When your 'masterpiece' is 100% accidental but people still hail you as a genius for making it

when your 'masterpiece' is 100% accidental but people still hail you as a genius for making it

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius#Philosophy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And what do you think is Steven Stapleton's masterpiece?

Insect & Individual Silenced

yeah dam right, check book open please

jk it's Steel Dream March of the Metal Men

filosofem was a pretty sick album though

I assumed he was talking about Chance Meeting

Welcome to music; where retarded drug addicts are for some strange reason called "genius"

But user, do you even know that Stapleton goal is, precisely, making anti-music by methods who envolve accidents?
Go read England's Hidden Reverse and stop making shitty arguments.

LOLed

That's what I assumed too. Stapleton said that Homotopy to Marie was the first fully realized NWW album and his first three albums were just him dicking around

I think he's talking about Soliloquy for Lilith, cos that was completely created by accident

is that just the lighting in the picture, or does he actually look like that?

>tfw no one in Sup Forums knows who we are discussing

Oh ffs it's Soliloquy For Lilith.

It was serendipity.

Neo Sup Forums.

Get out while you still can.

it's steven stapleton you patrician

Yeah I know, but other Sup Forumstards don't.

one bump

Nice meme. I like NWW and even I have a hard time listening to that one. First track is kinda nice though.

I actually wrote the fp. I thought at first the OP might have meant Chance Meeting but this is simply a highly seminal work, and not necessarily a "masterpiece" though the long final track is pretty interesting. Another part of me did think that Soliloquy is a good contender for "best work ever"; assuming that this poster is the OP, thanks for clarification maybe?

Merzbild Schwet is one of my favorites. It's also more studied, plays with quiet bits, and has less RANDOM XD going on like Chance Meeting does. More tape-loopy.

Basically if you like Homotopy then do yourself a favor and go listen to Merzbild Schwet now. The cover art contains a fragment from a famous Durer print.

OP here, Nurse With Wound peaked with Insect & Individual Silenced no doubt about it. Homotopy To Marie is just random loops and noises and Merzbild Schwet is a joke, retard. The whole point of the album was to make people thing their record player was broken. Chance Meeting is second place mainly because of the bonus track found in reissues

This post is designed so hard to make me rage that I just loop back away from rage and can't help but just admire its effort and attention to detail (the popping noise on Merzbild). checking the piss-take appended to the end of Chance Meeting is the real icing.

>implying artists make masterpieces on purpose

how was it "accidental"?

you fucking libcuck retard he just had a bunch of effects pedals and they fucked up and he went "durr this sounds amazing" and released it

>everyone is stupid but me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genius#Philosophy