What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Blu-ray/zgbs/movies-tv/2958935011
pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy
archive.4plebs.org/_/search/text/http://www.popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/
youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Martha

loudmouth faggots didnt get it

Homoerotic undertones

general audiences and critics were too retarded to understand it.

US audiences can't handle movies that are not family friendy disney escapism.

movie exists to make way for a sequel. liked it better than man of steel and civil war though, batfleck was probably the best part

lol

what the fuck is that picture?
why is the background edited?

shitty compression.

A P O L O G I Z E

nothing

just cut out justice league part and soils levitating off supes basket, and you can still have a movie

>Hey Batman, we don't need to fight, help me find Martha and lets go after Lex together

I'm very smart and only very smart people like me enjoy this movie where two men in spandex punch each other and then fight a giant gray laser monster. Next time they should dumb it down like Marvel.

you

popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

Apologize
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Blu-ray/zgbs/movies-tv/2958935011

>not liking SuperBat

Faggot.

Oh, so selling well means it's good then?

So, how much more did you enjoy Civil War and GotG then?

>wrong

Even with the ultimate cut its extremely bloated. Horrendously edited. Poorly cast. Baldly acted. Lazily written. Painstakingly dull. Unbelievably boring. Unnecessarily broody. Terribly paced. And that is just the first hour, there is still two more hours left.

The shear number of pointless subplots are simply staggering. Plot holes? You mean mystery elements. The fact that someone read the script and decided it was worthy of spending over 250 million to bring it to the screen boggles my mind. This is what happens when you take five different scripts that have no sense of correlation. Did editing and streamlining the story not cross anyone's mind.

The production is big on making terrible decisions and this is clearly evident in the casting. Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luther is laughably bad giving his rejected Social Network performance as twitching Mark Zuckerberg. Gal Gadot is by far the biggest miscast. Most people complained when she cast due to her poor physicality and zero resemblance to Wonder Woman. Those points are fine, but the biggest drawback is that she's frankly not a good actress. She has the emotional range of a potato. Her big reveal in costume is complete with a 'cool' guitar rift like it's some Robert Rodriguez film. During action scene she is replaced by her cgi double which obviously looks bigger and muscular in comparison to Gal Gadot's actual physical appearance. I just couldn't help by have a good chuckle at that.

coming from someone who loves the movie, "martha" is a solid point that i strongly wish it be replaced to portray superman's humanity

I dont think there was a single bald person in the entire film

The biggest misstep in the entire production is the appointment of Zack Snyder as director. It seem like he just walked of the set of making Watchmen and nobody seemed to tell him that he wasn't contracted to direct a lackluster patchwork Watchmen sequel. An opening scene that features Jeffrey Dean Morgan being killed with a slo-mo shot of a shell casing exiting a gun; the government against masked vigilantes, a powerful god-like superhuman figure; a man that dresses in a black costume and fights crime with gadgets coming out of retirement; the death of a famous hero; not one, but three funeral scenes. How is this not recycling elements of Watchmen.

Zack Snyder has the inability to direct scenes where no action takes place and he can't mask it with stylish cgi backgrounds like he did in 300. Simply put when there's no explosions it dull and boring. Simple character interactions prove to be a struggle for a director who still gets his philosophy for his movies from teenage web forums. Religious references that completely lack subtlety and elegance doesn't make you movie 'intellectual'.

Other grievances include: a scene and a plot point that revolves around urine; Lex Luther's so called evil plan; Knightmare; a hyped fight that just ends up being a normal fistfight; and actual teaser trailers for future movies in the franchise.

read the first article dummy

While you're at it
pulpklatura.tumblr.com/post/141843209469/batman-v-superman-the-modern-revenge-tragedy

>capable of bench pressing a space shuttle
>barely makes a dent in Batman's armor

