Just got back from ghostbusters ask me anything

Just got back from ghostbusters ask me anything.

Shitty?

did you poop this morning?

BANE?

yes

Did you spring for any goobers?

No I did get popcorn and a soda.

Is there seriously a protracted conversation about how Chris Hemsworth has a dog named "Mike Hat"?

how much did you tip

Yes. Chris Hemsworth is easily the WORST character in the film. Anyone who says otherwise has been paid off. His joke is that he's stupid to the point where he doesn't know how to work phones. Everything out of him is lol randum.

Kate McKinnon false under the same, everything out of her mouth has little to do what is going on.

My entire fedora.

How much degrading was Hemsworth role as the stupid token male?

He might as well have started in a gay scat bukakke. It was honest to god cring worthy.

Get any ecto-cooler, senpai?

Shit's delicious, but it's like crack. Haven't given it a thought in damn near twenty years, and now that I've had it again I crave it constantly.

No. I can't find it anywhere.

Were there any parts you liked or thought were funny?

I laughed internally at the "Hes been dead for 15 years" bit

And I liked the parts where the played the original Ghostbuster's theme"

When Arkrod comes in as the cab driver and he just goes "ehh... those are just class 5 aberisions so who cares about them."

I was going to get drunk and just describe the entire plot and all the jokes on Vocaroo or something, but it's so unfunny and forgettable that I never bothered

I wish I could forget it. Sadly this movie is burned in to my brain.

Tell me five good things about the movie without memeing

The Rick Moranis slapstick scenes.

to me it seemed list the B- / 2.5 to 3/5 stars is a valid rating of this movie. if there was no hype you probably would not have gone to a theater to see it. agree?

also, since it's a remake did you leave the theater feeling it was something unnecessary and your hard earned movie $ should have been spent elsewhere?

The part where a ghost throws the tombstone of rarold hammis at the ghostbusters.

It's a shit movie, fuck you for supporting you.

It's a bit ironic that the funnier scenes/jokes were made by males

I bet loads of people are telling Leslie what a good part she played...

I also just got back from it (luckily I didn't have to pay).

The joke is they're giving him an interview for the secretary position. Wiig's joke is that she's borderline sexually harassing him, and then he asks if he can take "My Cat" to work. McCarthy then says she's highly allergic to cats, and he's like "that's good, I don't own a cat", and he explains that his dog is named Mike Hat.

Why pay for something you know to be shit?

>it's a white knight episode

>DK song

I honestly can't. The only good thing I can think of is that visually it looks good. A lot people said the ghosts look shit but I think they where the best part.

It's hard to say. I am a big Ghostbusters fan. I think even withouth the hype I would have thought it was horrible. I guess that also answers question too at the same time.

MY folks wanted to see it and specially now with all the controversy I might as well go see this train wrek to say I saw it and judge it for myself.

Both my parents loved it and the theater was full of single black moms with kids who laughed their asses off.

Why did you give Sony money?

The proton streams looked pretty decent.
Music was decent sometimes.
The ghost trap was nice, even though they only used it once.
The mannequin scene was actually kind of funny for a brief moment.

... it's actually pretty hard to think of a lot of specifically decent things. They fucked up something in just about everything.

Is it sad the only fuckable person in the movie is Thor?

This is hilarious

How about Clark? I love me some Clark

in b4 mickinnon/wiig defenders, soak your balls in acid you goop worshiping fucks.

Did your wife's son enjoyed it?

It was actually getting pretty sexist how much they couldn't shut up about Hemsworth's body.

>oh wow, so hot, I want to touch you and sweat and feel you, you're so hired
>you can touch me anytime
>I'll drink coffee he spit into a cup
>don't you think he's pretty?
>is this shirtless sax pic better than this shirtless sax pic?
once he's possessed
>wow, I should have worked out more
>this is a chiseled body
>this is a handsome form
>he's so heavy because he's all muscle, and his skin is silky smooth

and then in the credits they threw up tons more shirtless pics of him. I think Feig had a boner for him or something.

damn, he actually got retweeted

Why do people even like Kristen Wiig? "I said something rude in a deadpan voice" gets old pretty fast

One thing that really confused me in this movie is when they shut down the ghost machine in the hotel and get "fake arrested" again, and in the next scene for some reason Wiig is in a hotel and looks like she has a cold or something. They never explain why she's there and not with the other three at the chinese place, unless I missed something.

What is the model number on your cuckshed?

I don't particularly like Leslie Jones, but I do kind of feel bad that someone so naive and innocent can't figure out how to deal with harassment on Twitter. She's trying to be all passionate and angry but it's only making this worse for her.

It's supposed to be that they get "fake arrested" and shut down and that she is at her home trying to relax.

So... they don't live at the chinese place? Or just Wiig. Seems like something they could have explained with a single line of dialogue.

you would think someone would have seen this by now and clued her in

They did.

