Ask a prison guard anything

Ask a prison guard anything

Do inmates really fuck eachother all the time?

Not really. It happens but not as much as you think

What does happen when you drop the soap?

bumping for interest

have you gotten raped yet or is that still a thing you are waiting for?

Are prison shanks actually a thing?

Considering the prison I work at doesn't have big communal showers, I guess you just pick it up

As a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Do inmates fight on a regular basis

Almost got taken hostage once. In that event there's a good chance I'd be raped since I'm a cute 22 year old baby faced boy in relatively good shape. Inmates make sexual advances on a regular basis

Why not?

Yes, bigtime. Inmates will make a shank out of anything. I've seen one make of fucking toilet paper

Didn't know. Still don't. Definitely not this. This job blows ass

i hope you get raped atleast once in your live, remember to douch beforehand though :)

Do you work at ADX Florence?

Do you use proactive to prevent prisoner breakouts?

Do you find toilet wine often ?

Do you believe that locking these people away from the worl makes them better or worse? Is it simply a punishment?

If you could make any changes to the "correction" system, what would they be?

Do you have Muslims separate from the other inmates nowadays or it's just a mix?

Yes

Look up PREA

I mean, ok

Not even close

Mostly during the holiday season, and they don't usually use their toilets to make it anymore. The usually use two liter bottles since they can buy them in the inmate store

It's a mix. Unless they ask to be separated

People usually come out ready to commit more crimes. Our system doesn't work.

One change would be to decriminalize drug possession and have other insignificant crimes carry significantly shorter sentences

Would you ever smuggle shit in for prisoners in exchange for money?

No. A guy I work with just got caught smuggling in meth and cell phones. He's gonna do at least 20 years.

He did it for $1000. What a fucking waste of your life

bamp

Have you watched someone rape another person?

trips of truth.

I study criminal justice and corrections. between the 19th and 20th centuries we tried a lot of different things but we didn't have the money or science to support it.

Now we've effectively given up and just throw people away into a terrible existence and say it makes them better

What would you do if the trump went to prison and you were guarding him

Supposing you got sentenced to prison and the inmates didn't know you had been a guard previously. Could you make it?

Are you racist? Were you before you took this job?

I've seen it once. I think it was probably consensual though

Which gang I should join if I get convicted?

More details.

It's a fucked system man. There's no clear solution

Definitely not in general population. Due to my previous status as a guard I'd automatically be put in protective custody

No, and no

Don't join a gang. If you're flagged as a gang member you'll get sent to a shitty dangerous prison full of gang members. We try to keep them separated from non gang members to control recruiting

What country you from?

So its not like in OZ?

Walked by a cell, dude was fucking his cell mate in the ass. I yelled "what the fuck" and they stopped. Both were sent to different prisons

USA

Never seen Oz

the rehabilitative model used to award good behavior with mile stones leading to parole/releasewith no fixed sentences. If you were a decent person and not a career criminal, you could be out with less than 1/3 time served.

seems plausible today, but the general public just has such an aversion to crime. Criminals cease to be humans.

Kek, I'd make his life miserable

Honestly I just wish people wouldn't commit crimes lol

let's keep this shit bampd

what time is it?

Almost time for me to go to work, unfortunately.

Luckily I'm in a tower tonight, so I don't have to do shit or deal with anyone. Just sit on my ass and play with the guns. Maybe get a couple quickscopes in at yard time

Sup man. I'm a Corrections Officer in a State Jail, a good sized one in the south, I love my job (besides getting called racist shit all damn day. I'm black) What kinda gear you guys get in terms of "compliance tools"? How many people would you guess you have in population, describe your first fight, I KNOW you have because I have, any death's or suicides? I have some for each.

bump

This. People have NO idea the ingenuity these fuckers have when all they got is time to plot, plan, watch and wait. Black C/O again here, I meant to ask if you've ever been caught up in an inmate game?

well we keep making more and more riduculous laws.

legislating morality doesn't make moral people, it makes criminals.

natural law addresses the big ones. murder, assault, theft, rape. Real victimizing crimes.

people will always commit crime because people aren't perfect...but if we're going to say people did something wrong based on our societal values, we need to correct the behavior...not lock them up like a stray dog..

I work in a state prison complex in the Northwest with a population of roughly 3000.

We get OC and cuffs. For cell extractions we can use EID or vapor OC. If shit gets serious we have less lethal shotgun rounds and stun grenades and for deadly force we have 9mm, 12 gauge, and ar15s.