>unironically replying to shills

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/text/http://www.popmatters.com/feature/beautiful-lies-and-false-gods-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/

its made of plotarmor

>implying he'd crush brucie boy inside his armour

Look at the OP and tell me they aren't about to kiss

>If I wanted it you'd be dead already
Pay attention next time

You're ugly and your mama dresses you funny. No but seriously, you have to be the biggest tool in the tool shed, who thinks he's so brilliant and observant and smarter than the rest of us poor plebs. Oh and Gal Gadot was fucking great as Wonder Woman. You must be some kind of asshole who thinks he's god's gift to movies and all things comic book related. You sound like such an elist douche going on and on like you're some other worldly appointed movie critic here to teach us all your post millennial regurgitated dribble.

bruce folded the metal 2000 times. 1000 times would have been enough, but bruce made it near indestructable.

No, I'm not reading the article. If you didn't want people to respond to your Amazon bestselling shilling link, you shouldn't have posted it.

>If I wanted it you'd be dead already
>proceeds to slowly walk into every single trap and get his ass manhandled by Batman

Nothing.

Normies went in expexting disposable capeshit and nerds got butthurt about "not muh comicbooks"

Only true patricians can understand the kinofilmephotographiquè of Snyder.

it happened the other way around. Sups walked in every trap then smashed bruce on the roof and told him to stay down.

> Facebook Riddler Lex
> doubling down on man of murder
> shoehorned franchise ads for the DCU with stupid dream sequences
> Necksnapper killed by a cave troll even though we have no emotional attachment to him
> bony assed Wonder Woman for no reason

Batman was good though.

I'm just spreading love baby.
Don't be so paranoid.

>nerds got butthurt about "not muh comicbooks"

I don't understand this line of reasoning. People are wrong for expecting to see a faithful recreation of the character they've read about for decades, despite his name being in the title of the movie?

You aren't one of the guy complaining that Roland is black in the Dark Tower movie are you?

>HEY GUYS, THIS GUY READ TOO MUCH INTO THIS SHIT MOVIE IN AN ATTEMPT TO MAKE IT SEEM GOOD, READ IT, BELIEVE IT

>You aren't one of the guy complaining that Roland is black in the Dark Tower movie are you?
Are you abusing your janitorial powers?

Funny meme. Sup Forums has no moderation.

>Gal Gadot was fucking great as Wonder Woman

DCucks forced themselves to believe this.

DCbros, i was wrong.
How can i tell Snyder that i am sorry? How can i spread this?

Yeah because you only took the position to stalk the game of plebs general

Not nearly enough q*ips

>there's only one way a character can be done
>a character that's nearly one hundred years old
>written by nearly as many people
>with a thousand different types of stories

Which qualities of " The Real True Superman FromThe Comics" did Clark not have in MoS or BvS?

>so mad
Careful with that caps lock key, you might break it.

everything, didn't you see it yet?

you sound retarded

plebby Sup Forums faggots who don't understand good films and autistic company wars

>there's only one way a character can be done

Not what I said. Like you pointed out; there's been variations of Batman and Superman in terms of costumes, personalities, motivations, etc. based on who's writing them and what particular universe the character exists in. I think we would both agree that some things however have to be there in order for the character to feel like the character, though right? If Batman dressed up like a mouse and fought crime by throwing cheese at criminals, you wouldn't go, "w-well it's just an adaption, some changes are fine."

We just have different standards for when the changes fundamentally change the character and ruin the purpose of adapting the character at all.

kek

APOLOGIZE

literally the only major difference to Batman's character compared to other versions is that he kills some people who try to kill him, most everything else is very faithful.

It was a shoulder press not a bench press.

Batman shouldn't be that out of control. Supes didn't want to fight him, and it seems out of character for batman to be so aggressive like that instead of first figuring out what superman wanted.

snyder

Nice deflection comrade. Do you work on Shillary's writing team?

What part of Superman trying to find his purpose in life is a fundamental change to the character?

What part of Batman taking a dark turn after traumatic events was a fundamental change to the character?

>Civil War in third place and will not even be out for a couple of moths
Dcucks in suicide watch again

I liked Batman in the movie. It's Superman I'm complaining about.

