Guy I need help! I bought and installed a gtx 1080 but I'm still lagging in adventure quest worlds???

Guy I need help! I bought and installed a gtx 1080 but I'm still lagging in adventure quest worlds???

Is it broke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3WODByzYs0
gpu.userbenchmark.com/Software
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ram? CPU?
That matters.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3WODByzYs0

welp. that is way to vague for anyone to answer. How much ram do you have? what kind of processor is it? Maybe your power supply isn't large enough. give us them specs my nigga

Processor is I5- 6600k at 4.5hz
RAM is LPX Vengance 2x8 gb

PSU is corsair cx600

what with os ? maybe youve got some evil anus software or viruses

>adventure quest world
here is the problem

Huh. DL some stress tests and test your GPU, CPU and RAM. Also there is a program that logs you hardware and compares it to others. Let me find a link.

Here ya go.

gpu.userbenchmark.com/Software

Ok... I made this thread as a joke because I asked for help with low frames in witcher 3 in Sup Forums and they pretty much told me to go fuck myself.

Sup Forums bless your soul.
I'm a bad person.

AQW is CPU dependant.

Is the display cable connected to the graphics card, and not the motherboard?

This idiot is dense.

Buying it does not help your frame rate, you need to uninstall old card and install new card. Newfag/.

Yes you are user. Yes you are.

>bought and installed gtx 1080

read dumbass

a potato could run this game, you have shitty network connection

you never indicated you uninstalled old one assfag

The trick to Witcher 3 is to set Maximum Prerendred Frames to 1.

Huge help in the cities.

Never indicated i had an old one either faglord

really, then what the fuck does "still lagging" mean? Oh let me guess, you played with your screen off

My problem with witcher 3 was that no matter what setting I turned it to my fps would stay at 45-55. Yes I had v-sync off and cap was set to unlimited.

integrated onboard graphics motherfucker!

BINGO!

You need to remove cable from integrated graphics port. Dumbasslord

Like a boss.

I fucked up like that once. Though if you read you would know OP is a troll.

Disabling the on board graphics in the bios is never a bad idea either.

Im arguing that i didn't say i had a previous graphics card.

I'm arguing that you did have one.

In a desktop setup this is completely irrelevant. The board will only output to the discrete card if one is connected. If for some reason it was set to on board only he'd get no output from his card to his monitor. You have good intentions, but it has no relation to OPs problem.

Hey OP, Another reason you are getting shitty frame rates could be your video drivers, If you let Windoge install the default driver it's gonna be shite. Go the the manufacturers site and get the latest driver

This. I can't honestly comprehend the amount of customers I've had complain about similar issues when they have Microsoft Basic Display Drivers installed. It seems so insane to me that people need to be told this, but ensure you have the correct most drivers installed from the Manufacturers website.

So I have a similar problem where I can hear my video card not spinning up and get terrible performance (~30 fps Fallout4) bc the integrated graphics are on and even though the system says that my card is on I know it isn't. So I reset and test a game to see my frames several times and finally can hear the card fans spin and get proper frames (solid60fps). It's a 970

Try turning on Vsync, your frames could be exceeding you monitor refresh rate.

I completely agree user, That is why when i sold video cards i would do the installation and GFX drivers for the customer just to keep from having to try to do tech support over the phone

There is also one quick way of making sure only new drivers run, so the old drivers from the dedicated graphics card won't interfere:

1.Click Start.
2.In the Search field, type CMD and press Enter.
3.In the Command Prompt type the following codes:
1.Type debug.
2.Type: A and hit Enter.
3.Now type the following codes (do not forget to hit Enter at the end of each code):
4.MOV AX, 0301
5.MOV BX, 0020
6.MOV DX, 0080
7.INT13
8.Hit Enter once again.
9.Type G and hit Enter.
10.Done!

Jesus christ m8. That wouldn't cause anything "lag" like in nature. It would cause screen tearing and similar issue.

Haha same man. When I do any work on a computer for a customer I spend so much time making sure every little detail is in order so I don't have to deal with it again. I mean yes I love making money, but nothing drives me crazier than having to handle some issue over the phone. It's like if my mechanic tried to walk me through a repair over the phone, he'd want to kill himself.

I think you have me confused with OP Good Sir, My post was in reply to his asking for help

haha not confusing you, sorry, just adding to what you posted, in reply to op's asking for help

Yea then you get to deal with the ID10T error all the time, and the inevitable person calling and saying something is wrong with my modem, it's not coming on kek

this post was meant to be a reply to this post confused much now? :D

That explains why it doesn't add better frames from inside my drawer

I saw a 1fps increase in wow, interesting, yet was it worth doing it? I'm kind of a lazy cow

Dude you're evil. This is literally ten times worse than making someone delete system32

aside from not setting high enough priorities to mov files for the gpu (AX), I see nothing bad.. In fact, I wouldn't go any higher

can it run battletoads?

who are you?

Hey Alex, we are onto you, bud ;)