You do this, right?

You do this, right?

More like sort by highest rating on RYM/Allmusic and listen to the top and quit there.

>posting 10 year old memes
get fresh

I do this unless an artist has a ridiculously long discography.

not always. if it's band that i know i'm probably not going to like because it's not my thing, i'll listen to the most popular or best rated album first.

Of course, its as important maybe more so than listening to an album fully, in order.

ministry was a big disappointment

I start with their first EP like you would any other artist

Pleblord.

I listen to their most popular and if I like that I listen to the rest of their discography in order

>Green Day
I like them but I have to say their first EP is probably their worse work, I mean I like it but they have better stuff

I listen to the first and the last then decide if the band is worth keep exploring

Why isn't the e blue?

My autism won't allow me not to
Even if an artists early discography is absolute suffering to get through until the critically acclaimed albums I still have to fucking do it

>Start with The Beatles debut
>wtf I hate The Beatles now

I actually start with the newest release when i want to listen to an artist i havent heard before

Imagine starting with Mobb Deep's first album (I don't even know what it's called) and never giving The Infamous a try as a result. Sad!

I suppose that's fine for trying to get into an artist you've heard about and you want to know where to start, but more often than not I just stumble upon an album that looks interesting and if I like it I'll check out the rest of their stuff.
Also, if we're talking about John Zorn or Melvins or Current 93 or some shit where they have a huge discography, there's no way in fuck I'm gonna risk wasting literally weeks of my life listening to all their albums from their first to their most recent in hopes that I might like some of them.

>only listening to the first album

lmao, do you judge an album by only listening to the first song too

no, i usually listen to their most acclaimed/well-known one and then move on to their other records if it was good

I start with the most acclaimed album and half the time I don't bother to listen to their other works, unless I really think it'll be worthwhile. And from the acclaimed work, I listen to the adjacent albums before going to the first, because they are more likely to have a similar sound.

Absolutely fucking not.

That's the worst way to go through music I've ever seen.

>I usually just listen to the chart topping singles on an album first
REEEEEEEEEEEE

Sometimes I won't listen to their "best/classic" album, I'll listen to something earlier that showed the progression to it.

The problem is I'll hate the album, then never get around to hearing the classic one. Years later I'll hear the classic and realize what I've missed.

Not the same thing

>he starts reading a book from the 'most acclaimed' chapter because someone told him the first chapter wasn't great

>rating a book by chapters

Some bands are completely different after their debut

for instance
Can
Jethro Tull
Fleetwood Mac
Bob Dylan

>rating a band by albums

>reads the Harry Potter series backwards

>Can
?
Monster Movie isn't far out from the stuff on Tago Mago and Future Days, unless you mean Delay

And this is how you learn about how they progressed through their career

No, I start with the once with cool album art.

Still not the same thing

But like for Fleetwood Mac it is barely even the same band members

>Harry Potter

>Still not the same thing
what the f*ck?