Preacher

This is a great show and you should watch it.

Have they introduced the saint of killers yet?

I don't know. I'm only on episode 3, but its fun as fuck thus far.

Unless it takes a substantial drop in quality this may be one of my favorite shows.

Not to mention it has one of the most entertaining characters I think I've ever seen on screen.

only in flashbacks retelling the comic special as far as I know.

he's not the saint yet

Last episode was full of dumb shit.

First half of the season was pretty shite, but its been picking up the past couple episodes.

any link to ep08?

This is perhaps the dumbest fucking thing I've ever seen in any show, it makes no sense whatsoever, the character is a fucking retard and by extension so are the writers.

I'm actually thoroughly disappointed by it.
It was alright for the first couple of episodes when the moral ambiguity of it all was still fresh. Then at some point you realize that there is not a single sympathetic character to give a shit about, except maybe Eugene. Jesse is uninteresting as hell and everyone else is hardly given any characterization. The show is slow and meandering (not in the sense that nothing happens - that which happens just doesn't matter) and opens up too many silly side stories that lead nowhere and are completely meaningless to the uninteresting main story.

Could it just be because I didn't read the comics?

Than you should probably watch some more movies you underage piece of shit. He's just as much of a blank slate as everyone else.

*Then

>Could it just be because I didn't read the comics?

I have and honestly it feels like the smaller characters got improved on but the main trio with the exception of Cassidy are just garbage, especially Tulip.

this isn't a good show and you should do something better with your life than watch mediocre things just because they don't actively offend you all the time

this

The black ghetto trash bitch is annoying as fuck

Fuck the haters, as a longtime comic book fan this show is great. I am so glad its actually good and not that horrendous pile of shit they turned hellblazer into.

It's better than most of the shows run on tv

name all shows currently on air worse than Preacher

i feel the same way. kind of hoping after this season they buff up those main characters and that more interesting things happen if/when they leave the town

otherwise i am done watching

Last night's ep sucked. A whole episode teased as a giant fight and literally nothing happens aside from some extra getting his dick shot off. They didn't even show the scene where jesse took all their guns. No cassidy. Total fucking bullshit. I was so pissed off. Show is officially dropped for me.

>name all shows currently on air worse than Preacher

my giant life, my big fat fabulous life, sister wives, tlc block party, i am jazz, say yes to the dress, my 40 year old child, tallest teens, cake boss, love at first swipe, breaking amish, our little family, long island medium, cake wars, wives with knives, the bachelorette, the view, bones, suits, the chew, greys anatomy, ncis, holly oaks, the 100, flash, charlie rose, grimm, tyrant, home and away, shameless, doc martin, blue bloods, modern family, project runway, wayward pines, the fosters, nashville, scandal, bad girls glub, chicago fire, average rules, dance moms, last man standing, wwe raw, real housewives of wherever, duck dynasty, sailor moon, the originals, blindspot, devious maids, jane the virgin, mistresses, essex, chicago pd, top chef, merlin, baby daddy, fear the walking dead, east los high, new tricks, american gothic, larry king now, americas next top model, izombie, american pickers, all saints, the strain, et, haven, really - anything on ID, storage wars, legends, las man on earth, garfield and friends, new girl, nxt, masters of sex, scream queens, kitchen nightmares, the mindy project, agent carter, the bridge, bitten, the little couple, anything with midgets, mister ed, line of duty, fox news, msnbc news, big brother, angel from hell, ncis, 2 broke girls, ....

whoa whoa whoa

cake wars is fucking sweet

he actually did it!
the absolute madman!

reading that list I am glad that I
1. am not an American
2. don't have TV

>izombie
Fuck you buddy

Watched the first episode.

A little too Le' Wierd /Edgy and tryhard.

I'll give it another a go once it becomes easily available on one of the streaming networks like Netflix.

Clearly not worth bending over backwards for though.

he's literally the best character in every show he's in, but PREACHER still sucks

Have I mentiones Outcast is wayyyyy better?

*he's literally the best character in every show he's in, but Cassidy is hardly a character

Can you see his eyes?

Why?

wat?

what I mean to say is that Cassidy is uninteresting and underdeveloped as hell

>he thinks preacher is better than the 100, izombie, and scream queens

the only reason I watch the show is him

The fight scene at the beginning of this latest episode was lazy as fuck. I also don't think I like the fact that this Jesse can take down 5 or more armed men with his bare hands in like 2 minutes. I know he's supposed to be a good fist fighter but he's like goddamn Rambo in this.

