10 Cloverfield Lane

now that the dust has finally settled, what does Sup Forums think of 10 Cloverfield Lane?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PX4U75dJiHc
youtube.com/watch?v=SHjnKlPEt0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I haven't seen it yet but what did you think OP? The trailer looked appealing to me.

amazing mew thighs
amazing goodman
great suspense and mystery until the end

overall the best thing abrams has been involved with in a while

Pretty good. Nothing felt too stupid which is an achievement for the genre.

is her career dying?

essential thighkino

>Great film with a strong female protagonist without being condescending
>Never used as an example of a great film with a strong female lead without being condescending

Asides from that, great work with the tension throughout.

Ending was a bit disappointing though. The lack of a link to the original film was a bit disappointing too.

fucking terrible.

if you like that trash you are certainly a pleb.

What did she do with her period blood?

Why does this board shill this shit movie so hard?

Do you not know what a thinly-disguised waifu thread is or what

true womankino. ghostbusters btfo

the Mewie was shit

MEW LADS

how do you think she'd react to her show BrainDead getting cancelled, Sup Forums?

fall into a deep depression perhaps? get fat?

It was pretty good, though really barely related to the first movie at all. As in you'd never know it was if they didn't put it in the fucking title.

MEW was hot, usual great performance from Goodman and decent tension, especially in the third act.

The ending is kinda shit though

>get fat?

she's already fat

please dont sa y that

bretty good, leave now before it gets spoiled though

stop it with this "shit ending" meme

blame her husband. he keeps her fat so she stays with him

Great until the last 15 minutes or so. I didn't like anything that happened after the escape, and the fork-in-the-road ending felt cliche and forced.

Everything else was superb, though.

John Goodman's character worked with satellites and is known to work with the company associated with the original film. While unconfirmed if they're related it was a satellite that disturbed the cloverfield monster in the first place. The connections were subtle and that was best for the film

Anybody watched her in "The Returned" when it air?

Shame it got cancelled.

there was a movie?
i just saw those eyes for two hours

john goodman does have pretty eyes

sexy strong chubby feminine girl arms to pick you up with

why isn't she part of the Mommy Cinematic Universe?

Her boyfriend chose to blow his brains out instead of marrying her.

why does she waer eye contacts?

because she's insecure of her skitskin eyes

because she's 31

>31
>that numale faggot husband of hers still hasn't made her a baby

so who was the rapist murderer? Goodman or the other guy? I like to think that Goodman was indeed a good man and the other guy was the rapist.

did you know that MEW is insecure of her shitskin eyes?

>Was nominated for the @wearealluncool project by @lesliealejandro and this is my entry!
>1- no matter how old I get, I still feel like a teenager in high school when it comes to social anxiety. I have to force myself not to clam up and remind myself that people aren’t so scary.
>2- I used to hate my eye color and wore color contacts every day. It’s so silly to me now, since it seems my brown eyes are a huge asset to me in my career.
>3- I still struggle to accept my body. I’ve always been self conscious of my hips and thighs and as a teenager I was really embarrassed by my shape. When I look back at old pictures, I think I looked great! I try to remind myself of that on days when I don’t feel so hot. ………I nominate @amandaccrew @leahdianegibson @ellewongster and @dpanabaker

>I still struggle to accept my body. I’ve always been self conscious
gee, being one of the most beautiful women in the world must be hard

>insecure about her 9/10 eyes
>insecure about her 11/10 thighs

she's literally perfect

>get fat?
we can only hope, hightest mew would be amazing

as a fan of cloverfield, I really liked this movie. it was great at delivering suspense as well as a fabulous performance and interaction by the three characters

the only complaint I can honestly come up with is the name and missing link to the original. I don't even get what the fuck that shit was supposed to mean. they can stick their anthology shit right up their asses because that crap was just misleading as fuck

is her husband okay with this?

It would have been PERFECT if it were an hour long.

Seriously. Cloverfield the brand needs to hitch itself to a streaming service and release hour-long slanted takes on different science-fiction scenarios.

I think everyone should just jack off to the Japanese equivalent of MEW instead

no

god damnit it hurts my eyes to look at her
she is too god damned beautiful
i'll be over at /r9k/ if you need me
which you wont

I would rather have something like this (if not fully) than that weird shit I got. they should just make clear whether the movies are connected or not

i want her soles to stomp me

two great girls with great arms

The fact it had a big monster was a connection in its self.

NOT.

They should be slanted takes on tired sci-fi.

IMO the problem with Cloverfield is that it went half-measures, it should have been more like District 9 or Chronicle, an explicitly edited and produced presentation, a fake documentary about one group of people who were right in the middle of the shit when the creature attacked New York. And it didn't need to be more than an hour long either.

