When did you realize that you are not the worlds most uniquely talented special snowflake...

When did you realize that you are not the worlds most uniquely talented special snowflake, you will never be a respected musical 'artist' and no one will ever give a shit about you or anything you do?

How has this revelation affected you as you progress through your miserable existence?

I start lifting and gain respect with my close peers.

Why are you projecting so hard?

I already am though, and yet here I am shitposting on Sup Forums.

why would i want to appeal to masses of people i don't even know?

what matters is that the people i like like me back.

if you're making music because you want to be respected then you're just projecting your insecurities onto something in which you will, of course, never reach your goals.

I think most people here who make music are not like this, most people here make music because they like to make music.

When did you realise that you don't really like anything you're doing in your life? When did you realise everything you've ever tried to be good at you've only tried because you hoped you'd get good enough to have people recognise your skill? When did you realise that without actual real talent and passion you would never be able to reach a level at which you would be recognised?

How has this revelation affected your progress towards an early death?

You know what. I came to a different realization. Nobody is particularly unique. Talent is nurtured, not possessed. Dumb ghetto trash screaming about crack and guns isn't artistry and the entire music business is a front for drug peddling and human trafficking. Kys faggot.

This is true, it matters WHO likes your music and whether they have good taste, not how many like your music. Quality over quantity.
Also this, if you started making music to make money and to get people to think you were cool, you shouldn't be a musician. Literally 0% of great musicians make music because of that, so get out. Music's full.

No you aren't.

this

I never thought I was special bc I'm not a fucking idiot. There's plenty of stuff to enjoy in this life without pinning your happiness on others' opinions.

What's wrong bro? He can't hurt you anymore

Go to bed, Richard.

They don't though

more projecting... it's ok to ask for help

9th grade and it hit me hard. I wanted to be a scientist and then I learned I was no smarter than the average person and was worth less to society than even serial killers. I'm stupid and lazy. I'm lonely. I will never connect to someone like a real person and there's no personality left underneath my depression.

>you will never be a respected musical 'artist' and no one will ever give a shit about you or anything you do?
best thing. now i can do whatever i want without judgment

Everyone who makes music does it because they like to make music.

Also, everyone who makes music and releases it in any form, posts it online or ever lets anyone else even listen to it thinks that they are uniquely talented and have something to offer that people might enjoy or appreciate.

There is millions of times more music in existence than any one person could ever listen to in their lifetimes, there is no other reason to attempt to divert anyone's attention to your own creations than that you think you have something to offer that no one else does.

The level of denial in this thread is astounding. I see most of you are still trying to cover yourself with the ' I do it 4 da love of da music I dont care what no one thinkz any1 else is in it 4 da rong reason btw follow me on soundcloud xD' delusion.

Dude, stop shitting all over youself and try to get better.

It's very easy to get famous, user. Just suck copious amounts of circumcised penis, don't ask questions and something oughta come down the pike.

I have asperger's nigro. Is it?

When my son draws a picture of a cat he shows it to me. I'm sure he shows it to his classmates at school as well. He's very proud of his picture of his cat. He has no concept of fame or acclaim, he just wants to share a picture he is proud of with people he thinks are like him.

Wanting to share your music with people on a website you've visited for years with the rest of the people on that website is just like my son sharing his picture.

Exactly right, it is seeking external validation that you have created something worthwhile. But your son's picture fucking sucks just like your music.

>But your son's picture fucking sucks just like your music.
What's your point?

The point is the question in the OP

I just listen to more music. That and have anonymous bareback sex with muscle bottom cumsluts.

>not even addressing the points I made
p4k is the CTR of music and an affront to God.

This so fucking much

I'm assuming you are , let me break your shit down for you.

>When did you realise that you don't really like anything you're doing in your life?
I like everything I do outside of work

>When did you realise everything you've ever tried to be good at you've only tried because you hoped you'd get good enough to have people recognise your skill?
This is the point of this thread, I though you were with me for a second until...

>When did you realise that without actual real talent and passion you would never be able to reach a level at which you would be recognised?
HAHAHA nigga you dumb as fuck aren't you. You were so close to getting it.

That aint me
>HAHAHA nigga you dumb as fuck aren't you. You were so close to getting it.
Great point though

How is this supposed to help anyone? Maybe you're not trying to help anyone but yourself in the first place. Imagine if artists you admire had the same attitude. What would've happened? By your reasoning, there's nothing to be gained from making art, because there is always someone better. If the majority of people had that mentality, not only art, but society wouldn't have progressed to any significant degree.

