Www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-analysis-why-ghostbusters-911836?utm_source=twitter

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-analysis-why-ghostbusters-911836?utm_source=twitter

Sony BTFO again

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uq2f-5qgXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

gimme the tldr

As bad as it did in america it will do worse overseas. There's less nostalgic affection for the original and comedies don't travel well, not that it would make much difference in this movie; queefs and slime jokes I imagine are unfunny in all nations.

>Pitch Perfect 2 took in $69.2 million in May 2015.

beaten by a shitty sequel no one wanted

Lol and they want this to become a franchise

Which did worse this or the Warcraft movie?

This.

Even though everybody knows the name Ghostbusters its not really considered a "classic" in Europe.

She's in charge here.

Overall? This will make much less, since most of Warcraft's money comes from China and Ghostbusters is was banned over there.

It's already doing worse and been open longer.

>"We are ecstatic with this opening. We have successfully restarted an important brand," Josh Greenstein, president of worldwide marketing and distribution, told The Hollywood Reporter.

So is that pronounced GreenSTEEN or GreenSTEYN?

The TL;DR is in the OP image.

budget big, earnings small. big no no

>marketing to people who don't exist and or don't buy your product

It's the Marvel Comics approach to marketing

(((Josh Greenstein)))

>problematic

Im sure there are at least 5 niggress' around the world who'll happily buy the new Iron Man.

>a problematic start

that's some top bantz there

They refuse to buy it because it's not being written by a black woman

Gotta disagree, Ghostbusters is definitely considered a classic here (UK). The reboot will do badly here, but not because we don't like Ghostbusters, we just don't have such a problem with SJW virtue signalling here.

It's a problem, but nothing like as bad as in the states, so fewer people will be guilted into seeing this and pretending its good.

>under performing open
>Star Trek and Ice Age open this weekend
>Bourne opens next week

It's finished.

>$46M

decent, but this movie has no legs and there will be at least a 70% drop next week

People keep tossing around "46m estimated". Even since Saturday/Sunday.

Is that the actual figure or will that take more time?

Sony spent $144mil+advertising to make Ghostbusters
Everyone hates it(including women) and they'll be lucky if they make their money back

does she feel in charge?

I think warcraft made 50-60 mill opening weekend worldwide. It's hard to compare because it had a staggered international release.

What's funny is warcraft got terrible reviews amoung critics but good reviews amoung viewers while getting praised by most warcraft fans. The consensus on ghostbusters is that it is a poor remake that audiences didn't like but critics and feminists are not allowing it to fail because it supports their political agenda.

GreenSTINE.

Pakistan doesn't matter, mate

Whose fucking idea was it to give Paul "low-budget crowd-pleasing comedy man" Feig $144 million to screw around with?

>a problematic start
>problematic

hehe

This is the real question
It's basically a 40 million dollar movie idea
Not a 144 million

is there really a queef joke? fuck.

UK is full of cucks. You guys enjoy letting your slags get boned by currys.

It's right towards the beginning when they're deciding to investigate the haunting from the opening credits. They're listening to a tape and it's all silence when they hear a fart. Then one of them goes something like "Is it better that it came from the front"

>it will do worse overseas.

It already did do worse overseas. It came out 7 days ago in Europe and the current total foreign box office is just over 19 million.

Fuck you dawg, my mom was really looking forward to pitch perfect 2

Warcraft was less than Ghostbusters for opening weekend, but they had China to save the day.
Also there's all that conspiracy that the other studios wanted Warcraft to fail, because it was produced by now Chinese owned Legendary Pictures, and they were trying to do business differently.

oh that's not so bad. I'll torrent it and watch it but I'm not expecting much.

is this movie 2016's John Carter? Although I liked JC desu

The original budget was $160 mil. At least they realized it was going to suck and starting cutting funding, just too late.

John Carter was at least original.

>is this movie 2016's John Carter? Although I liked JC desu
Most people who did watch it, agree that John Carter was a good film. But the advertising sucked so no one was interested.

>100-year-old story
>original

Besides both being flops, they aren't really comparable. John Carter flopped because it had a confusing title, it was an adaptation of a novel that normies had never heard of and the marketing campaign was really shitty. Ghostbusters is a remake of a movie that everyone knows and it has had a massive marketing campaign but it's flopping because the marketing campaign pretty much said all old fans of the franchise are vile misogynists.

But there's totally going to be a sequel. Sony said so, and they wouldn't just lie.

It will probably break even after DVD and digital sales, but breaking even or a small profit is not enough to warrant follow-ups.

It'd be nice if we could get a petition for them not to do it with more than 40 million signatures.
>yfw they'll make a trilogy
>yfw people born in the 00's and after will ike them better

Worse than that, the cast went on Kimmel, along with Murray, Aykroyd, and Hudson and insulted the haters.

They forced Bill Murray into their shitty movie and then forced him to be apart of their damage control.

Maybe if they wish hard enough, Sony will just give them a billion dollars to throw around. Not like the company needs returns or anything.

PRODUCTION cost $144 million

That's not even counting the non stop advertising during the NBA finals and paying Kobe to play dressup.

Total cost is well over $200MM

>That's not even counting the non stop advertising during the NBA finals and paying Kobe to play dressup.

WTF was that about? That was like the most wasted advert $$$ ever.

