Did you guys like the new album?

Did you guys like the new album?

yeah, quite a bit actually, but i might like how hard it makes the fucksticks on this board rage even more than i like the album itself. it's actually impressive.

why are they so mad broski?

i don't know, but it's hilarious and pathetic.

It's different, both musically and lyrically, from Fear Fun and ILYHB. It lacks the musical variety of its predecessor albums. But, lyrically, it is far more dense, and arguably, more relevant/scathing/well-done than either of his previous.

Who?

I like the album, but don't act like every single album doesn't make Sup Forums rage.

you aren't paying attention if you don't think this is more than usual.

would you say its pure comedy?

This being said: Yes, I've enjoyed it.

yeah, there isn't even more than one complaint thread at the moment. when Sup Forums is angry, there's at least four or five.

I really like it. It's pretty impressive how flawless the compositions and instrumental performances are on FJM albums while sounding gorgeous and engaging.

It's a shame that a lot of people in this community or similar ones jump to dismiss it, foaming out the mouth and all. I'm sort of confused by how sensitive people are to FJMs personality. It seems a lot of the people who are outraged are really just context and don't even know it. I expected people to sort of take a bit more of a step back. I think FJM is snarky and hipster-y but he still has a knack for clever rhetoric. He's just one dude, I don't know why so many have to take him so seriously just because he himself does.

It's a grower though, as it takes a while to pick up on the differences between the admittedly (initially) similar sounding songs. Overall, probably my favorite album of the year so far. I'm a sucker for anything baroque as well.

>my feelings about a thing are changed by others feelings about that thing

I agree with your sentiment, but it's not at all applicable here.

I adore it

This

well, i listened to the leak, i loved it, then it came out, i listened again, liked it even more, came here, and people are screeching about numales and elton john ripoff and all this other shit. i enjoy the spectacle, but it has nothing to do with my enjoyment of the album, because i'm not fucking stupid.

I don't think it changed anything. I think his initial enjoyment of the album was linked to pissing off certain people from the get-go.

Also I think this whole "Lel IT GOT U MAD!" shit is gay but I like the album.

I'm really loving it so far, the instrumentation is a lot more simplistic and sparse compared to ILYHB, but lyrically, it's definitely more complex. Still, the arrangements are gorgeous, and varied enough that the 70+ minutes never felt stale.

That being said, considering the subject matter, I can see how it can be seen as pretentious. I just think FJM is a hell of a writer to see it as such.

I think the instrumentation is just as lush as ILYHB. It's a lot more downplayed though. Also less sonic diversity, but still very pleasant and at a high caliber.

The album is great, but the main track I wanna replay is Smoochie. Love the sound of it, and it's far more enjoyable than the rest of it. It's like he inverted ILYH; this time we got an album of Bored in the USAs w only one fun love song. Still like them all though

>this time we got an album of Bored in the USAs w only one fun love song

That's a great way to describe this album honestly. By the end I was definitely getting a bit tired of the cynicism and FJM's bleak outlook and "oh this generation is fucked", but I enjoyed it overall.

I enjoyed it. Certainly not aoty for me.
There's some cringey aspects to the overall narrative of the album and the even cringier way that people actually hail him as some kind of ironic genius which he isn't.

Doctor john misery

I only heard Pure Comedy the single so far but I was very impressed with it and I don't understand how everyone initially said it's a "fuck trump" anthem, it's seems like a far more intelligent view of pessimism in the world, lyrics are very well written, instrumentation is well composed, FJM voice is powerful I'm excited to listen to all of it

I'll not be listening to it