youtube.com/watch?v=H-iCZElJ8m0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what?

what?

Tinnitus

reporting in

/thread

what?

No. But I am in the hearing aid business. And we deal with that stuff all the time.

Any questions, friend?

que?

Fucking /thread

Op here, that made me laugh harder than it should.

Is there a cure for this ?

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. What? Oh, yes. Huh?

I wore headphones for a few hours last week, than after that I had some hearing loss, I can still hear out of both ears, just not as good. I notice a hissing/ringing in my ears when there is no other external sound I hear, I've had this shit for over a week. Any advice on how long this should last?

yeah
it sucks
so much fucking noise when i try to sleep
>im only 26 and this shit will mess with me for the rest of my life

what?

Forever if you're lucky.

i have earing aids but never use it i got so bullyed when i was 13 years and im now 25 i still get anxiety form using earing aids...

There are dozents if not hundreds of diffrent conditions that can be the cause of tinnitus. Some of these can be cured and if they are it may vanish. But it's never sure.

Many reasons can not be treated. But there are methods to reduce the impact the noise has on your life.

Quads? Thanks Moot.

KA TCHING LUCKY NUMBER!

And I originally came to this thread to say OP is a giant fucking faggot.

I am not a doctor. So I cant diagnose you. All I can tell you is that you should see a doctor.

You had the music on very loud, right? All reversible self-preservation methods I know of should have worn off already. So I think it's some sort of minor injury or a beginning hearing loss.

5mg melatonin before bed seems to be helping. But it takes about 3 mounths to start working

screenshot it

ive had it for years now, only ever notice it when there is silence or I try to focus on it and it gets loud as shit

What?

I literally just bought melatonin off amazon for that exact reason. 3 months, really?

I had the exact same thing. Don't panic but it will take a few months for it to stop being annoying and maybe a year before it normalizes.

I tired to lower the volume, I was affected otherwise. Went to a doctor, I no earwax , no irritation of ear canals. I was toldto stay away from headphones, period.

The cure. Eyes and ears.

what?

Yep, and it doesn't eliminate it just seems to make it less noticeable

Well how do I know if mine can be treated ?

yes. it is hell. say good bye to the sweet sound of silence.

i can't be without something making at least some noise to cancel the fucking ringing. my pc always is playing something, or even the fans making noise helps.

once saw a documentary about an old belgian lady that opted for euthanasia because of this shit.

Trips! Praise Moot.

Yup. Had it since i was a kid. It's not too bad though.

Dubs. Praise Moot.

I get it all the time, especially when moving my neck. Sort of gotten used to it.

One possible cause for tinnitus (or for it becoming worse) is this:
The cochlear doesnt transmit any data upwards to the brain. so the brain sends a "test signal" back to check the cochlear. Still no answer. For whatever reason that signal gets sent over and over and irritates the nerves. And you start hearing it as a tinnitus.

If you had a tiny tinnitus anyway, but now your hearing became bad (or at least worse than before) it could cause your tinnitus to become louder.

Hearing aid that improves your hearing could possibly reverse the effect.

See a doctor or get used to it.

WHAT?! I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE RINGING IN MY EARS!

I know one doctor who claims a good success rate with his proprietary nutritional supplement, others who say autologous stem cells work. In both cases I think they are merely delaying the inevitable – as transducers get old, they get brittle.

Yeah I think I got it from shotting a .22 mag all the time without earplugs and listening to music with earbuds and had the volume too high.

Yes I've had it for about 5 years. Mine was probably caused by listening to Green Day loud with headphones.

Ask a doctor. No other way. ANd likely the answer is either "wait for it to fix itself" or "no we cant help". Because tinnitus is a bitch. A perfect treatment is rare.

any Sup Forums person with tinytits?

what?

Yeah I know. I'm in the middle of some additional training right now and it's damn annoying. Interesting and annoying at the same time.

I think you're looking for the Trump thread next door.

I do and have had a lot of success with jaw treatment. Its only in my left ear and I've had jaw hinge problems in front of said ear predating tinnitus. Doing exercises to help relax the jaw muscles on that side has help the volume go down significantly. If I neglect to do that for a while though it'll go up in volume and jaw pain continue.

Anyone ever looked into inner ear muscle spasms being a significant culprit in all this? The hearing damage explanation seems like it has a lot of holes in that theory seeing how some people fuck their ears up to the point where they are basically deaf and dont have tinnitus yet someone with perfect hearing have a small fire cracker go off near them and BAM... tinnitus. Just seems odd.

What about stem cell treatment? They better find a cure for this hearing loss and ringing with in the rest of this decade...

>bought melatonin off amazon
wanted to do this now
checked amazon
cheap as fuck.... until the shipping is added
WTF!

>The hearing damage explanation seems like it has a lot of holes in that theory seeing how some people fuck their ears up to the point where they are basically deaf and dont have tinnitus yet someone with perfect hearing have a small fire cracker go off near them and BAM... tinnitus. Just seems odd.

Correct! That's why I said it's a possible reason for some people. And I said there's many other reasons. But this one fits that one situation because he already suffered from tinnitus and it gets worse while his hearing level drops. So in THIS case this might be the reason. In other cases it will be something else.

Btw this one might be intresting to some of you. You should hear from 100HZ to 16kHz. More if you are young.
youtube.com/watch?v=H-iCZElJ8m0

put your hands on your ears and let your fingers meet at the back and tap your head 50 times not permanent but works.

Same fag here again.

If anyone's having issues with tinnitus atm, heres some advice.

Gonna sound real dumb with this, but do your regular fag shit and try and ignore it. I felt like my life was over 3 years back when it first showed up, but now I don't give two fucks. I sleep without any tv or shit. I hear it clearly and it doesnt bug me. Its called habituation and it is a real thing.
Would i rather it be gone? yeah totally, but its not even a thing now.

How about wearing earplugs, just in case not to cause anymore hearing loss if in loud environments?

>[Update] [Auto] 15

Obviously. Sould wear them while doing loud stuff regardless of tinnitus. Take care of your hearing.