hey Sup Forums
does the "friendzone" real?

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends/
news.berkeley.edu/2015/02/12/love-in-the-lab/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not even Capt. Kirk, and the Enterprise can escape the friendzone

Yes

Yes.. I been a victim of friendzone...around 10 years ago i met A STUNNING girl .. who i was spending lots of time with along with a group of friends... Told her i love her WAY TOO LATE
she always treated me as a friend ..well not in the beginning but i was too blind and too shy to do anything then

Sure does, but the one of the "nice guy" who "never gets a chance" is a small part of it that's made to look like that's all it is. Those guys DO exist, but aren't the main part.

The main part are the guys that just truly do like a girl, want to be with her, and the girl knows this. She uses their "friendship" for things, like her real friends aren't on/answering so she uses him to bitch/vent to, or even free meals where she spends the whole time on her phone talking to her real friends and giving him lip service. She won't actually come out and say he doesn't have a chance, because if she did he might not keep pursuing her
that's the real, most common, friendzone. chicks who are too selfish to tell the poor guy he has no chance, and leads him on however much to get him to keep thinking one day maybe.

Yes. Every girl isn't obligated to fuck you. Enjoy the simple fact that you've got a trusted friend, and quit being a pathetic beta orbiter.

>trusted friend
>woman

>entitled manling

Even if you or I were never existed, women would still be shit people.

jfc no there's no such thing as a friend zone it's just a lack of attraction, stop being such autists

>Does the friendzone real

There are shit people everywhere. Either quit wearing your heart on your sleeve, or quit crying every time your feefees get hurt by a big mean girl.

his bro take care of him more than himself

It's almost like she categorized you based on a lack of attraction and decided, "He's a good guy but we can never be more than friends".

Him if only we could come up with a term for this, like... I dunno, "Buddy area" or "Netflix and not chill".

Friendzone is simply when a guy tries to let his intentions known to a girl and her reply is "lets just be friends" you are now friendzoned.

Not implication of "sex is owed" or anything like that, simply that a girl thinks you're only friend material and you will never escape it *unless you become famous or rich.

UP to the dude to man up and say "lol k bye" but thats all the friend zone is, chicks can be friendzoned too, you wont see the top guys banging a porker either so theres that.

Fuck. Thank you... at least someone here sees sense.

They NEVER had a chance with the girl, it just took those autismos too long to figure it out.

>if only we could come up with a term for this, like... I dunno, "Buddy area" or "Netflix and not chill"
There is a term for it, it's called being ugly

The lack of attraction is decided in the first 10 seconds of meeting someone, and nothing a guy does will ever change it, including developing a deep personal connection.

The friendzone is real my friend.

seeing her face, i wouldnt jump to the conclusion he wants to drill her

Nah thats not it, ugly dudes get chicks all the time (fame, money).

You're pretty moronic if you think its as simple as being ugly

Yes
Sage

Only pussy faggots dwell on it until it's a psychosis, like this faggot . There are billions of women, if you're under 30, and looking for "the one", prepare for a lifetime of wizardry.

Friendzone is where a girl leads you on and then decides to just be friends, even after fucking and almost starting a relationship. It's a shitty situation but if they don't wanna be with you after almost being together then you gotta cut your losses. Then you've got faggots who think friendly girls have friendzoned them, or just creeps in general who don't understand that you can have normal female friends.

It does exist but for the most part it's just lonely neckbeards mistaking their situation for what they think is the friendzone.

i asked my sister and she denied it exists, while my brothers gf said yes it did and that she had friendzoned more than one guy in the past.

Well you're a little bit right
The part where "friend zone" rhetoric becomes problematic is when whiny betas try to use the "developing a deep personal connection" as their pickup tactic, and don't realize how shitty that is. It's manipulative, it's backhanded, it's a bad way to go about getting laid, too. So then they bitch and moan about being in the friend zone, and "stay friends" with the chick, just hanging on hoping to catch some stray pussy like a beta orbiter.

Instead, you should make your intention known fairly early on, establish whether or not they're interested in you, and then, if they're not, you either stay their friend earnestly because you enjoy their friendship, or you fuckin' bounce, keep it moving, and find someone else.

There's not a "friend zone" so much as there is a "not interested in fucking/dating" zone, and where you go from there is your own choice. Many choose wrong.

The Friendzone is only real if you allow it to become real.

This guy gets it.

