Will history movies ever make a comeback? I'm tired of superheroes shit

Will history movies ever make a comeback? I'm tired of superheroes shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_(2016_film)
youtube.com/watch?v=DE4nDT8JFeU
youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY
youtube.com/watch?v=PelNjR2T1Lg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Will history movies ever make a comeback?
in China, historical movies are pretty popular.

They're only interested in Chinese history though. Or rather the ludicrous agitprop fairytale history that the Chinese State approves.

Because every other genre is illegal. Zing!

What are some of the best history movies?

>watch a historical movie
>enjoy it
>read a review by an actual historian that exposes all of the inaccuracies in it
>turns out I didn't like it after all

Actual historians have real work to do. This sort of shit is the domain of thinly veiled e-celebs and YouTube pseudo clickbait """""""""""""""historians""""""""""""""". Same thing with those fools who prattle on endlessly about the mundane details of weapons and armour. They're not professionals and what they do is not taken seriously in real academia, they're known as 'train-spotters'.

hit the nail on the head lad

too many of these cunts prattling on about how le hollywood isn't real enuf

What are some essential armpikino?

>I don't know what agitprop is but it makes me sound smart, the post

Are you not entertained?

Nah, Gladiator's amazing exactly because they didn't give 2 shits about historical accuracy
It may as well be fantasy without any of the fantasy elements

>0.5 yuan has been credited to your account

>Will history movies ever make a comeback?

Yes.

We wuz kingz n shiet
We aintvented math n shiet
We wuz astronuts n shiet
We wuz chinee emperors n shiet
We wuz white people n shiet

I'm sure you'll get to see a million slavery and holocaust movies, but that's about it. Hollywood doesn't like the rest of history.

This, plus
>historical movies where everyone follows conventional 21 century libcuck morality

I'd like a film on Ancient Assyria, just their general rape of everything covered somehow

How much is that is actual money?

7 cents

Are you talking about the "unrealistic wheat"? lel

Quick, post historical figures in need of biopics

I saw Master and Commander the other day, then saw the amount of capeshit and now I'm sad.

Fuck this, Excalibur is great and it's as inaccurate as Schindler's List.

Just make the distinction between films actually trying to be historical and films that are in a historical setting (possibly inspired by historical events). Most fit the latter and caring about a helmet being wrong is pure autism there

read the books, they're fucking fantastic

historical films about white people are offensive

Will this be kino? Will Scorsese continue to be based?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_(2016_film)

That movie about the Confederate deserter looks somewhat good, but I'm probably not gonna watch it.

Schlindlers list is verbatim.

the only chinese movie i've watched is red cliff. fucking christ that was awful. leave it to the chinese to turn all those extremely elaborate choreographed battles and fights into such typical ridiculous nonsense

youtube.com/watch?v=DE4nDT8JFeU

just watch that trash, it's so fucking bad

im really ready for this mentality to be violently killed off

its like people getting upset about The Patriot, who the fuck thinks that actually happened? just based Gibson doing his thing with his hatchets trying to kill Malfoys dad

He got cucked by his friend.

>watch historical tv show
> British people everywhere
>DUDE CURSING is it cool to like history yet ;)

Fucking kill me already

Not going to lie, I'd watch a movie about Yakub just because of how hilarious it would be that there are beings on this planet that would take it at face value.

Bazooka

Is Gettysburg pretty accurate?

What?

youtube.com/watch?v=tHA1ufmLZQY

I also want more movies like Gladiator or Kingdom of Heaven. A historical setting, a journey, epic scale. I want this so badly but there's nothing on the horizon right now. Except for the Ben-Hur remake but the 1950s version is already perfect and this new version looks like Fast & Furious: Sandal Edition.

They're too expensive to make. You need to hire a bunch of extras all dressed in period-correct outfits to make one battle scene. I can see a good historical epic being made soon that will start a trend of a bunch of expensive flops that'll shelve historical epics for another decade or so.

