Unpopular Sup Forums Opinions

ITT: We state and discuss our opinions that directly conflict the common opinions of those on this god forsaken board.

I'll start

On Avery Island is superior to ITAOTS.

>On Avery Island is superior to ITAOTS.
that's a fact

Well yeah it is. I'd say the only people that disagree are plebs that only listened to ITAOTS and none of the old demos or anything.

On Avery Island has really cool use of sound like that whole collage at the end, plus fantastic tracks like Naomi and Three Peaches and Song Against Sex, but I still say ITAOTS is better because it's such a cohesive piece of work. And the lyrics on Aeroplane are unbelievable while the lyrics on Avery are just great.

that's a fact

>There are people on this board RIGHT NOW who have never been lulled to sleep by the soft sounds of the Beauty tape

I don't feel like ITAOTS has a song that's quite as good as the On Avery Island version of April 8th

The ultimate contrarian opinion desu. If unironically think this you should kys.

>old NMH demos
>not garbage
Stop

Electro Swing and Witch House are great genres

Grimes is good

There are some rough tracks no doubt, but I dig lo-fi stuff and there are some good tracks throughout them.

death grips is good

Lana Del Rey is not good

>unpopular

bad bad not good

Compilations are fine.

Real unpopular opinion: Death Grips fucking suck but are one of the few interesting music acts around. The fact that that noise got signed to a major label is impressive, and even though I don't like their sound they have an interesting aesthetic and they seem pretty genuine and not like sell-outs or people who are just being edgy for the sake of it

So it really is one big meme, I honestly believed that most stating that ITAOTS is superior actually had knowledge of their backlog. Aside from the people who just like the jokes. Forgive me for believing people on a music board, had some knowledge of music.

It's not that it isn't a good album or anything, it's a great album, it's just there's an unwarranted amount of people that say it is because it's the only one they've ever heard.

twenty one pilots are better than radiohead, father john misty, and sufjan stevens

This

fuck urself m8 bucket is top tier

Any person who's not a rockist understands this. It's unpopular on Sup Forums cause there are a lot of autists who refuse to listening to anything but whole albums, but it's not unpopular irl.

that's not unpopular, that's stupid

superior? not even close mate, avery is great but itaots is on a whole other level.

>A lot of indie and alternative is quite good

>sometimes things are popular because they are good

>death grips is not that great

Akuma no Uta is Boris' best album. The rest of their discography is bad.

>The fact that that noise got signed to a major label is impressive
>noise
nice falceflag

If you hate AC/DC, you're just hopping aboard a bandwagon to look more /patrician/ because in high school the kid who fucked your crush before you even got her number listened to mostly AC/DC.

yep it's not because the music is unilaterally boring nope no way

>in high school the kid who fucked your crush before you even got her number listened to mostly AC/DC

what's a 60 year old doing in Sup Forums

All of them because there is always someone here who will take the other side.

Yeezus is one of the greatest hip hop works of the decade solely for it's bold sonic approach. It's sound has already inspired so many clones that wish they could get on it's level. The fact that it's so ahead of it's time means that in ~10 years every hip hop album will try to copy it's unreproducible sound.

Pablo honey is Radiohead's best album.

Electric Wizard are great but Come My Fanatics is a bit underwhelming

>King of Carrot Flowers pt. 2&3 is ITAOTS's worst track
>Brother Sport is MPP's worst track
>Yeezus is trash
>Death Grips are pretty boring (maybe I don't "get it" yet, idk)
>The Death of Pablo > The Life of Pablo
>Pablo Honey is alright
>The Most Lamentable Tragedy is Titus Andronicus's best album by far
>Velvet Underground & Nico is vastly overrated
>Sup Forums is a great place to discuss and discover music
plz no bully

yeah but that doesn't make on Avery island a better album.

objectively false

This
No one can actually think OAI is better

OP here, I do

I think Deathconsciousness is overrated.
It's not bad, but I don't see why so many people drool over it

People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm is the best album by A Tribe Called Quest

nine inch nails have never done a bad album

the worst studio album released is the slip, which was still pretty good

the lyrics in a song are nothing more than a means to flesh the singer's voice.
any depth or meaning to those lyrics is merely a bonus, anything relying on the lyrics to uphold it as art is poetry, not music.

I like Tame Impala

Yeah he's alright