>How is this supposed to help anyone?
severely misunderstanding the point of this thread

I think his point is that there is no point to this thread

>the moment you stop thinking of yourself as an artist is the moment your music becomes good

/thread
>inb4 u cant /thread urself fgt

The universe is apathetic
Any purpose that can be found is derived from biological drives that led to our existence.
My purpose will differ from yours for no other reason then I am me and you are you
And yet the consequences of such a simple difference will ultimately be irrelevant.
When the game is over the king and the pawn go back in the same box

>implying your music will ever become good
>implying everyone who creates doesn't think of themselves as an artist
>implying everyone who creates doesn't have legitimate claim to being an artist
>implying everyone else can't legitimately deny that claim
>implying you can /thread yourself
>implying can /thread yourself just because you pointed out that you /threaded yourself

Indeed. The earth and sky your cradle, the earth and sky your tomb.

I'm just gonna continue to be a 'musician' as a hobby while i trudge through everything else in life. I've never had any ambitions of being known for my music let alone making money off of it, because I've always recognized that i absolutely am not good/lucky/driven enough for that to ever happen so in my mind it's never really been an option. I make music because it's fun, and, while it's an extremely important activity for me personally, I'm content with it not being my defining chacteriatic for people who know me.
Making music has always been like reading a book or playing a videogame or watching TV shitposting, although slightly more constructive than those i guess, in that its some thing i do when I'm bored to pass the time everyday and just because I'm not famous because of it doesn't mean I'm gonna stop. It's always been a solitary, introspective activity and I've never been comfortable telling people i make music, forget about sharing my music with others.
That being said, I sometimes get scared knowing that i will die someday, maybe soon and unexpectedly, and with me all the songs that i created will die with me and 99% of the people who knew me would have no idea about this massive, hugely important aspect of my life that i held very dear

Great, so you're just shitposting and reply baiting.

Is it that hard to just make music on the side as your hobby, and release it on the internet for the fucks?
You realize how fucking stupid you'd be, as a human being, to live in our age right now and NOT make use of the potential the internet offers?
When I craft a song, it costs me NOTHING to simply upload it online and hope that perhaps someone will stumble across it and like it. If no one does, i don't care. I had my fun with creating the music, now you just let it speak for itself.
The entire argument of "oh you think your music is worth someone else's time you pretentious fuck?" is absolutely baseless for me since you're not forcing anyone to sit through your shit. If my music gets a play it's because someone VOLUNTARILY pressed play on my track.
I understand your frustration with being a statistical failure in the field of music user, but realize that it does you no good to try and bring everyone else down when there are millions of musicians out there who don't think about things like you. Millions who are perfectly fine with creating music, even if the only audience they're playing for is themselves.
Until then, wallow in your own pessimism and failure OP.

Please refer to and don't waste your time in this thread anymore.

would very much like to mate with her

As much as everyone else on this god forsaken website, but really I just like to see how people respond to this kind of thinking rather than the usual 'follow ur dreamz and nething r possible' or 'I just do it for the love of the music maaaan' type of bullshit that you see every day. It's a pessimistic mindset, but there is some cold hard reality to this line of thinking that a lot of people are in denial of.

Also top kek at everyone assuming I have failed at music and am somehow projecting.

>thinking you have something special to add to the world in what you perceive is a unique way even though it's not all that special or unique at all
first of all whats wrong with this again?
mediocre people listen to mediocre music made by mediocre musicians that has a mediocre impact on their mediocre lives every day and it will never stop
why would people communicate at all, let alone make music and release it in any form, unless they thought they had something to offer that people might enjoy or appreciate to elicit some kind of reaction?
for example: your post. do you think you're sentiment is unique or special in any way? why didn't you just keep your thought to yourself? although i dont necessarily believe this, it could be argued that your post only serves as a way to get validation from other anons in the form of (You)'s.

It's fucking glorious isn't it, if that isn't a 10 then I don't know what is.

Pretty much explained it in the post above you.

Thanks for your well thought out reply, I hope you have a great day.

this?

There are a few constructive replies and one of those was mine, which you simply dismissed by stating I'm missing the point of your thread and you went back to talking about projection for the fifth time. Good way of ensuring you don't get more "follow ur dreamz" replies.