And they tried to hide the fact that it was 4 chicks by paying NBA players to pretend to be ghostbusters in all of the ads

Amazing Spider Man 2 got a 700 million box office and that's still considered a failure. So much of a failure that Sony scrapped all the spinoffs and sequels they had planned.

youtube.com/watch?v=4uq2f-5qgXE
>What did trump mean by this?

that was the part that actually made me mad. they just invented these misogynist boogeymen to take the attention off of how shit the trailer was, then had the balls to go on talk shows and just shit on people who like 'Ghostbusters'

he eant what he said, that's why people love him

I think they broke even with ASM2, but regardless their HQ in Japan was fucking pissed that Sony Pictures couldn't turn a profit on Spider Man of all things. After the emails, ASM failure, and the outrageous asking price they pitched to Marvel, HQ had enough and told them to take whatever number/terms Marvel gave them. Because they needed money and had zero leverage at that point. Which frankly thank god, I'm glad he's back at Marvel. In Ghostbusters case it's a sadder situation because I can't see the franchise getting new life unless it gets a tv show and some new management

Do you think Sony Japan will ever one day realize how retarded Sony Pictures is being and just ream the fuck out of the executive board?

Break even is just not enough for a big franchise movie. ASM3 would need an even bigger budget with possibly even less return.

How does Sony still exist as a movie studio?

There's no way they can have disaster after disaster and still compete with money machines like Disney, Universal. I would guess even WB, Paramount, and Fox are in better shape.

Right which is why Sony caved in. When you break even on Spider Man someone should get fired

>300 million

How fucking stupid does Sony think people are?

Fucking hell

Not to mention the marketing costs, which I assume were close to another 75-100 million.

Oh happy day, feminists getting btfo

Same goes for Ghostbusters. A break even wont work to set up a big cinematic universe.

why didn't the feminists get upset over the fact that a nearly convicted rapist was promoting the movie

The back pedaling begins.

Why hasn't she been fired even though she's publicly shown to be incompetent?

It'll clear $500 million in China easily.

GooberGate BTFO again.

Kobe's black, it was his last season, and his scandal wasn't nearly as bad as Cosby's.

Its clearly a meme figure and they are too scared to tell the real result.

Sorry Feig. China's govt doesn't like movies that depict the dead disrespectfully.

Because the jews control hollywood. And they're all in cultural marxist mode, at the moment. They could sink a trillion dollars and so as long as the cultural marxist jews are allowed to run shit, they'll effortless sink a trillion more. You need to replace the cultural marxist Jews with the other kind.

Well the story of John Carter is/was original. It's just that so many things have ripped it off since then that it doesn't appear to be original anymore.

I've been waiting on the real numbers because the estimate seems high. Seems fishy we haven't had any update since Friday's initial estimate.

Because companies have realized that accusing anyone who doesn't see the movie of misogyny will get people talking about the movie as though a legitimate discussion is being had. Kobe's past had nothing to do with the ridiculous political spin they set up, so nobody talked about it.

By the other kind you mean furnace fuel?

the jews done fucked it up which is cool. Fuck sony and disney and all those child fuckers.

In fact, fuck all of entertainment. WE need a return to conservative entertainment.

>Sony will just burn a billion dollars to create a feminist "cinematic universe" nobody wants or spends money on

Spider-man had sequels announced as well and looked what happened.

>That's not even counting the non stop advertising during the NBA finals and paying Kobe to play dressup.

wtf was that about? I was honestly embarrassed for kobe

Michael B Jordan played the race card for Fant4Stic. How'd that work out for Sony?

It's hard to say. I think they're all rather bothersome. Surely there must be conservative morally inclined conscientious Jews out there some where's about. Surely.

So did she get those boobs? Any recent pic?

Sure, they're riding unicorns in atlantis.

Spider-Man had an entire cinematic universe in the pipeline shortly after Amazing 2 came out. Fantastic Four 2 was also still on the slab after the first one bombed.

Ghostbusters is a classic here, but people also hate remakes where I live. When I left the theatre for TFA, everyone was saying how shit it was, even normies, probably because we're all miserable fucks

t. Ireland

How much you want to bet Marvel finally bought FF back from FOX? Because I dont see anyone at FOX willingly working on that trainwreck. Besides they have Deadpool/XMen to play with still.

Speak for yourself

People were loving TFA where I am

>problematic start

holy fuck i kekd hard ggs

Are you a potato?

I still had a fun time with TFA but its still basically ANH. Not sure why Rey doesnt annoy me more considering how much of a mary sue she is but then again Im not a rabid Star Wars fan to begin with

Kek just like they were totally gonna make three different sequels to Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Aye

I'm British and I can confirm. People like Bill Murray and Akroyd but the film itself hasn't stayed in popular consciousness the way it did in the U.S. Who you gonna call is the primary surviving relic of it.

just like that Aunt May movie

Must be a western Europe thing. Here on the Balkans nobody really cares about Ghostbusters. Movies like Terminator, Robocop, Godfather, etc are considered classics, but Ghostbusters is just some funny movie from 30 years ago.

>no one is coming out with the actual gross
>still shilling the estimate

when do receipts get posted?

I think movie studios are JUST starting to realize that NOT all publicity is good publicity.

When you had a guaranteed hit on your hands, the only thing you could do is to fuck it up... and SONY did a great job of fucking up the marketing by thinking instigating sex wars = ticket sales

Reminder that SONY is/was run by legitimate retards who couldnt write full sentences in their emails and confirmed drug addicts.
>"Why yes we want 5 billion dollarydoos for Spider Man.........stop laughing"

46mil domestic but worldwide is 65mil STILL very disappointing since foreign usually tops domestic nowadays on successful movies.