>what I mean to say is that Cassidy is uninteresting and underdeveloped as hell

the 1st season isn't even over and talking about a secondary character being underdeveloped? c'mon....

Hopefully this shit won't get a second season. Lazy ass bad writing, waste of a perfectly good concept. What a shame.

i have to agree, but it still doesn't make preacher great

It's already been renewed.

this desu

>falling for Seth Rogen """""art"""""

tulip is gr8

that's not really an excuse. they could have fleshed him and the rest of the supporting cast out just fine if only they didn't meander so much. this show is so full of padding and everything is stretched out to the max, it's insulting.

Your Waifu sucks

Why does she even want to help Cass so bad? I doubt she would still feel guilty over pushing him out that window after she found out he's a blood-drinking abomination.

b8

>Hopefully this shit won't get a second season
How does the show's existence affect you in any way?

I watched the first episode and was thoroughly underwhelmed. Not sure what I expected, but the tone was off and cartoonish. None of the action felt any good and it still had that haze of "tv show budget" over it.

They do.

In a flashback (probably the best part of the show so far) and they sort of hint at him once in the present.

Shes using him.

Oh, that's right, she still wants revenge on Paco or whatever.

What do you faggots think about ep 8 ?

I thought it was ok.. no Tulip scenes and Jesse realized he is an idiot with/without Genesys. Too bad the idiots did not show any fights. I mean...who cares about an extra who lost his dick ?

>no Tulip scenes

Did you block out somehow? I envy you.

you can watch them on amc.com if you are a cable subscriber, they give you more than a month to watch them.

Someone spoil everything about his power, I was really dissapointed it doesn't work on deaf people, makes sense but I was expecting his will and not sound to be the key factor.

You can adopt a dog for free, buying pigs costs money.

>Spending money on pigs instead of getting free strays

it is a fun show

Ok don't buy it, steal one, she's a fucking badass don't need no man but Jesse thief, or even steal from the blood bank again.

Don't make this bullshit show of getting a dog and playing with it like you're doing it a favor and then cursing Jesse right before you push it into a room with a hungry vampire.

She is a fucking psychopath.

>makes sense but I was expecting his will and not sound to be the key factor.

Then shouldn't he just think and people obey him? It works by being auditory. Also it won't work if you don't understand him, if you don't know English tuff shit.

>She's a fucking psychopath for taking a stray animal and giving it some care and affection as a nice last day before she sacrifices it to save a friend
>What she should have done was kidnapped another animal and thrown it right in there, or stolen valuable human blood

You're the retard here, user. And even besides all that, what do you imagine happens to strays who aren't adopted after a certain amount of time? Old bastard was gonna die anyway. Stop being so reactionary.

>John Wayne replaced by Arseface
Only change that bothered me, its kinda cool now that stuff start happening in the show.

>She's a fucking psychopath for taking a stray animal and giving it some care and affection as a nice last day before she sacrifices it to save a friend

A friend? a guy she barely knows that fucked her once and only feels like helping him because Jesse treated him badly?

>And even besides all that, what do you imagine happens to strays who aren't adopted after a certain amount of time? Old bastard was gonna die anyway.

Are you serious right now? They are put to sleep, not torn apart and fed on by a hungry vampire. You telling me she couldn't have spared it that fight to death by killing it herself even?

Nah, you're full of shit for even trying to defend her crap or the writer's backfired attempt to make her seem like she is actually caring.

But dogs aren't like other animals somehow, so killing them for food is evil and barbaric.

I loved the plane fight scene in the first episode, but he's probably the best because everyone else falls a little flat

>A friend?
Yes. It's a dysfunctional relationship, but she likes the guy well enough to pick up his remains. Psychopaths don't have friends or do favours for them, afterall.

>not torn apart and fed on by a hungry vampire. You telling me she couldn't have spared it that fight to death by killing it herself even?
How long do you imagine the dog was alive in there? Cassidy's a decent enough guy, all he would have had to have done is go straight for the neck and the dog would have felt barely any pain at all. There's no reason to believe the dog suffered anymore than if Tulip had shot it herself.

Stop and think things through before shoving all that sand up your vagina.