"Friend zone" survivor here. Yeah, it's a thing, but you do it to yourself. If you are interested in a girl, and she isn't interested in you, she's not obligated to go out with you at some point. And if the only reason you hang around is to try and get with her, and it's obviously not happening, you've put yourself in the friend zone.

does it real?

do

Here's a guy who fucking gets it

This is actually true. Also nice trips

A. Friendzone is ONLY if you're interested in woman sexually, just men and women being friends, doesn't mean friendzone.

B. Friendzone is easy to get out of, if she's not interested in you, move on, problem solved, it's not that big of a deal, friendzone is a choice that YOU make, not the girl.

Just move on, to other women, if she says no, don't keep texting her every morning etc.

Dead-fucking-on. They don't do it to you, you do it to yourself.

I was hanging out with some people the other day, one guy clearly not in a good place missing his ex (who has a new beau). Eventually the group moves back to her apartment (because her roommate is one of the people hanging out) and he's sitting clearly uncomfortable trying to maybe have a good time while his ex is in THE OTHER ROOM with her new boyfriend, probably fucking.
I wish I could have just reached out, patted him on the shoulder, and said "C'mon, man. It's hard watching you do this to yourself."

And then I fucked the roommate's stupid fucking brains out. It was great. I'd already fucked the other girl (his ex) before, too. Don't be an orbiter.

I've seen many friendzoned, it's sad af, years of listening to their shit in hope you'll get pity sex. Fucking pathetic.

There's also the beta that will seek the friendzone. He and his target will enter a complex psychological game of what if oh no we can't it won't work. Typically if you find yourself doing this it's because your self esteem is trash. These types also Walter Mitty the shit out of each other. They build fake lives that they only divulge to the person. Since they cannot back it up they can't get turned on with each other. I'm sure there's a name for it folie a deux or some shit similar

If anyone deals with that shit it's their own fault, no self respect for themselves. Stop playing the victim.

Thisery

Truth

Hell yeah it exists. To say it doesn't is like saying unrequited love doesn't exist. They are the same thing, friendzone is just the new term form the late 90s.

I don't even get it she's an actual munter as well

Friend zone only applies if you want a relationship them and they don't. I am a straight male with plenty of female friends and I don't want or pursue relationships with any of them because I view them in the same regards as my male friends. You will only get friendzoned by someone you want a relationship with if they have no interest in you, which by then is a lost cause, or if you don't openly tell them how you feel. Met my fiance in high school. First week I knew her I told her how I felt about her even though she was in a relationship, she felt the same, so she left him for me. Long story short, don't be a pussy when talking to someone you're attracted to.

>chicks who are too selfish to tell the poor guy

Blaming the girl is lame. If you stayed in the friendzone with some bonkers chick and never dealt with it for years, share your story so others can learn from it.

My sister-in-law is one of those women. She is a basketcase who genuinely has NO IDEA she is stringing guys along even when it is ridiculously obvious to everyone else. Some people are just nuts. Its a learning experience for the guy, he needs to rally some self respect and move on.

See I'm not sure if i count as a beta or not but I go for the friendzone. If I'm trying to fuck you I'm trying to fuck you, you will know that, but I've had such a weird home life and a fucked up relationship with my mother that I just want to be friends with most of the women I meet.

I hate that when you're genuinely nice to a woman they assume you're doing it to get with them so either girls start seeing signals that aren't there or try to ward you off preemptively. I don't want to get with you I honestly want to know your opinion on this cd.

Real question is if men and women can be just friends in the first place. Some research suggests no. One of the two is most likely to want more out of the friendship, even if they never act on it.

scientificamerican.com/article/men-and-women-cant-be-just-friends/

Of you're not interested in her, it's not the friend zone, it's just called being friends, you fucknut.

No such thing as a friend zone. People who claim they have been friend zoned are up set they got rejected. Being friends with someone doesn't mean there is a obligation for a relationship. If a guy helps a girl out she is not obligated to have sex or a relationship with him. Vice Versa if it is the other way around.

>the lack of attraction is decided in the first 10 seconds of meeting someone
>nothing a guy does will ever change it

beta logic 101

Yeah women can hold no blame ha.

what the actual fuck

They can. But if you blame the woman instead of yourself, you'll never learn or grow.

Friendzone = unrequited love.

New term, same meaning. It's real just deal with it.

