Green Room

Fuck, this movie is brutal, damn good too. That arm scene was intense.

What did you guys think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just finished watching it. Thought it was great. I liked the box cutter vs stomach scene. That's when everyone really knew shit had gotten real.

I
WANT
TO
FUCK
POOTS
SO
BAD

fucking awesome

the entire thing was streamlined and well paced, no bullshit needless exposition, you get everything you need

the trailer ruined one of the best scenes though(couch) but thats not on the movie

amber and pats arcs were nice parallels to eachother

The dialogue felt so natural. Usually when I watch movies I can almost feel the acting, but this felt very real.

To me, when it got real was when the girl looked through the grate and saw the boots with red laces. Her yelling "they're going to kill us!" sent chills down my spine.

Good thing I didmt remember the trailer all too much, that couch scene was pretty great.

STOP SHILLING THIS FUCKING MOVIE.

EVERYDAY OR EVERY OTHER DAY, THERE IS A GREEN ROOM THREAD WITH THE SAME BULLSHIT. STOP SHILLING THIS MOVIE.

her character almost stole the movie for me, she goes from whimpering scared bystander to progressively initiating violence when necessary to full on hunting down darcy for revenge even after they are safe and free

great character

>shilling a movie that aired at festivals 2 years ago

this may come as a shock to you but under the radar cult like films often get brought up here

cute

CUTE

>ywn banter with Amber

what are some other movies with Poots that worth watching?

28 Weeks Later and Fright Night where she first worked with Anton and later fucked him.

tfw she will never slice your stomach open

it was a while ago I felt almost traumatized by a visual but man that arm, seen my fair share of gore but that whole scene god damn

>tfw this movie just made me even more sad that Yelchin died

I've never seen him do a bad performance. Guy was a class act.

Yeah I thought Odd Thomas and Burying the Ex were fun spooky comedies. I didn't know he was in Green Room until I watched it today though.

youtube.com/watch?v=rpRK1t-30L0

its crazy how the arm scene was scarier than the throat cutting or shotgun blasts

Yeah, the arm made me physically cringe, the other parts albeit really great and brutal, just didnt have the impact as the arm did

what exactly is brutal about it? it was pretty meh

mangina

fuck off

visually its not that brutal or gory but because its used so well and appropriately it has more of an impact

not really

the arm scene was shocking and quite realistic

you stand alone on this one, user

okay

pretty meh
some of the actions scene felt too rushed and i dont think the editing is quite perfect
6/10 all the acting was great and the setting/plot was believable

One of the reasons its so good is because its a big surprise. You think they might just be trying to grab the gun break through the door, his arm might be being crushed by the door, nothing big, hes scared, but then he pulls his arm back and its chopped up and his hand is almost falling off.

The fact this is called a 'horror' movie is pathetic. It's obviously not a horror.

Other than that, it's fine. I like Imogen Poots a lot.

>that jiu jitsu guy falling out of a window

shook my head at his stupidity

HEEEY YYYOUIUU NAAZZZI PUUUNKS

>fucking up the most simple punk lyrics of all time

baka desu senpai

Yeah it was good.

and how does that make it a good movie?

nope i do too

you're reading too much into it

Did Amber have autism? She seemed off the entire film.

Anyone else watch Blue Ruin because of this? Or Murder Party?

>watch this movie expecting blood and guts blood and guts blood and guts
>its just some fucking average horror movie with barely any gross out gore
You fuckin lied to me Sup Forums

>Okay, they've grabbed his arm to stop him getting back inside to close the door
>Man, he sure is screaming a lot for some reason
>Oh... oh, fuck

i watched blue ruin
was quite good, havent seen murder party yet seems kind of cringy 2bh

you asked how it was brutal you fag.

He's describing his experience of watching the film. He's not talking about some artistic meaning.

I watchded blue ruin before this and expected great things becaause I loved that movie
Green room was great, dont get me wrong, but I feel like it didnt have the impact on me like blue ruin did. Blue Ruin had so much focus and integretity for the main character, especially since macon blair is pretty much unheard of and he did and amazing job. I was so glad that he showed up in green room, but it just felt like another slasher movie to me. Imogen poots was cute and amazing as always though

>Fuck, this movie is brutal, damn good too. That arm scene was intense.

blue ruin had much fewer characters and 80% of the screen time was dedicated to blairs character

WELL MAYBE
THIS BITCH SHOULDN'T BE IN MOOVIESS

Actually watched Murder Party a few weeks ago since I loved Green Room and Blue Ruin so much. Was expecting it to be cringy (due to the movie poster and stills I've seen) but it was actually really fucking enjoyable.

Once you get over the look of the film (it obviously looks significantly cheaper than Blue Ruin and Green Room), it's a pretty fun. From the get go you realise Saulnier has a real eye for angles, movement and editing. I was also surprised by the comedic elements (take a shot every time a character says "dildo").