Been a long while since I've seen any Ghostbusters movie.

Was the female secretary in the original a ditzy airhead or something?

Is the movie any good?

I must have missed it then. So do they all have homes separate from the chinese place? I know they move into the firehouse at the end, and that would work as a home for all of them, but now I wonder if they've all been maintaining homes outside of work.

Just a little confusing.

Was it as fresh as the official twitter says?

Damn, looks so fresh.

Think of it as karma for having an obvious affirmative action career.

Not really.
She was more deadpan if anything.

No, in the original the secretary was a sarcastic over-worked chick who got real tired of the Ghostbusters' shit, but kept working for them anyway and was happy for them when they got work.

Depends what you count as good. I'd say no, it was pretty bad. Might work as background noise because of how little happens in it, but it's very meh. I would never watch it again.

She's the only character in the movie that was actually tolerable though. I mean, when she wasn't screaming.

Is it true that they only actually trap ONE ghost in the movie? The rest of the ghosts, they destroy them?

If so, is there any explanation for how do you destroy a ghost?

No, she was over worked secretary.

Fuck no. It's horrible.

They all have their own places they just never show them because there is not much of a point of it. In the original they only slept so much at the fire house was because they where so busy.

It was fresh garbage.

>only want to see the scene where Rowan turns into the logo

>no webms or rip of the movie, ever

I usually don't give a fuck about Chris Hemsworth, but here he was fairly decent, the guy has potential as a comedy actor.

Don't get me wrong, his character was awful, but that was entirely on the script's side.

Ironically, she was a strong woman who takes no shit from nobody.

They effectively reduced and insulted her character by proxy. Apparently being a secretary is a terrible job and you have to be an idiot to do it. Either that or they're saying women are so useless that a staple career of theirs can be done by the stupidest man alive.

what movie did you pay to see instead
i hope you didn't buy a ticket to this

It's not very good. Basically, there's a big ole' green CGI portal in the center of the hotel lobby doing the spiral portal effect thing, and Rowan only just left Hemsworth's body, dropping him from a balcony to be caught by a couple of the Ghostbusters. They drag him to safety and start shooting at Rowan's ghost, and finally he vanishes and they yell at him to show himself.

He says "what form should I take?" and Holtzman jokes about choosing something stationary like a bullseye, and then Jones asks if he could turn into something cute and harmless, like a cute tiny ghost.

They then show the other side of the room again, and the Ghostbusters logo is there as an actual cartoon version of it, just floating there. He starts talking as the ghost and goes "like this?" and pulls himself out of the red ring and forms it into a bowtie. This is all traditional animation 2D. He looks like the ghostbusters cartoon logo ghost and they're like "yeah, that's good and cute", and then he starts to grow and become CGI and creepy and whatever.

Is it ok to enjoy the scene where he makes a ghost logo with huge breasts?

Frankly, the joke is kinda spoiled when he says "Should I have made them bigger?" but overall I found it funny low humor.

yes and no.

They trap the dragon ghost. In the end fight they are just killing ghosts left and right and never explain it but they all talk about how many ghosts they killed after the battle before the final boss so it wasn't even like they tried to hide it at all.

They also never really explain how the trap works or how the proton streams work either. In the original they even state that they have to activate the trap stream in order to grab the ghost. In this one it just happens when it's convenient. It top it all off they capture the ghost in the trap first before they make a functional containment unit.

>This is all traditional animation 2D

This is why I want to see it though, because that's great.

Wait, didn't the original ghostbusters just kill Stay Puff and Gozer? I don't recall any capturing system for those two.

Yeah, they trap just the one ghost at the concert. It starts out having possessed a mannequin that chases Jones, and then they all hit it with proton beams, and it explodes into the green dragon ghost. It goes onto the stage where a guy is singing really shitty metal, and they start singing about how their music has unleashed satan, and the ghost kicks him into the speakers (though he seems fine later).

They try to get in a good position to capture it, and the crowd won't move and just starts crowdsurfing McCarthy against her will. Jones tries to do it as well and gets floored instead. That's when she stands up and the ghost is inexplicably perched on her shoulders. Eventually they start blasting it and all four manage to get it wrangled and they open the trap and very slowly lower it in. No mention of the trap light being dangerous at all, it seems harmless in this film.

Later, Murray, who's a TV skeptic shows up and pisses Wiig off by not believing they caught anything, is in their chinese place taunting them and calling them frauds. Wiig gets mad and puts the trap on the floor in front of him and the others try to stop her, she does a fake "ok, yeah, that'd be dumb" thing and then fakes out and hits the pedal anyway, opening the trap. A second passes where Murray's like "ha, no ghost after all", and then it pops out, grabs Murray, and drops him out the window as it flies away.

