Is marriage fun?

Is marriage fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9GXPd0fnpKw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

With the right person.

So, no? My girlfriend has been bugging me to marry her for like 7 years.

Not if you don't share a high level of enthusiasm for each other and doing crazy shit together without belittling and disrespecting one another...

so no. no it isn't fun. it is the longest jounery and work without promotion you will ever endure in your entire life. at any point he/she/it is capable of turning against you in innumerable ways and take you down paths you wouldn't have otherwise considered such as murder and fornication...

*I'm married. Divorced once. Should've waited...

Do you want to be hooking up with the neighbor at 40?

I have been married for 3 years and so far so good

would staying together forever without the marriage label make a difference?

i dont see the point in getting married than she has something better to call me instead of her boyfriend when were 35

moving together soon idk how i will be able too, where is alone time, how do you make it work with the same person every single day

weve been together 5 years already but i know her to core, can predict what shes going to say or do a lot of the time

i guess having her predictible is a good safe thing but god is it boring

She looks between 60 and 70, so if she were like 30 years younger, sure.

To make it fun you have to be with someone as dedicated and as cooperative as you are. Seeking not to just build yourself or each other but the relationship as a whole. For the sake of your marriage have lots of sex and protect yourself form having kids for a time. Without kids you can travel and mix things up a bit without worry on who will babysit and how much time is left to screw around or enjoy a moment. Time flies when you're having fun and then its back to a needy baby that although brings a type of joy also puts a damper on the sexual intensity absolutely needed for your marriage survival.

With the right person yes

It is seriously the same exact thing as dating, but there is a legal contact that binds you, and if you breach it you are going to lose a ton of money.

No, not really.
Don't do it.

Watch Sam Kinison
youtube.com/watch?v=9GXPd0fnpKw

it is still absolutely mind blowing to me how there are people who willingly want to have children in this day and age

like oh my god do they not even think about what is going happen to their lives? what a serious waste

sure its fun....i love married women

once baby enters priorities shift and vices either become limited or are tossed altogether.

Alone time for each individual is also important and should be discussed and scheduled out with respects to both parties. (I enjoy the gym or gaming after work, but she 'feels' that our time is shortened because of it. We have a 8month old. So what little time we would have together anyway goes to the baby as soon as she begins to cry for a number of reasons. in turn; isn't 'fair' (boohoo) for me cause I'm trying to relax and not become a fat ass come clock out time from work...and also, if there was more sex involved I would look forward to going home sooner, (run on) seeing the baby is great but it is also work as soon as I get home. leaving one job for another. there are other variables involved as well. location, time, individual needs, daily maintenance on all things and people involved.

Depends on the spouse.

It "can" be. But if you see yourself doing the long haul with said person, then you must sacrifice a lot in order to compromise in order to keep it fresh between you two. If you're not willing to compromise, then the "fun" starts to dwindle.

Sometimes it's about career goals, other times it's about certain sexual acts you enjoy.

Sometimes it's about one person compromising, when the other person sacrifices, and vice-versa.

This. Be prepared to start over if something over powers her mind and she decides to go AWOL

Would she be more comfortable having a threesome if we were married?

I have to agree. Baby was a gift to her and the rest of the family. I'm the disciplinarian. Just hope she won't turn out to add to the chaos.

I'm not sure user. I'm not married. But I have a girlfriend for about 5 years, and we have been living together for the last 3 years. We share all expenses and, except for me not using her healthcare plan, I see no difference from beeing married (which we intend to soon, we just wanna get a little bit more money to not worry about spending on party and honeymoon).
For me, it's great. I love her, i like her, she is funny, extremely intelligent and beautiful.
When we started dating she was a little on the chubby side (just a little. i guess americans wouldn't call her chubby at all), but since then we both started dieting and we have been doing crossfit together for almost two years, and she looks awesome now ( I don't look that bad either, in my humble own opinion).
We share interests, we both have a very deep respect for each other professionally... Sex is good (althought we don't do it as much as in the beggining. once or twice a week nowadays), although she doesn't like anal (we are slooooowly working on that). I think sex with the same partner isn't always new and exciting as sex with strangers, but it does have it's advantagens. and now and then we do try new things.
She also doesn't give me shit when i get too drunk or too high, unless i do some really stupid thing.
She does not cook (that sucks), unless it's some fit craop... But I can cook pretty decently, , so i guess it's all good.

ALl in all user, I think marriage can be awesome, if you find someone good for you.

>(I enjoy the gym or gaming after work, but she 'feels' that our time is shortened because of it.
oh god fucking this

I lived with a gf for over a year, and we had MASSIVE fights over it. I finish work 6:30, hit the gym, come back 9:00 and she is fuming that we don't have time.
It's absolutely exhausting. Now that I live alone I cannot possibly fathom the possibility of spending so much time with another person.

can't complain, i'm very happy with my wife. she's 9 years younger but we work around it

I also cried like a punk ass when I found out that wife had gotten pregnant. Cut that honey moon stage real short and had a flood of dread for the child's future...no I have to father up and make her just as dangerous as the sick and twisted without her getting poisoned by an infinite amount of bad possibilities.

in the end it'll be up to her. I can only do my best and prepare myself so that she can be just as or better prepared. until then...I have a lot of work, blood, sweat, and holding back tears.(This crap is for another post). I fkd up.