I worked in a mental health facility for a long time, so yeah I've seen alot of suicides and self harm. One time had a guy slit his own throat in front of me. Got blood all over my uniform. That one's stuck with me.

First fight was a 4 man brawl in the dayroom of my unit. I just started spraying lol

Not to my knowledge. I do know that several inmates want to rape me, and they found realistic drawings of me in compromising positions going around. Never thought I'd have to deal with that shit

Thanks for the bump friend

Why dont you shoot niggers??

I heard about this and how prisoners protected a female memeber of staff. Would they get rewarded or something like a gold star for this?

How did you get your job?

What do they look for when hiring? You're close to my age and this is something I've thought of doing. What's the pay?

I like being on the right side of the bars.

And if I was gonna go postal and start blasting people I'd go after the pedos.

Why do you befriend niggers?

Possibly. They'd definitely be treated better by staff. That's probably as far as it would go

Theres nothing wrong in killing a nigger. After all they are criminals.

have you seen a lot of chomo's getting killed in there?

Damn, sorry about you having to deal with Shit like that, that's the job man. We had a kiddie diddler here a few years back that had hanged himself, waited till right after a walk through to string himself up, it was just after his court date and sentencing, and we even had him on watch, but he still got it done, he braided up a paper gown, strungnit up and basically snapped his shit. Also I have gotten peed on by a nasty bitch who tried and failed to hang herself, caught her just in time and I picked her up by her legs, she let loose all over me, and my god was it foul.

You should have killed the bitch.

I know a guy who worked here before I started. He told me about the pay and I applied.

My facility is strapped for staff. They'll take anyone who can at least pretend to be mentally competent and pass a psych eval. I take home about $3k a month, after taxes, without doing overtime. I have medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and retirement.

It's not for everyone. Honestly I kind of hate it but can't say no to the money.

They are usually targeted unless put with their own kind

Why you faggots help criminals? You should simply beat them and kill them

Oh, and I hate how some facilities give C/O's batons but then you and I can't get them, it's bullshit, all we have is spray and cuffs too, but I have Sap gloves I carry with me at all times, just a little something extra in case I get in a bad way.

Gross man. I got piss thrown on my face not too long ago. Luckily I wear glasses

Jesus, I need to get on board.

den u'd be ded

You guys should apply

Just let those niggers starving to death

There's talk of us getting tasers at some point. But I'd fucking love being able to carry a baton

Gtfo nigger.

No, man. That's not the way I am, or want to be. I'm actually one of the nicest guys at my jail, even some of the white supremacist dudes like me, I treat folks like folks, she was just repugnant on all accords, that's not worth her death.

Most inmates are white.

It's time to stop posting

Why dont you arm the political prisioners, and let them wipe out apes, jews, gooks and other kind of shit ??

This. Treating inmates like actual human beings works wonders. It will make your job easier.

I've done shit that would have landed me in prison. The only difference is I didn't get caught. We're all human beings.

*Black C/O here*
Fuck, see for that I'd have to take him to a place without cameras and have a talk with him. Hell I got thrown up on, on purpose mind you, the day after New Years. Since he resisted, he got a little extra mustard, you know?

isent it hard to control such a large amounght of people that have nothing better to do all day then work out and play on how to murder you?

Yeah. The guy who threw on me has a few less teeth now. It was all caught on camera but I got out clean because he appeared to be fighting, even though he was really just kind of flailing his arms. Feels good man

Dude, our Sheriff has teased that idea for a bit now, but I know he'll never do it due to the lawsuits that inevitably come from it. CYA is always the golden rule.

Niggers aint. Also you deserve to die you criminal scum.
Nope. And you stupid fuck never went to a jail. Fucking nigger lover

95% of inmates just want to have a quiet, peaceful time in prison and do their time without incident

No really, it's time to stop posting

Sup Forums is that way ---->

They are animals, how could you say that dis-info??

Exactly. Man these other idiots on in this thread don't know anything.

Yeah, same here. I doubt the state would approve it

Stfu you flower

Is tipping up and doing other crimes for other prisoners a major problem? And if you go to ADX Florence is that game over for the leaders?

Most of what you know about prison and criminals in general isn't true. Rather than staying ignorant you should make an effort to learn the facts

Because that's exactly how it is. I take it you're either shitposting or never worked a day in your life inside a Corrections Facility, either way you're making an ass of yourself.

How do they have acess to drugs, internet, and other kind of shit??
Looks like you fucking idiots are corrupt and you love niggers. You should die, honestly.
Fucking scum.