How would I "start with the greeks" for music

How would I "start with the greeks" for music
If you know what I mean, eh?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg,
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ensemble_de_organographia/music_of_the_ancient_sumerians__egyptians_and_greeks/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea.

Marathon all of the biggest Sup Forums core (ITAOTS, RIL, ITCOTCK, Kid A, etc) and then go forward based on which albums you liked the most (You like RiL, continue with Talking Heads, see: Devo, Oingo Boingo, XTC, Wall of Voodoo)

The Beatles and David Bowie, do you even have to ask

>asks how to start with the Greeks for music
>gets pop music back
This would be the equivalent of someone asking how to get into literature and then saying Harry Potter

Literally start from the top of Piero Scaruffi's Best Rock Albums list and go downward one by one then
If you literally cannot handle rock music and it makes you wanna fucking hurl then don't come to Sup Forums anymore, you won't like it at all, either way go listen to Philip Glass or Beethoven or some shit

literally go here mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg, download all the Sup Forums core, download the rest as you get interested

ITAOTS is the Ulysses of music but okay.

Start with Hildegard von Bingen and work your way to the modern day

Start by clapping your hands, jumping on your feet or playing around with a stick. Roll around in the dirt and make sounds with you throat.

I went to a few lectures on music theory about two decades ago, I seem to recall that Gregorian chants kicked of the course since they utilized the earliest form of modern musical notation and are still playable in the "original".

Music outside of western tradition was dealt with later - even if the examples were older - but that would be the same with literature ofc.

Start with Gregorian plainchant

Top pleb

slave spirituals and plantation songs

Start with Sumerians.
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ensemble_de_organographia/music_of_the_ancient_sumerians__egyptians_and_greeks/

Mozart: music started
Mahler: music ended

i like how you could only wait 3 posts before blowing your load
shit thread shit op

Start with Bach you knob.

Possibly Gregorian Chant as it is one of the earliest uses of musical notation.

Before listening to rock you have to listen to traditional music, american folk and friends.

Start with the 1910s.

don't start here unless you want to turn into an insufferable faggot

1910: Music started

I've been listening through this who list in order. I listen to one album from each group. First a Sup Forumscore album, then a sub-Sup Forumscore album, then a classic, then a hip-hop album, then a bleeps album, then a jazz album, then a metal album. I finished Remain In Light earlier and am now listening to A# B# Infinity

Start with Elvis

Start with Sup Forumscore best bets are
>in the aeroplane over the sea
>in the Court of the Crimson King
>pet sounds

NO Godspeed You black emperor's lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven IS the Ulysses of Sup Forumscore that thing puts me asleep before the last track everytime.

What is this shit?

Classical music, obviously, and make sure to study music theory until you understand everything that's happening.

A bad post, that's what it is

Thank you kind sir.