》> [you} kill yourself you fucking inbred cuck faggot redditor

see

Gladiator is complete kinography.
youtube.com/watch?v=PelNjR2T1Lg

>now I'm not saying, Glasgow, that William Wallace, your national treasure, didn't have sex with her
>He probably did
>But if he did, and he did, he definitely did right,
>It would have been a far less romantic scene than the one enacted by Mel Gibson in the film Braveheart
Based Stew

>Scotland was actually invented, as you all know, in 1911 by the McGowan sweet company as a way of marketing Highland Toffee

>that buttmad fat scottish guy in the front

oh man his face is fucking great

damn, that was really not funny at all.

>Ameritard detected
Was there not enough shouting for you?

found the mad scotch

Keep watching superheroes faggot ass moron
You paid into it, now deal with it

No I actually like a lot of English and European comics, and I'm not Scottish or American. Just wasn't funny, pretty plain and simple. Although you are right about the butthurt fat scott, that was funny.

But you still agree the fuck out of it, right?

swearing has been around since man could speak.....where do you think we got it from?

how are people this mentally feeble. Where else would vocal vulgarity and other socio-cultural phenomena prevalent around the globe come from but the past?

>that editing
kek

What about Alatriste?

Found the sperg

>yfw history cinematic universe

Idk if TV shows count but I only watch historical dramas desu

>Vikings
>Black Sails
>Turn: Washingtons Spies

These three are more kino than any movies

why isn't this a thing?
Assassin's Creed, a cookie-cutter videogame, has already managed this in 10 years and Hollywood can't figure it out in 100?

Can't forget Spartacus.

KINO
I
N
O

>Plebs actually pretend that Spartacuck(a.k.a 300 with Romans) is better than Rome.

Implying it's not

I know is good, but I'm more about good choreography and that's what Spartacus brought: gore and over the top fatality combos

Anybody seen this/? Really tempted to watch.

literally who?

It's pretty good. Mostly it's about religion and fanatics than science or the library.

Why was Gladiator so beautiful?

Yeah I knew it was a talkie but the sets and stuff look nice from the preview.

Anyone ever see this movie? Was it an inferior version of Tudors?

>watching The Last Samurai
>all those extras
>literally 3 TIMES the extras christopher nolan used
>movie is barely talked about

it's so good and comfy. not a weab

I just finished watching Band of Brothers, that shit almost made me cry.

Viggo Mortensten, Thirty Years War, Spain, many scenes inspired by paintings, lots of historical figures and battle scenes. Very well regarded.

I watched, wasn't my cup of tea but overall a good film, watch it, maybe you will like it.

I watched this movie while stoned and it was baller

>that scene when he calls the guy a cuckold

>mfw ive never heard of this movie

gonna have to watch this shit ASAP

Tough to compare.

I enjoyed Spartacus more because the 300 style gladiator fights were kino.

Rome was great also, Titus Pullo biggest bro in history.

When is HBO going to get off their ass and make a Vietnam/WW1 series?

Do you guys recommend any good movies inspired by history (no need to be accurate) that was released after the 2000s or at least 90s/80s? I don't think I've watched many of them, so doesn't matter if it's popular.

>wanting a historically accurate movie as opposed to just reading the actual history which is 100,000x better
where else would you learn that ancient vietnamese would nonchalantly castrate shipwrecked people or that Lord Byron had a shit fetish

Lately I've watched

Master and Commander
Tory Directors cut
Kingdom of Heaven directors cut
Alexander directors cut

I might watch Noah, Pompeii, Exodus

Just another "southerns are racist bigots and BOO, SLAVERY" movie.

It's meant to check the boxes for an Oscar by scratching all the bugaboos of it's audience (that would be rich progressives on the coasts, especially considering nobody overseas is going to give 2 shits about it)

did you get triggered watching lindybeige

awful

There's that Nolan movie about Dunkirk coming out next summer

And I think Spielberg and Hanks are making a mini-series about bomber crews

>I know is good, but I'm more about good choreography and that's what Spartacus brought: gore and over the top fatality combos
stop being stupid. good movies are about characters not choreography.

>based on my larp experience I don't think this thing that people used in real combat would be good

No, because history is racist, sexist, and misogynistic.