As for the destroying ghosts thing, I think it's related to upgrades Holtzman did to their packs and the weapons. Something about how it's stronger and destabilizes the ghosts, I guess. After they fight them in the big battle the ghosts are either turned into slime or lying on the ground, possibly in parts. The CGI haze was pretty thick and made it hard to tell.

I don't see anything wrong with that, proton packs seemed to have a shit ton of energy. They should have been capable of breaking down ghosts.

how was Leslie Jones?

>They should have been capable of breaking down ghosts
t. Ghost scientist

Apparently the fire started earlier than that

They end up using their car as a nuke inside the portal to do a full protonic reversal or whatever, turning the portal into a giant ghost trap as it closes. And at the very end Holtzman is finishing the containment unit in the firehouse, so it implies that a sequel would involve more actual ghost capturing.

She wasn't too bad. A little awkward, but the trailer scenes were pretty much her only yelling scenes. Mostly she'd just talk about the history of random buildings they were in or going to, and tended to be pretty straight as a character. Like, in the mannequin scene, they're searching for the ghost and she sees a room full of mannequins and is like "nope, I ain't going near that creepy horror movie shit" and moves on, though a mannequin follows her.

That's P.H.D in Occult Science and Ghostology with a minor in Demonology to you pleb!

She looked like the worst part of the movie from the trailer

I actually think the mannequin scene was pretty good. I got a nice chuckle when the ooga booga noped out of the room full of mannequins, but I'm a massive autist for trope subversions.
I will say though that by the end there were too many subversions, like the one where the dumpster goes by. I feel like past a certain point, 'look how stupid [thing] is!!' loses its luster.

No. Gozer is a god who comes back to destroy the earth by letting the people choose how it ends. Part of his powers is being able to create things in the physical realm which is why they just kill Stay Puff as Puff wasn't an actual ghost but was an actual physical creature.

After Stay Puff is chosen as the destroyer Gozer leaves to the other dimension where he waits for the next 1000 or so years till the next cleansing.

If I remember you can't actually kill ghosts unless you blast them with a big bomb of postive protons, which can only be achieved by crossing the streams, which of course risks blowing up all of Manhattan. Actual proton packs are only powerful enough to weaking ghosts which is why they need to trap and contain them

Horrible. She was like a knock off brand of Madea.

>Yes, and the fire rises

Why can the bad guy do anything if he's just some random ghost?

Dude calm your tits. It wasn't funny, but you appear to be getting assblasted over jokes.

Kate Mckinnon makes me laugh in this picture.

The movie was ass though. Melissa Mcarthney needs to hang herself.

>Gozer leaves

I thought they cross the proton pack streams to destroy it?

So it's all the same poster. She could have just blocked and been done with it. I'd imagine the reposting was only encouraging.

It's never explained at all. He just somehow is able to become powerful enough to do crazy shit.

He becomes a ghost by electrocuting himself to death on his ghost generating machine thing's coils, so I think the assumption is that the machine imbued his spirit with power.

someone needs to tell leslie jones she looks like a gorilla because

1. he is human. We all look like gorillas.
2. She has a lot of melanin in her skin, like a gorilla, and this causes the same shiny skin as a gorilla.

If I were a sentient dog and my fellow dogs called me a 'bear' because my breed of dog looks a lot like a bear, I'd be proud.

Gorillas are awesome.

Should I move to Italy or Norway?

It was more of an observation than anything. They really milked the "Hemsworth is hot" joke for all it was worth.

Nope. from wiki

>....they are unable to prevent the arrival of Gozer, who appears in the form of a woman. Briefly subdued by the team, Gozer disappears, but her voice echoes that the "destructor" will follow, taking a form chosen by the team.

MANY human beings look like animals, like wilfred brimly looks like a grumpy cat, when you look like an animal that's an insult to animals, not humans. Humans are scum. All of them.

>So tired of black women like you
What did she mean by this?

They milked EVERY joke
>WONTON LMAO
>HEMSWORTH IS STUPID LMAO
>HEMSWORTH IS HOT LMAO
>WIIG IS WET FOR HEMSWORTH LMAO
>GOO LMAO
There probably were more that I can't remember because they were forgettable

Ironically enough Leslie was the only one that tried in this shit movie.

I see a problem, killing ghosts is stupid because they're already dead. That's part of what makes them scary and having to keep all the ghosts locked up was a huge plot point in the franchise up until now.

Do you like hot or cold?

Kill yourself you fucking nigger.

That's what made their establishment of the containment unit at the end a bit odd. I can only imagine their "kills" were more like stuns/incapacitations

Not joking, watched the movie too; it's quite possibly the worst movie I've seen
I cringed through more than 80% of the movie, it was horrible
Wtf were they thinking

10 out of 10 times, I'd rather watch host an Adam Sandler movie marathon, and I hate him with every single fiber in my body

When will there be a fucking rip?