But him killing people is a pretty good example of what I'm talking about, I can easily see how fans of the modern Batman would hate that. And I don't see that as pathetic or nitpicky. It's a fundamental element of the character for a lot of people that is being tossed away.

please posts the page where he shoots that one guy in the face.

faggot memers on this board are literal retards

Shill critics.

>Which qualities of " The Real True Superman FromThe Comics" did Clark not have in MoS or BvS?
-The real Superman inspires hope and not terror in the citizens
-The real Supes is not a sad, depressed, raging asshole
-Superman actually saves other people besides Louis Lane

>bringing up Hillary Clinton out of fucking nowhere

Well I can tell this is going to be an intelligent, substantive conversation.

>What part of Superman trying to find his purpose in life is a fundamental change to the character?

I didn't mention having any sort of problem with him finding trying to find a purpose in life, so I'm not sure where this is coming from. Nor do I think it's a prevailing theme in the movie we're talking about. That's a much more crucial element in Man of Steel, and I was fine with it there.

>What part of Batman taking a dark turn after traumatic events was a fundamental change to the character?

I don't have an arbitrary line that Batman shouldn't cross in terms of killing and maiming criminals, but if you are going to throw away his fundamental rule against taking life, then I want it to be explored more in the actual film. Besides a throwaway line from Alfred, he never seemed to hesitate or contemplate what he was doing once. Moreover, it didn't seem to have a strong impact on how he saw himself and his mental state. I wanted to see him draw comparison between himself and the man that murdered his parents, I wanted to see him struggle with the fact that he's leaving kids orphans just like the mugger left him, I wanted to see this "dark turn" explored more thoroughly. Throwing it into the massive Batman vs. Superman film where it's just going to be another small element in a massively bloated film was a mistake.

Frank Miller has already said he didn't actually kill that guy, and the blood on the wall was a mistake. Get a new argument, please.

hey i love gay cock and i hate good movies lol

he still shot him.

The Ultimate Edition wasn't the one released to theaters.

test

We're not talking about a good movie, we're talking about Batman vs. Superman.

Even the name is embarrassing. Sounds like something I would have wrote on fanfiction.net in the nineties.

Hi can you stop using my name please?

>not a prevailing theme

After Africa Clark talks to Lois about how he's unsure about what he's doing and is upset and affected by the reactions he's getting. The film ends with him deciding to put himself in danger to save Lois. I' not sure why you think that's not a major theme? Almost every scene with Superman is about him being unsure what to do.

>batman
Of course he didn't think about what he was doing, that was the point. You wanted him to compare himself to his past self? Like when he told Alfred that post rationalization that he was always a criminal?

You wanted Bruce to think about the people he leaves behind? That was the Martha scene.
How does Bruce not hesitating to kill people not show his afflicted state?

What you wanted was in the movi.

b-but muh memes, they aren't funny unless retards don't get this

>superman inspies hope not terror
When were people terrified by him? Did you see the last scene in the movie? Was that not hope? Especially Bruce's "I failed him in life, I won't fail him in death"?
>superman can't be sad
Why can't superman have emotional conflicts?
>superman saves people
There was literally a montage of him flying around the world saving people.

>Almost every scene with Superman is about him being unsure what to do.

Really? This was a man so convinced he was doing the right thing that he would fly to another city in order to tell a vigilante to hang it up because he's not up living to the Superman standards. The scenes of him feeling "unsure" of himself come across as unconvincing because they require him to conveniently forget how his powers for the sake of tragedy, like in the bombing on the congressional hearing. He spends the whole movie glowering and pouting while he's saving people, and then wonders why some segment of the population distrusts him. It's fucking asinine.

>The film ends with him deciding to put himself in danger to save Lois.

I'm sorry, what? At what point, in any movie featuring this character would have not have done this? Why are you portraying it as some sort of interesting character moment or tough decision on his part? Him saving Lois means nothing.

>Of course he didn't think about what he was doing, that was the point.