She won't like it when you stop working out either.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I can't walk away with out dire consequences from this one though. wife and a baby. So I'm left to own up and play the convincing game. Leaving the wife bent out of shape effects the baby and I'm trying my best to not have her make the same dumb mistakes me and mom did.

That has also crossed my mind too many times. I try to get it in at lunchtime and 4am before work.

Yes. It is also a lot of work. Choose your partner wisely.

Zozzle...like I have money. Marriage gives youcertain legal rights, too, user. Don't forget about that.

I messed up

Damn, you're absolutely correct.

When I got my first place my gf (ex) wanted to move in with me, so we did that. Before long, we couldn't stand one another. It was almost a living nightmare, a couple nights I fantasized about killing her and somehow getting rid of the body. The bitch punched me after an argument and I retaliated, we went our separate ways soon after. Hottest girl I've dated though.

No. Marriage is irrelevant to her sexual boundaries. Ask for what you want. You want a threesome. So ask for it.

Like most of everyone here. It depends on your partner and how well you communicate and dedicate and adjust to one another and hopes, dreams, fill in the blanks.

I got married because of culture. The man made legalities are suppose to infringe on fears of losing stuff collected over time that you've invested in and hurt everyone in the process making either party or both involved look foolish, immature, and angry. (that's all just my opinion. There are other arguments that make sense to me as well so choose wisely)...Make it fun. You are responsible for you and how you approach everything including fights and stupid arguments over nothing produces results not matter how big, small, good, or bad. Its part of having a relationship.

Likewise. My wife is 8 years younger. I love her to death. I consider my marriage to be my biggest accomplishment.

It happens. That's why divorce exists.

>for like 7 years
the only real difference then is money sharing... and taxes and POA rights 'n shit.

This is true. Just ask. Try to respect the answer. Also adding people adds levels of risk on multiple levels.

>Watch this coked out fat guy
fixed that for you
...and thats not to say he's completely wrong. just... realize that dude is on drugs and died at 30 something.

We don't live together

And the part where you make a lifelong committment to someone.

I enjoy it but I actually love my wife. She's one of the only people I enjoy spending extended period of time with. I have more fun with her than anyone else I've ever met.

That's awesome, user. You just made my day!

What are you doing at the gym for that long? Try a more efficient routine.

2 hours is long? That's how long I used to do tkd and hapkido classes every day as a teenager. Then I'd lift.

30 min drive, hour lifting heavy weights, hour of running on the treadmill.
I know. I've found out the hard way with the ex-gf. When I stopped working out to have more time with her...well, to WASTE more time with her, I've gained a lot. and then anal stopped completely, and normal sex came down from once a day to once two weeks.

FUCK THAT.

I now do what I want and I'm happier than I've ever been.

Thanks user I'm glad

yes

There is no reason to marriage, it will only fuck you up.
Note that the biggest industry in law is divorce.
The jews made laws as such that they can make bank if you do get married.

if you're still doubting after 7 years, don't do it

well if he's not living with her then... yea...
why not? cut your rent in half nigga. 7 years of non-cohabitation?!? why you even asking about marriage?

She's been in college for 5 of the years.

there are plenty of legal reasons to be married. Taxes, healthare, etc.

same here, that's the way to go!

so how about start living together, then see if you can handle each other and sort your personalities and free time out around each other. If you can manage for >1 year, you'll probably last a marriage.

But still, how come she is bugging you for 7 years, when she was in college for 5 of them? Why does she want so badly?

It's fun until she gets bored and takes half your shit.

She's afraid of losing me and he parents bug her about it

I've been with my wife for 15 years now, and every year has been a gift. She's a wonderful person, and a lot of fun. I think she's beautiful and sexy, and we still enjoy each other's company and have sex. Although it's more like 1-2 times a week these days, but that's partly my fault because I now have a serious lifelong illness that makes me too tired to want sex as much.

It's not perfect. She doesn't handle stress well, and during a couple of the most stressful times in our lives I considered leaving. But we communicate well and have always worked through our problems. I hope we stay together until our deaths. I really love her.

But if you don't absolutely love spending time with your partner, and don't share the same values (on ethics, finances, relationship expectations, etc) then move on. Being alone is definitely MUCH MUCH MUCH better than being in a terrible, dying relationship.

how old are you?
are you sure that you're really fit for each other? When in doubt, don't do it. Basically marriage is choosing to be eachothers companion for the rest of your life.

So are you like, 25? You definitely don't need to be married at that age. You're still changing and growing a lot as a person. I'd wait until 28 at the youngest.

My neighbour is qt so yes.

it does actually

It is fucking horrible. I would kill myself but I have kids.

kind of

Murder-suicide is the answer. Put them out of their misery now, before they grow up to see how shitty life really is. And then an hero. And leave the wife behind to suffer emotionally to the point where she kills herself as well.

Im 36 and she's 25

>marriage is nothing more than a contract with
>the state.
>the one thing you do not want in this world is a
>contract with the state.

>love needs no paper. Love is a vibration.

>be wise....

It gets boring so you have to cuck yourself out every once in a while.