Was happy to hear that Macon and Saulnier were teaming up again for another movie too. I hope those two never stop collaborating.
>“Hold the Dark” is an intense tale of fate, family, and revenge set in the remote Alaskan wilderness. When a child is taken from his village by a pack of wolves, an expert hunter is summoned to track and destroy them.

Get ready for some Wolfkino, lads.

Im the op, I said that, someone else replied to you, and that sentence means it was a brutal movie, and its good. Not that it is good because it is brutal.

why is it good?

ENEMY > This garbage

>no pootipi to cuddle with

Good directing, good acting, good action, its pretty scary, its an enjoyable movie to watch, etc.

Great film, best of the year so far. Saulnier is extremly talented.

>Good directing
meh
>good acting
meh
>its pretty scary
no it's not

also implying all those things were true, which they're not entirely, because "good directing" is relative, seeing how the final product is meh, and the acting didn't require shit.

I don't see how someone would support the movie with those argments.

here's your >(you)

they are nothing alike

>tfw no gay poots gf

Why are you even in this thread then if you thought it was meh? You're hardly adding to the discussion.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

gay is her middle name you thirsty fuck

adorable girl and surprisingly funny for a mostly dramatic actress

when will she get a proper role? i'd like to see her work with PTA (though i like to see anyone work with PTA)

BRIT TEEF

stop shiling your crappy movie!

as if you'd turn her down you fat ugly degenerate

i think she wears them well.

Great film but it really needs to be experienced in cinema to fully apreciate it. I watched it in a cinema no bigger than the room they would have been trapped in and I don't think my heart stopped pounding and my asshole unclenched from the second they arrived at the venue.

Cracks where she plays a implied gay and edgy schoolgirl

she looks so much different now

its like her eyes and facial features grew somehow, still hot af though

She was only 20 when she did this movie so she was pretty young.

Also I liked this movie but I will always give it some shit for it for not having her and Juno Temple not fuck in it they had alot sexual tension going on in the movie

both are movies that got way overhyped at first and people talked a lot about its symbolism, Green Room is worse because despite people saying it has symbolism, it's a pretty straightforward slasher.

Valverde completely outshines her in this movie

theres literally no symbolism, thats one of the appeals of saulniers films, they are what they are and are just done incredibly well with no fluff or dumb exposition.

>thats one of the appeals of saulniers films, they are what they are and are just done incredibly well with no fluff or dumb exposition.
holy fuck, hipsters turn everything into a good characteristic whenever they want to like something.

>w-what I like about the movie it's that it's simply what you're seeing

She's funny that way

>nazis are the bad guys
This meme really needs to die.

if you think there needs to be symbolism to be enjoyable thats on you, im saying there is no symbolism in the movie and i dont see how anyone can find any in it.

>hipsters

literally kys

I'm not saying that, I'm saying that being symbolic and not being symbolic are used to say the movie is good.

theres many reasons the movie is good and symbolism or lack thereof has nothing to do with it, its not like theres some checklist of things that need to be marked in order for something to qualify as good

Yea honestly I agree Valverde killed it with her performance. The parts where she was filled with absolute terror every time Eva try coming on to her were great.

Though I didn't like her character to much, she was a annoying moralfag and if she just fuck Eva she wouldn't have die.

>a movie with eva green coming on to a young school girl

welp i know what im watching later

>killing someone for leaving the movement

Give me a break.

especially since he was MVP up until that point

emily was killed by werm because she was cheating on him with daniel and also was planning to run off with him

It's actually kinda of a depressing and frustrating movie once you start to feel sorry Eva character.

Reddit Meme Hype: The Movie

After finally seeing it I was thoroughly disappointed and give it a 4/10

.webms of the cool scenes when?

when i learn how to make webms

there's a program literally called webm for retards

i still couldn't figure it out

this isnt me btw

this is me btw

I actually thought this was a wasted opportunity. I thought it would be like a house of horrors kind of movie in a twisted punk club. The club itself had a really creepy atmosphere and they even start by playing a song that sours the crowd. But then it becomes a movie about a grumpy, old, well-spoken villain and his bald lackeys.

I don't really know what I wanted out of it, but it wasn't what I got.

rob zombie is making a movie that sounds something like that, although not exactly punk

Filth with James McAvoy
She plays a minor role but the movie's still dope

What I got out of it was a lean action movie that subverted the expected action cliches at every turn. And I felt somewhat connected to the surviving characters by the end and cared what happened to them. But mainly it was the satisfaction of watching the people on screen trying to kill each other and everything playing out realistically rather than like an action movie (particularly the anticlimax climax of the final encounter with jean luc).

If you like brutal films, watch this

Nah, you just need to die.