OK Sup Forums. I've got to get serious about internet security. What does a fucking noob like me do to make sure...

OK Sup Forums. I've got to get serious about internet security. What does a fucking noob like me do to make sure, like at least MOST people can't see what I'm doing?

VPN

kys pedoscum

Do I got to pay?

Just garden variety paranoia man. And torrents.

Turn on your firewall. Install both Norton and AVG, and a spyware detector. Install TOR browser and use it for most HTTP things. Route general traffic through Windscribe VPN. Start using ProtonMail. Use ForceHTTPS. Be careful with JavaScript on shady sites. Make sure your WiFi is WPA2.

Go outside

STOP DESIRING WHAT REQUIRES SECURITY

Also Signal for your phone. If you want, I have a code for 50 GB/month plan on Windscrie free.

()
DONT LISTEN TO SHILLS

TAILS + TOR tbh fam

CORRECT

>Install both Norton and AVG
Why do I need both?

I'm still tbh not 100% sure what a VPN does exactly.

You need to do this if you wanna download music or anything.

What do I win?

Get the anonymous guide from anonboards written by dragonfighter it's step by step

ya u do

a vpn acts like an guarded tunnel through the cloud of bullshit security that is the internet, connecting your network remotely directly to another. A vpn used like this acts like a proxy, changing the ip to be as if you are in another country

It doesn't cover tails, but that's pretty simple

THANKS BOB, I THINK I'LL ORDER ONE

On it, thanks dude.

Oh right so I pay a VPN service to let me connect to their network so no-one knows any of the traffic is mine?

EXCEPT THE VPN COMPANY

Don't use the internet. Also rule 49.

Yeah I'm not planning on being a pedo or bringing down Trump, I just want to be able to not pay for the latest movies and idly google homemade thermite without ending up on some sort of list

Good to have two different databases. Safety. VPN is just a system wide proxy that encrypts your traffic. Really good ones use SSL, so even they can't see your traffic

Oh. Fuck. You're normal. Betternet VPN is fine.

If you weren't on a list before, you are now just for mentioning the T thing.

Thanks. Yeah I've just been coming here like once a month for wallpaper and knowledge threads

Anyone know of a good free vpn worthwhile?

See

I looked into it. I'm seeing doubts of its reliability. I know its free and that in turn gives way to the old phrase "beggars can't be choosers", but I'm a scared little bitch boy

Windscribe. Used it for years. Super fast with a shit ton of surveys.

*servers

Damn autocorrect