author. Sanderson is junk food because he writes simple, easily digestible, pop fantasy. The good guys are good, the bad guys are bad, the hero is an attractive person who is also an expert at fighting and the like.

>than 90% of fantasy, especially modern, is leftovers dug out of a dumpster.

that's always been true, though. it's kinda the reason why fantasy is regarded so poorly.

>why *fantasy is regarded so poorly.
*genre fiction

that's not Elantris

>good modern fantasy authors

They exist? How modern do you consider modern?

Can't decide what I dislike more. Elatris's rough amateurishness or Steelheart's cynical, YA mediocrity.

Think I'd go with Steelheart, because the protagonist is just so terrible.

I'd say modern is post 2005, with a continued presence in the market, not counting legacy authors like Donaldson who are finishing 30+ year series.

You want to sell me on those books? I'm always looking for more, but those covers certainly fucking don't.

I'm out of fucking books, man. Did you know I'm actually listening to The Innocent Mage right now? Goddamn desperate.

I could go on and on but I guess my main complaint is is that the MC is pretty shitty and a huge self insert. The entirety of the two books is his POV, and pretty much every character exists for the sole person of making the MC look better.

Then you have the faerie sex is book two, 70 pages of pure shit. Kvothe calls her name and incredibly difficuit thing to do, I doubt anyone can, him doing this is the equivalent of power ups from shitty shonen jump manga

As for recommendations I would say
>The First law by Joe Ambercrombie(Might have butchered his last name) The ending is a little lackluster but another sequel is coming in the same universe
>The Lies of Locke Lamora, ONLY read book 1, wait for book 4 to come out in September this year, if book four is shit just drop the entire series.
>The Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb
>Memory Sorrow and Thorn series by Tad Williams(Pretty sure GRRM said this book inspired GoT)

>You want to sell me on those books? I'm always looking for more, but those covers certainly fucking don't.
I don't known user, let your common sense and experience guide you after this synopsis.

>For nearly 300 years the mystics have lived alongside the true-men, who barely tolerate them, until...

>King Charald is cursed with a half-blood mystic son. Sorne is raised to be a weapon against the mystics. Desperate to win his father’s respect, Sorne steals power to trigger visions. Unaware King Charald plans their downfall, the mystics are consumed by rivalry. although physically stronger, the males’ gifts are weaker than the females. Imoshen, the only female mystic to be raised by males, wants to end the feud. But the males resent her power and, even within her own sisterhood Imoshen’s enemies believe she is addicted to the male gifts.

>Sorne tries, but cannot win the respect of true-men. When he has a vision of half-bloods in danger he has to ask himself where his loyalty lies.

Kid is born half vampire, half werewolf in a world where both are known and mundane.

Has genetic treatments to purge his werewolf transformation genes, but something goes wrong...

>ONLY read book 1
You can read Book 2 as well.

For fucks sake, Red Seas Under Red Skies is a good book. It just wasn't as good as Lies. And the audiobook (fuck off) smooths it out even more. Even makes book 3 tolerable.

>goes wrong...
Spoiler it for me senpai.

I like book 2 as well, I just said that so he doesn't invest in the series if it ends up turning to shit.

He starts the transformation process. He first notices it in gym class.

In that world, vampires are seen as superior to wolves for obvious reasons, even though the wolves are stronger in both forms.

>no audiobook
Sorry mate. It's a no-go for me. Don't have time to read at home, got to listen at the machine.

>He starts the transformation process. He first notices it in gym class.

Thanks, but then all that goes wrong is that the intervention failed to neutralize his wolfie genes? That's a bit anticlimactic.

Book 4 will be fine.
>No Sabetha
>no flashback
>original series starting point
>Lynch is married and happy again