I get that this was the point, and I thought that was a mistake. You don't introduce murder into the Batman mythology without having that be the central theme of the film. It felt shoehorned it to me and it came across as a shallow understanding of the character. When he vowed to change over Superman's grave, it felted unearned; and they even screwed it up more by not allowing Superman to stay completely dead through the credits.

If what I wanted was in the movie, I would have liked it. Instead, I find myself tiring of even discussing the piece of shit.

>This was a man so convinced he was doing the right thing that he would fly to another city in order to tell a vigilante to hang it up because he's not up living to the Superman standards. The scenes of him feeling "unsure" of himself come across as unconvincing because they require him to conveniently forget how his powers for the sake of tragedy, like in the bombing on the congressional hearing
what the fuck

>When were people terrified by him? Did you see the last scene in the movie? Was that not hope? Especially Bruce's "I failed him in life, I won't fail him in death"?
yes people were afraid of him and some even hated him I dont give a fuck about that chessy tacked on last scene since there was never a connection between Superman and the citizens (like there was in so many other adaptations), is just the movie showing me at the last minute that people actually liked him
>>superman can't be sad
>Why can't superman have emotional conflicts?
Emotional conflicts? yes he can but Superman should not be sad and depressed for two whole movies
>There was literally a montage of him flying around the world saving people.
and looking depressed as fuck while doing it, in the mexican factory he is sad and depressed, in the Antartida or whatever it was he looks sad and bores while pulling the ship, while rescuing the astrounauts he again looks sad and bored like is a burden he would prefer to not take and rather be writing sports articles for Perry White

>The scenes of him feeling "unsure" of himself come across as unconvincing because they require him to conveniently forget how his powers for the sake of tragedy, like in the bombing on the congressional hearing
But he did use his powers. Did you watch the movie?

When you were constructing this worthless post, did you stop to think, "What am I doing with my life? Why am I so adverse to any sort of critical thinking? Why has my brain atrophied to the point where I cannot even articulate why I like the things I like in a genuine manner?" Please, don't take this the wrong way, I'm not joking and I mean this in all seriousness...you should seriously consider killing yourself.

holy shit autism

If Superman had used his powers, there would have been no bombing.

Besides batfleck and alfred most of it

>this person thinks his opinion is worth anything

its always funny when a namefag gets upset about people not engaging with him on Sup Forums

>PLS SUPERMIN HALP! I'M IN ANOTHER TRAP!
>PLS HALP! I stepped in something again

fuck sake. Give us a break already. They are the most bland couple in history of super hero movies.

me too

youtube.com/watch?v=kxrlKqkW5IY

This video explains why this movie is a train wreck

>Reasons BATMAN V SUPERMAN Sucks!!
not watching, sorry.

He actually has some great points. I'll give you the clickbate title.

>shill in denial

I've just finished the movie and can't understand the praise. It's a 6/10 at most.

>implying that's wrong

Good argument.

i don't think you know what shill means.

user that was not a bench press, that was an OHP what he did with that shuttle
educate yourself

You were tricked by the Marvel/Disney astroturfing PR machine. It's actually one of the most well directed/intelligently written superhero films of the decade. Disney were shaking in their boots and could not let it win after they invested so much.

Shame on you for being so weak willed as to fall for it.

they literally explain multiple different reasons why he didn't stop it in the film

if you didn't catch that you either weren't paying attention or are retarded

He obviously didn't watch the ultimate edition since that spoonfeeds it to you.

Ignore him, he's a Marvel fanboy, they can't handle a plot point that carried over for more than 5 minutes.

>watching anything other than the director's intended cut
oh, okay, so he's just retarded

remember when they showed the same flashback three times in Civil War? pretty funny tbqhf

You know if that were true, you probably would be explaining how instead of simply saying it happened and providing absolutely no context or proof to justify such a claim.

Nice try though.

>remember when they showed the same flashback three times in Civil War

I'm sure the people who enjoyed the movie found it enjoyably surprising every single time. That's why you need the one liners too, they literally can't even be relied upon to remember who they're supposed to be rooting for.