>a fat, 40 year old MEW will never bend over and spread her cellulite dimpled ass for you

The most disappointing movie I've ever seen
I've been waiting for 9 years, NINE YEARS
I remembered I was about to cry when I saw that alien spaceship
They had the chance to make a comfy sequel but they completely ruined, this can be compared with the blue goku's transformation...
There's no turning back

I thought it was a year or two ago, but now it seems to be on an uptick.

>it should have been more like District 9 or Chronicle
>like

that's why I liked it, it was the first movie of its kind. it captured the panic aspect of the whole situation pretty amazingly. a documentary would have just destroyed the whole narrative

plus the slusho ad at the store.

God damn it. You're right.

In that case, I want the film about an alien invasion or monster attack that /IS/ made up as a fake documentary. I won't get one.

The ending is very divisive, love it or hate it, I loved it. Probably won't watch it again though, the surprise was most of the fun.

Goodman was awesome, entire rest of the film was hot rancid garbage.

well, it wouldn't be too far fetched, considering that we got 10CL

I wonder what they have in store for the next one though

>godzilla type monster
>aliens
>???

would they do another alien invasion type of movie or think of something completely different?

Next obvious ones would be: somebody makes an AI, or humans in an already extreme environment face totally unexpected threat (like the Thing, or Alien, even Jaws fits this basic format).

I couldn't say how to twist them to make it worthwhile. I think Ex Machina was actually pretty clever for an AI film, but I don't know of any Thing or Alien style films coming up soon, or out lately. It's all zombies.

I could see Goodman winning an award for this, he was very good.

>AI

that would be fucking awesome. sort of like I Robot but with more focus on keeping it mysterious and creepy

>The Thing

that could work too, although it would be too much of a rip-off in that case

>Alien

rip-off too if it were confined to a building or ship

>Jaws

I like that one. could follow a fleet of army ships while one ship is the main focus. the audience learns that one by one, the ships are disappearing and in the end, the main one gets wrecked too while fighting off the monster

#realtalk

I want a film about national guardsmen, including some Vietnam vets, set in the late seventies, as they're stalked through the Pacific Northwest by a tribe of fucking Sasquatch.

I guess the twist would be that we're never 100% sure if they're actual sasquatch, or some hidden native tribe that never treated with Europeans, just hid deeper and deeper

The ending was fucking strange though and it could have tied in with Cloverfield in a much cleaner way. The monster gets nuked/bombed at the end of Cloverfield, right? So why not have that explosion be mistaken by Goodmans character as an apocalyptic scale event, and then when the girl escapes at the end you still have the "oh shit he was right" moment if she sees a city burning in the distance. She could also fight one/some of the bugs(ticks?) from Cloverfield instead of generic alien/machine hybrid space ship. People were also getting sick in Cloverfield too iirc so there's an explanation for the woman banging on the door earlier in the film.

It's been a long time since I watched Cloverfield so correct me if any of this is wrong but it just felt like false advertising to say that film was in any way related to Cloverfield. There was just this massive tonal shift at the end that I at least could have forgiven if it was obviously linked to Cloverfield but nope, random aliens, molotov, the end.

FEET

I think she's very attractive, and even I think adding her to the Mommyverse is too far.

Perhaps MEW was the rapist, and she manipulated them both.

not the same thing you're asking for (no vets) but kind of reminds me of that yeti movie that came out like two years ago. can't remember the name

unfortunately, I think your idea sounds way too niche for the mainstream market even though a proper writer could churn out some good shit. looks like we will have to stick to pre 2000 movies or just eat up the modern shit they are throwing at us

I liked it then and I like it now. 8.5/10.

9/10 MEW.

Really good until the last 10 mins. Those were shit.

>So why not have that explosion be mistaken by Goodmans character as an apocalyptic scale event

the dates don't match up though. I think the original had the year it was made all over it while this one had more modern tech

I don't see how referencing the "Cloverfield incident" would damage the narrative that was given in 10CL

>Cloverfield happens
>monster gets killed
>aliens are alerted somehow (satellites or Cloverfield monster itself)
>come to earth a few years later

i think she is a possible candidate for the most beautiful woman ive ever seen
it physically hurts me to see her some times, but i want her to be my wife, not my mother

this

fucking horrible ending

Yeah, I agree. I was pleasantly surprised until I was unpleasantly surprised.

>the dates don't match up

Ditch the smart phone and literally everything else in the movie is low-tech enough to work.

will there be a sequel?

youtube.com/watch?v=PX4U75dJiHc

is there a video out there where she just talks (without anybody elses voices ruining it)?

>So he found out he was chasing nothing but the illusion that she was special.. that everybody in the world is just the same, and that even himself included was not original either, he's just one of the rest.

youtube.com/watch?v=SHjnKlPEt0s