Why do so many people in greenland commit suicide?

why do so many people in greenland commit suicide?

It's cold, barren and they live off Denmark neetbux

Danish occupation

That's horrifying.

What the fuck happened in the late 80s

what the fuck is happening now?

>You're 4 times more likely to kill yourself in Greenland than get murdered in Detroit or Chicongo
Really jambalayas the paella

I thought greenland was supposed to be comfy

gets the old noggin scratching

Just abandon that frozen fucking wasteland. Jesus christ

They're all dying off because of >tfwnogf ;_;

So it's more like a sacrifice to even out the numbers.

How can you be depressed when you don't even have nigger invasion lol.

>You're as likely to kill yourself in Greenland as to get murdered in Honduras

Why do people still live in Greenland?

There are some natives for whom it's their homeland, right? But why would anyone else want to be there at all? What is to be gained?

I met an actual greenlander online once who told me the government writes off alcohol related deaths as suicide, and it's pretty common for people to get drunk and then freeze to death

If you for some reason get a job up there. I have never heard of anyone who just moved up there permanently because they felt like it.

That's quite scary

Is it really worth it though? They have stuff lucrative enough that somebody would want to go?

I don't think I would want to move up there. But I could imagine that it would be easier to find a job there, they probably lack people with a long education.

Could just work there a couple of years and then move back when you get too depressed from the loneliness and cold weather.

Simply because of boredom. There is not much to do after school there according to what i have read.

Also it's only 50 000 inhabitants and the most populuous city is 12k inhabitants (nuuk)

the rest lives in small empty settlements not populated by more than 2000 people.

Add with that the constant cold and grey clouds, the loneliness and the lack of activity outside work/school, alcoholism and you get such a horrifyingly high suicide rate

Video killed radio stars

Fishing industry my man. A not insignificant proportion of for example shrimp come from there.

I know someone who know some who worked there as a fisherman.

They made a lot of money, and there was nothing but a shitty bar to spend it on so he came home with enough to buy a house and start a company after a few years.

Greenland is the most beautiful place on earth. Can't image living anywere else

Lol

Are you living middle of ice?
How was it?

are you a proxyfag?

Basically, "Western life" just doesn't work in an envoirement like that.

If you sit inside all day in a tiny appartment, in a place where everything is grey and the sun doesn't shine half the year, where you can't get fresh air because it'll freeze your nose off you'll begin developing depression/alchoholism.

IMO we should knock down the appartments, build a massive airport and turn the whole place into a tourist attraction for rich kids who want to live among noble savages.

It would probally be cheaper in 10 years, that continuing to pay them NEETbux.