All those plebs who think this album is filled with "filler" need to pay more attention

All those plebs who think this album is filled with "filler" need to pay more attention.

Almost every track (perhaps all but for Vera) have their own good place, both musically and story wise.

I didn't want to listen to this album as I was told how much "filler" there is when in-fact it is an amazing experience from beginning to end.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/stImV0RomL4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Agreed. Except I don't understand the hate for Vera. It's a nice short track, and fairly fitting for the theme.

>Almost every track (perhaps all but for Vera) have their own good place

yeah, the garbage bin

>All those plebs who think [opinion]
>I didn't want to listen to this album as I was told how much "filler" there is
Who's the pleb?

Also, no, it certainly is filler.

Vera is one of the best songs pleb

I love every aspect of the album, but you can certainly feel Waters' presence more potently than any other member. And that was the true downfall of Floyd. They are simply not Floyd without an equal influence from all four geniuses + Syd Barrett's essence which they milked for creative juice.

I think people are turned off it by how self-masturbatory it is.

I guess since I am a big fanboy of NIN, which you could argue is very self-masturbatory, I am used to those kind of lyrics and themes.

I actually like Vera, but it is one of those tracks that don't feel that important, it is really nice, but in terms of story it is just kind of out there.

entirely filler, animals is their last album worth listening to

>When the tigers break free

Kino desu

Vera and Bring the Boys back home are the biggest pleb filters in history. Those songs are literally what everything in the entire album traces back to. Bring the Boys back home is the single most important song in the album and Vera is a supplement to that.

Literally not even on the album
The Wall is certainly worth listening to. Division Bell is great. Final Cut is also great but it's really a Waters album.

youtu.be/stImV0RomL4
Best song, with comfortably numb.

It's impossible to actually 'get' this album without watching the movie. Best to view it as a s/o

Debatable, especially since Roger wasn't even a fan of the way the movie turned out.

I "got" the album without the movie.

The movie can just confuse you more.

Original version of Empty spaces/What should we do now is so much better than the "short" version found on the album

I've listened to the Wall countless times, was pretty obsessed with it in high school. There is a fuck load of filler. Don't Leave Me Now is completely unnecessary. Another Brick pt. III opens with multiple samples of a door being smashed, all identical--it sounds amateurish. They should have just sampled it once. It's a good album but it would be waaaay better if the band had trimmed it down to one disc.

>Don't Leave Me Now is compeltely unnecessary

It has a character development and story development, his wife leaves him at that point.

I personally love those samples, they showcase how far the character is losing it and I always liked how they sounded, didn't ever get amateurish vibe from them

He's smashing TVs not doors, and it doesn't sound amateurish at all.
You can hear each TV being turned on to make a collage of sound coming from all different directions, and then you hear him smash them all one by one in a different order. This makes the sound stop piece by piece, which makes for an interesting sonic effect, and shows his anger and frustration very well.

I do agree it could have been quite a bit better if it was shorter though

Interesting, I grew up listening to this on tape as one long immersive experience. Not even sure which tracks correspond to these song titles.