That is also a very nice looking lady and I would like to put things into her various holes.

I mean, I got shit for my musical abilities everyday in College. Hasn't really stopped me releasing music.

men dont want this gross lanky ass body, maybe if youre a tallfag

they want this

oh okay ya this is me and i guess i go over my thoughts, which I'm sure aren't unique but are at least sincere lol, on that idea here
solid thread op, thought it was just a shitpost at first but you seem alright

I like that body and I like the OP body. So many sexy ladies on this earth, why be so picky.

Is that hand from goatse?

I don't think there's much to add to what you said, seems like a pretty reasonable attitude and doesn't reek of over-defensiveness like some of the other replies.

Here's your (You) friend

Acceptance. You are mediocre and there's not much of a chance that will change, accept it or suffer depression until you off yourself.

i already am all those things
because i dont base my life on the acceptance of others
like you pathetic cunts m8

When did you realize that this chick was bangin?

We knew all along

Even though nihilism is un-refutable, it doesn't mean we have to embrace it, or ask "why" until we find that all reasons are ultimately meaningless. If I play a show with my shitty band at a bar with most of the audience being in shitty bands, it's like we have a little club where we share our creations. Most of the people there have no delusions of grandeur and are just wanting to get out and play with like minded people. It's like a club or an amateur art show. It's like presenting in front of the class. Can saying something is cathartic or fun be a good reason to do something?

>no one will ever give a shit about you or anything you do?
I got friends and family who care about me, which is more than I figured I had or would ever have when I was younger. So that's a definitive plus.

If it doesn't generate taxable income, you're wasting your time, goy.

Didn't yet but I'm still in the very early drafting stages of my blooming

Good luck friend

I find most of the dudes who are actually fairly talented do have delusions of grandeur. Small town music scenes are quite embarrassing because there are only a small handful of legitimately talented people who actually get out there and get shit done, since they are more skilled and motivated than most of the people around them they don't realize that there are thousands of people like them in any decent size city, and even where they live there are hundreds more who just can't really be bothered going through all the trouble of getting a decent band together to play in front of 30 people for free.

I don't know about big cities because I never lived in one, but that's been my experience. Some of the most talented people are pretty cool though.

I make music that I like. I only started learning how to play an instrument to supplement my love for listening to music. I don't even share it, I just make it and store it away.

>I don't know about big cities because I never lived in one

I can only speak for NYC since it's the only major city I've lived in, but the bands their suck fat crowning shit. I don't lay the blame entirely on them as space comes at a premium and you need a pretty awesome building to pull off the living room jam thing. Most of the more polished acts I see in the local scene is neo-cabaret novelty type acts. Overall, significant downtick in quality compared to bands from surrounding suburbs.

>Good luck friend
I'll take all the luck I can get, this isn't something that has to be rushed

This is why /r9k/ users should not be allowed on other boards

>a mediocre existence is a miserable one

Dude, you gotta up your misery threshold; you can't be calling your life "miserable" just because you've got a C+/B- existence. Most existences aren't exceptional. If you're like "if I'm not exceptional, then I'm miserable," then you've got a 98% chance of being miserable in any given dimension.

Happiness is a more of a decision, like a goal. You keep a mental list of all the things that put you in a good mood--like certain foods, activities, weather, music, and you use those things to make yourself happy.

Anyway, music makes me happy. So I futz around with music.

yes, i have certain ideas that i want some musician to put out there, but i don't see anyone past or present doing that, that's mostly why i've started to make it myself in a slightly more serious way
i am a unique special snowflake until proven otherwise

>i am a unique special snowflake until proven otherwise
This is the best response in the thread

A few days ago. Even though I've started playing music a year ago so far, and had already written several songs I enjoy as much as the ones I've always loved, I still realize they're not good and powerfull enough to get attention. I think fame and money are easily achievable today, all you need is quality music, really good music, that will sound like a fucking moment of truth when you hear it.

I had classical guitar lessons as a kid but I never wanted to practice. I've started from scratch last year (24) and I've gotten pretty good but nothing special. I think that if I really had the potential to be great, then I wouldn't have been able to quit as a child. My real talent where I am actually head and shoulders above most people is in mathematics.

>you are not the worlds most uniquely talented special snowflake, you will never be a respected musical 'artist'
Why would anyone think otherwise? Have you actually made anything worth to be unique and respected music-wise?