Any ulver fans here?

any ulver fans here?

new album is awesome, sees them following a synth pop, krautrock and trip hop route. listen to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

metal-archives.com/albums/Ulver/The_Assassination_of_Julius_Caesar/634017
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There have been a lot of threads about recently, it's what the last Depeche Mode album should have been

Eh. The DM influences are there, but it's so much more. There is krautrock, progressive electronic and even some like, neo soul ish stuff.

I already did OP, this is a 8.5-9/10 honestly

yeah it's great, i wouldn't mind it if they stayed in this genre for a while.

I only care about the wolf album

lame ass contrarian w/ straight pleb tastes

I just like black metal

Dumb weeaboo

did fantano review this or something? haven't been able to talk about anything past shadow of the sun on this board for years

No, it's just very good album

yeah, I'm just wandering why people are interested in this album but not the rest of their recent output

It's top tier and it's easy to get into, unlike most of their stuff

Op here; I've been listening to them since shortly before blood inside came out. don't need no youtube faggit to tell me about it.

I did tell him to review it on yt tho LOL

my mom liked it

>when you make a song about Charles Manson but say nothing of substance at all

1969 sucks so I won't even give the rest of the album a listen.

Underage

You're a fucking idiot

t.retard

your loss, dummy

elaborate

listening again rn. Album of the year for me.

Ulver are gods.

post yfw ending of Rolling Stone

Only have their first album, it's all you need. Won't play in my car though unfortunately.

>Only have their first album, it's all you need

No, Perdition City, Shadows of the Sun, Blood Inside and this one are also must-haves.

>POOR LITTLE SISTER
>I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND
>THE BABE IN THE WOODS
>WILL BE TAKEN BY A WOLF

I've never wanted lyrics to an album so badly. Why did no one leak them already?

Transverberation is my jam. sounds like they collaborated with Lindstrom or Todd Terje.

metal-archives has them. they're pretty sick (in the good way)

metal-archives.com/albums/Ulver/The_Assassination_of_Julius_Caesar/634017

Yeah, just found them, they must have been uploaded today.

>But you do not listen
>Your mind is somewhere else
>I speak with a frozen tongue
>In a dead language

>There' s a world between us
>There' s a sunken garden
>Love lies bleeding there
>And words they mean nothing
>To anyone anymore

I love their lyrics so much

>good Christians
>Illuminate the garden
>Human candles
>Burning under roman skies
what did they mean by this

it's fucking bonkers that the same people who made this made Assassination of Julius Caesar. Both great albums

Isn't Rygg a known satanist?

>ahhhhhh Niro lights up the night

ST. TERESA OF AVILA

Thought it was boring and derivative. Felt like they pushed 0 boundaries with this one. Gonna give it a second listen since I keep seeing so much praise for it though.

>All good music must push boundaries

Idk man I'm not talking about being avant-garde or influential. I've come to expect listening that when I listen to an Ulver album something is going to catch me off guard and make me think about it for a while after listening. This album isn't much of a thinker like most of theirs and I know that's completely on purpose. It is starting to grow on me though.

I had never heard of them before yesterday (listening to Sunn-related at work, loudly, my one coworker is into them) and I was like well shit, this might be a new favorite band. Depeche Opeth and it rules.

>Sunn-related
what specifically?

We listened to that crazy album they did with Scott Walker, Soused, and the album they did with Boris, Altar. I've never heard either before, and they were both great.

you should listen to more o'malley side projects they're almost uniformly great, especially st. francis duo

bumb

HELTER SKEEEELTEEER

Anyone have Themes from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell in 320 or flac?

Much appreciated.

Didn't mean to quote but that's a good track.

They're the true GOAT of music