>spared it that fight to death
In the pilot he kills a cow in like two seconds flat. Doggo didn't bork long.

>I want pigs to suffer because I like dogs

>How long do you imagine the dog was alive in there? Cassidy's a decent enough guy, all he would have had to have done is go straight for the neck and the dog would have felt barely any pain at all. There's no reason to believe the dog suffered anymore than if Tulip had shot it herself.

What the fuck am I reading did you even watch the episode? you can hear it screaming and scrambling in pain, that death was less suffering than a bullet to the head? It doesn't sound like you did.

And "cassidy's a decent enough guy' so obvious he would have mercy killed it, never mind he got burnt almost to a crisp and probably starving for blood to revive? You're just fucking trolling with these half assed leaps of logic.

>Stop and think things through before shoving all that sand up your vagina.

Work on your quips and your arguments, they're awful.

I don't have a dog in this fight but usually in media when vampires are shown to be hungry or whatever, they are in some kind of feeding frenzy and without any type of humanity like being a decent guy.

>I am a soulless Koreanigger, also there were no other options other than this obviously controversial one because the writers are edgelords.

Why do people defend this shitheel character so hard, she's not even attractive and is not going to sleep with you

Because she's a typical roastie whore. She has to keep her backup dick on standby in case Jesse does never wants her again.

It's just a fictional dog, faggot. Stop crying.

>did you even watch the episode? you can hear it screaming and scrambling in pain
Did you fucking watch it? Go watch the scene again. It growls for a bit, then there's scuffling. It whines twice over three seconds, then the only sound is Cass feeding. Three seconds between an attack starting and dying is a quick death, you crybaby.

>Koreans are soulless because they eat dogs
>the rest of the world who eats everything that moves are cool
Are you a vegan or something?

Is the show implying that people can actually travel to hell on their own?

Not only that but she committed an armed robbery just to get cass some oxy, but when he needs blood she can't sneak into the hospital and steal some or ask a few people to donate a few pints? She could have got some cow blood from the slaughterhouse. Literally almost anything would have been a better solution than getting a poor puppers. But once again, tulip is a shit character who's never made a good decision in her life.

I'm glad he's alive

Nah, just a hypocrite. I bet he laughs at Indians who think cows are sacred too.

The dog's not going to be enough to fully heal Cassidy. She's going to feed him the unconscious alcoholic nigger next episode.

>She's going to feed him the unconscious alcoholic nigger next episode.
you mean her uncle?
maybe, considering how the show is going...

I hope she feeds him another fictional dog so faggots will get mad again.

>Hey guys I need your blood
>Why?
>Well this vampire needs it to regenerate after nearly burning himself to death to make a point

Somehow I don't think that would work out too well for either of them, user.

looks like gilgun is making me watch another show just because of how based he is

I really love his onscreen rantings.
That second time he rants about how shit The Big Lebowski was I was laughing

>I don't have a dog in this fight

Best Cassidy scene

What was this all about?

>you can see his eyes

dead on arrival

>the scene where we find out he has bloodshot eyes is epic dude lol
no

Are you that retarded? Cassidy hiding his eyes was one of the major point in his characterization. It wasn't some random bullshit Ennis pulled off for the sake of having a twist.

How does it have anything to do with characterization? It was a gimmick, man. Stop sucking GE's dick so hard.

ok, you are that retarded.
he clearly hid his eyes because they're totally fucked up because of his junkie life, of which he was clearly ashamed. now tell me how that was gimmicky. it wasn't forced on the story and it was brought up only when someone accidentally saw his eyes and at the very end. I think that messing with the main defining aspect of a character's look is a good hint at how faithful of an adaptation the tv series is. I'm not autistic about fidelity, but it's pretty fucking easy not to screw the look up.

;)

I'm from Belfast and I can't fucking stand Gareth Ennis. He's also completely unkown here as a writer apart from cape nerds

>implying being a junkie fucks up your eyes like that
You are the retard here.

not the guy you're debating, but i think you may be misremembering why Cassidy's eyes were fucked up. it's because he had the same vampire eyes his maker had. i don't think those particular set of eyes had anything to do with him being a junkie. however, he was wearing shades back even before he was a junkie, too, so there's that. i'd say characterization > gimmick, though.

comic book writers are unknown everywhere, they're comic book writers ffs

maybe foreshadowing the "nuclear" option the angels talked about

Operator in heaven