I'd say in general that's correct, but I've had one or two female friends that I honestly have no attraction to whatsoever, and I find it very doubtful they had any feelings towards me.

Yeah, but that's not how the world and all my fucking friends see it.

>why are you even hanging out with her, you're not going to get any
>dude she fucking wants it man, don't be a pussy

If you're just being figurative, I get you, but I do hope you realize that what you described is not "the friend zone". Looking for friendship is not "the friend zone", only sticking around to catch scraps from the table is.

And I wouldn't give the girls too much of a hard time for being defensive like that. Even if you're straight-up and say what you mean, a lot of guys aren't, and that's something they gotta be on their guard about, otherwise they end up having some nerd flip his shit at them for no reason. And even if you tell them you're being straight-up... I'm sure those beta orbiters said the same thing.

I have lots of girls that are "just friends" even after we sleep together. Friend zone only happened when a guy doesn't move on.

I imagine that's very rare. I don't think I have a female friends who I wouldn't hook up with if they offered. So those one or two female friends may actually be into you.

Shit's real man. I dated a girl with that orbiter. Bailed so fucking hard lol

In this scenario, it's 99% the guy's fault. He holds the power to simply leave. She can't exactly flip a switch and be attracted to your busted ass.

He's exaggerating, but there's something to that principle. Girls act on intuition, gut feelings, if you've blown it right off the bat, it's hard to get that back, sometimes impossible. And generally speaking, turning things around after a bad first impression is generally
1. requiring a lot of time and effort
2. has a slim chance of success
and such, is
3. not worth the time, go start fresh with some other chick. nobody's that special. other fish in the sea.

Author Aron may beg to differ.

news.berkeley.edu/2015/02/12/love-in-the-lab/

100% of betas can get out of the friendzone by liking multiple girls and not putting one above the other like some holy angel sent from heaven

100% of betas can get attention by some public show of balls in this betaized society

it's that simple, don't overcomplicate it

This kills the man.

Yes one of my friends was suffering from this, you see he was a nice guy, got himself a steady job and a car and everything except for a woman. And those bitches they knew that, so they started manipulating him into giving them money driving tgem around he even lent his car and they crashed it.
Thats how most women are, beware of them and look for signs

Seems like it's still the one who is interested who would have to initiate something like this.

So your beta friend spent all his money on shitty women who wouldn't fuck him and let them drive his car?

The world will be better for his lack of breeding

that's tragic, but he did it to himself.
if he was looking for something with someone, he shoulda been more straightforward about it.
and I know, "oh well, it's not so simple, he was trying to get someone, they were dragging out the courtship process"

NO, BITCH
ARE YOU IN
OR OUT
MAKE YOUR DECISION, QUIT WASTING MY TIME AND MONEY
Then it's on to the next one if they're not.

Now, if they were gold-diggers, dating him for his success, that's harder to get around, but that's also another issue entirely.
Being manipulated and led on without being in a relationship has an easy fix. See above.

kek

I swear it feels like every nick i the same person.

No doubt. I was speaking more to people assuming if someone isn't attracted to you that's it. Science may change that haha

>Walter Mitty
Holy crap I've been looking for this name for years... Apparently they've made into a shitty movie :(

Thanks user, carry on with your thread

No it's called a lack of mutual attraction which leads to unrequited love in beta males.

The friendzone isn't a thing, it's just pussies who can't handle rejection and have to make up some stupid bullshit to save face on their ego.

No shit, so don't be a beta creep who dotes on her like she's the goddamn queen of your everything
If you want out of the "friendzone" realize there's no such fucking thing and we're all just people trying to find someone we can stand to be around. It's as simple as that. You don't need any other bullshit than to be who you are. Assuming you're not a socially inept idiot who looks at every woman as a potential fuck you will find people who care to be around you

>you see he was a nice guy
DING DING DING
Beta pussy red flag #1. I didn't realize retards genuinely used the "nice guy" bullshit outside of memery.

while this is true, i want to add that women like any sort of attention and approval, thats why they rarely shut down flirts and the likes

it's not their job to shut it down. it's the guy's job.

Don't be an orbiter, try not to be a faggot to your bro in front of his face either.

>it's the guy's job.
that just makes him controlling. its definitely her job, not necessarily alone though

>Dead-fucking-on. They don't do it to you, you do it to yourself.
quit this shit you fucking retard. why are you cunts unable to understand both are at fault?